Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Harlan @ Adams (2nd round state)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wednesday 10/20 Thoughts ?
Outcome of Leslie/New Harlan game in question due to possible KYMSFA rules violations... More to come....
I Rule The World Wrote:Outcome of Leslie/New Harlan game in question due to possible KYMSFA rules violations... More to come....

Against who???
Wow, let us know what happened.
I Rule The World Wrote:Outcome of Leslie/New Harlan game in question due to possible KYMSFA rules violations... More to come....

Sorry I didnt realize that you were from Leslie Co., so obviously it has to be against Harlan, my bad.
Cant wait to hear this one........

Any news on this situation? Was the controversy concerning players too old to be playing per KYMSFA rules-the 15 before August 1st rule?
Gatti-Ward Wrote:Any news on this situation? Was the controversy concerning players too old to be playing per KYMSFA rules-the 15 before August 1st rule?

That can't be it. All student-athletes in middle school in Harlan County have to be eligible by this standard to participate in any sport in middle school...
:dontthink:Clap:If they have a 15 year old out there, I do not feel sorry for them....:Clap::dontthink
my thoughts are it depends on how adams offence line is blocking!!!!!!#73 for shore....
should be a great game if it is played.... would like to know more about the possible violation go cats:rockon::1:
go jordan ray
i dont know why ever body is talking about new harlan and adams bc they got a game monday against allen central that come before new harlan.....but go cats!!!!
adams all the way!!!
That game is obviosly a non state tournament game. Allen central is not in the tournament.
well still its a play off game
That was not the issue. It has been settled however and New Harlin has been disqualified from the rest of the tournament. You will see on the new updated brackets that Adams has already advanced.
Adams606 Wrote:well still its a play off game
What a conference playoff?
and for adams it a big deal dont get me wrong new harlan is to but ya adams worrys about one game at a time...
idk but how do no that new harlan is kick out and what happen....
ya its a confrense game
coach4life Wrote:What a conference playoff?

Then why didn't Leslie Co. advance to play Adams if New Harlan had to forfeit?
knighted Wrote:Then why didn't Leslie Co. advance to play Adams if New Harlan had to forfeit?
It appears they just chose not to.
New Harlan choice not to play the next round due to travel on a week night. They withdrew from the playoffs (New Harlan choice). Was told that since they did not read the script and get a sponsor that was the infraction. Have a copy of the e-mail to prove it.
I would like to see that email, does all of the teams have to have sponsors
The papers state that you have to have a $500 sponsor.
If a team is DQ for a violation the team that was defeated should get to go to the next round:thanks:
I think this will be a good game, but New Harlen will come up on top.
Wow,
Entry fee + $500.00 sponsor + major transportation cost + meals if you advance far enough + God knows what else = a whole lot of money to play in the state playoffs with the economy being what it is right now. The more I think about it I am glad that we chose to not participate. I was kind of regretting not putting my 10-1 Letcher Co. team in the playoffs because some of my parents were a little upset at me when they saw that teams we have beaten this year were participating in it like Cumberland, Adams, Leslie County but now I'm wondering how some of these teams found the money to participate. We have to pay mileage and bus driver fees and a simple trip to Johnson Central from Whitesburg is running me over $175.00 each time. I can realistically see it costing thousands of dollars when you figure in transportation, lodging if you make it far enough, meals and the added price for parents to go and enjoy the kids.
KMSFA is a non profit organization, the $500 covered the tshirts that each team and coaching staff would receive plus your team picture in the program. The guys running this work very hard and I commend them greatly. It gives the kids a chance to compete for something bigger than 10-1 season and bragging rights. It gives you a chance to say that you are the best team in the state. It may end up costing a lot but to me it's worth it because its a once in a lifetime experience for these kids.
Pages: 1 2 3