Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cumberland 40 Meece 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cumberland beats the defending State Champs in Somerset.

Great game to watch...
Nice Win. Now Get after Williamsburg.
coach4life Wrote:Nice Win. Now Get after Williamsburg.

Oh don't worry, Williamsburg has it coming for them! I don't think they will be able to handle the Redskins from Cumberland.
i hope it will be a good and safe game , good luck to both teams:Thumbs:
I must agree with Redskinfan, I've saw both teams play and Cumberland is a much better team. Williamsburg's athletes are good, but the coaching is definitely not at the same level. I'd pick Williamsburg if the coaches were any good. But their not.
Nice win Coach Bailey. Letcher County is pulling for you guys. It's nice to see our neighbors over the mountain doing well. We know you can play with anybody because we have seen you first hand. Let the guys and the parents know that me and the boys are really proud of them.

Coach Howard
:dontthink:dontthink
PhatBoy Wrote:Cumberland beats the defending State Champs in Somerset.

Great game to watch...

What are you talking about??? Meece were never state champs:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
redhound93 Wrote::dontthink:dontthink

What are you talking about??? Meece were never state champs:thatsfunn:thatsfunn

Meece 8th grade won the Small division state championship last year. However those kids are now freshmen so I wouldn't consider these 8th graders defending state champs seeing how they were not the group to win it.
For Cumberland to beat Williamsburg, the Redskins better be able to stop a good passing offense.
Redskinfan Wrote:Oh don't worry, Williamsburg has it coming for them! I don't think they will be able to handle the Redskins from Cumberland.

I hope you have a return ticket, because you will go home for the year!:biggrin: Better bring your "A" game or your will have to make excuses, like everyone else!:dontthink
I'll just say I believe my kid will get plenty of playing time this game. Anyone outside of Jackson Co knows what I mean. lol
Was this 7th or 8th?
PhatBoy Wrote:Cumberland beats the defending State Champs in Somerset.

Great game to watch...
Congrats on your win! Hope u get a chance to take down Williamsburg.
I thought Bowling Green won the state title last year.
Cumberland will have to play better defense than the one that let Meece score 36.
mrboro Wrote:Congrats on your win! Hope u get a chance to take down Williamsburg.

Don't hate the player, just the game....maybe the two you lost to Williamsburg?:ChairHit:
voljacketfan Wrote:Don't hate the player, just the game....maybe the two you lost to Williamsburg?:ChairHit:
Since it's the first time in YEARS that you have had a good team...I'll let you bask in it for a while. But if I were you, I'd quit thinking of the past and focus on the future. Heck, even your fans have said it, Middlesboro will just reload next year...hehehe. Watch out though, cause Cumberland's coming for ya and it could be over just like that.
mrboro Wrote:Since it's the first time in YEARS that you have had a good team...I'll let you bask in it for a while. But if I were you, I'd quit thinking of the past and focus on the future. Heck, even your fans have said it, Middlesboro will just reload next year...hehehe. Watch out though, cause Cumberland's coming for ya and it could be over just like that.

Sounds like Middlesboro did not want any of Cumberland.:igiveup: Pay your fee to advance in the BIG DANCE. :HitWall:I see a bright future for the middle school. :moon: So, hold back all of the players you can, the truth is Wlliamsburg is smaller than Middlesboro, you should have a choice of talent. We have smart fans, I mean, they did call the conference championship game:eyeroll:
No, I think it's the other way around, you see, we played Cumberland during our regular season and I see you guys didn't. Sorta looks like you all didn't want any of Cumberland. :dontthink And as for the "big dance", we qualified, the kids chose not to participate, but I'm sure you already know that.:moon: And yep we will reload next year, with all legal players of course, holdbacks or not.:rockon: You need to quit worrying yourself about Middlesboro and prepare for the whippin that Cumberland gonna put on you!:lmao:
mrboro Wrote:Since it's the first time in YEARS that you have had a good team...I'll let you bask in it for a while. But if I were you, I'd quit thinking of the past and focus on the future. Heck, even your fans have said it, Middlesboro will just reload next year...hehehe. Watch out though, cause Cumberland's coming for ya and it could be over just like that.

Yes we live in the real world down here. We know the Middlesboro is the largest D3 school in the state. According to the numbers posted on this site they were one kid away from being D2, while we are on the lower end of D3 schools. In fact this is a large 8th grade class for us and with a relatively small 6th grade class moving up we will be even smaller next year. So we do realize this is a special group and are enjoying while it last. That is why these kids will be ready. As stated above, if you give up 36 points to a team that could not score against opponents we scored on at will then you're going to have a long day against us.
mrboro Wrote:No, I think it's the other way around, you see, we played Cumberland during our regular season and I see you guys didn't. Sorta looks like you all didn't want any of Cumberland. :dontthink And as for the "big dance", we qualified, the kids chose not to participate, but I'm sure you already know that.:moon: And yep we will reload next year, with all legal players of course, holdbacks or not.:rockon: You need to quit worrying yourself about Middlesboro and prepare for the whippin that Cumberland gonna put on you!:lmao:

Didn't you beat Cumberland?
mrboro Wrote:No, I think it's the other way around, you see, we played Cumberland during our regular season and I see you guys didn't. Sorta looks like you all didn't want any of Cumberland. :dontthink And as for the "big dance", we qualified, the kids chose not to participate, but I'm sure you already know that.:moon: And yep we will reload next year, with all legal players of course, holdbacks or not.:rockon: You need to quit worrying yourself about Middlesboro and prepare for the whippin that Cumberland gonna put on you!:lmao:

Did Middlesboro lose to Cumberland? Is that why Middlesboro did not join the tournament? :yawn: Sounds to me like, you do not have a clue to the pecking order! We are #1 in the conference....You #2. :Thumbs: Maybe Middlesboro will still be D3 next year, watch your enrollment #?:dontthink

I'm sure there are teams on our schedule that you did not play either. It has nothing to do with not wanting to play Cumberland during the regular season. Did you play Southwestern or Lexington Christian? I don't know why you think that our players are not legal because they are as legal as yours are. We are very aware that we have a very special group of boys this year and we know great things with come from them in all sports. As for being worried about Middlesboro we are not those two games are in the past and we are looking toward our future games.