Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 36 Christian Academy of Louisville 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lexington Catholic paved their way to the regional finals by defeating CAL -36-0. Reese Ryan threw 3 TD passes to 3 different receivers and ran 1 in to lead Lex Cath past Christian Academy of Louisville in the first round of the D2 state tournament.
Congats, Lexington Catholic
Nice Job!
Good luck in round 2:moon:
It gets tougher. Henry County is coming to town..... Lex Cath coaches and players must be prepare for the physical running game that Henry Co runs. Good luck Lex Cath.
FBfan4life Wrote:It gets tougher. Henry County is coming to town..... Lex Cath coaches and players must be prepare for the physical running game that Henry Co runs. Good luck Lex Cath.

Lex Cath made sure to play a few physical run teams. They are not going to get caught off guard.
FBfan4life Wrote:It gets tougher. Henry County is coming to town..... Lex Cath coaches and players must be prepare for the physical running game that Henry Co runs. Good luck Lex Cath.

I know the people that set up the brackets made sure that Lexington Cath Football Club (they are not a middle School) had a easy first round and made Henry go to Owen Co and play 2 days before in Louisvillle.
Yes this is fair or someone set it up for a certain school (sorry club) to advance
I think Henry Co wins by 3tds against Western (at PRP) tomorrow night. We deserve a home game in the third round. We are 9-0 with a scoring ave like 45-8!
Old Henry Man Wrote:I know the people that set up the brackets made sure that Lexington Cath Football Club (they are not a middle School) had a easy first round and made Henry go to Owen Co and play 2 days before in Louisvillle.
Yes this is fair or someone set it up for a certain school (sorry club) to advance

Obviously you haven't been paying attention to any of my "WHINING" posts then Old Henry Man. The reason that Henry Co. played in the worst possible slot was because your coach or AD or whomever is responsible didn't turn in their paperwork ( even tho coach Hawkins called him and reminded him 3 days before th deadline). This paperwork included Henry Co's schedule and record so when it was not turned in by the time the brackets were made Coach Mann had no choice but insert Henry into the worst seed in the region. Thats why it said Henry Co./LCA in the first draft. Mann had to see if Henry Co. scored higher on the "Mann scale" than LCA.

Now that that has been explained lets move on to your next statement. If the bracket has been set up for Lex Cath to walk thru then "[I][B]why the heck is Lexington Catholic having to play at Henry Co. on Sat instead of playing at home?" Eh? Eh? You didn't see that one coming did you? In my opinion our coach(pres. of KMSFA) didn't want us to have a home game for the most important game in the region. I mean you guys played on the road because of negligence (Henry Co's) and now when the 2 best teams in the region play 1 game to see who gets to play on the carpet in the semi's, we end up going to your house instead. So I don't think Henry Co. should complain at all cause in our opinion Lex Cath got hosed because we are hosting the state tourney. That means we have to work 12 hr on sat. and 8 hrs on sun. with a good chance that our own kids wont be playing. So if you guys beat us at "your house" then I will let you work my shift since your kids will be playing anyway.:devilflam
Old Henry Man Wrote:I know the people that set up the brackets made sure that Lexington Cath Football Club (they are not a middle School) had a easy first round and made Henry go to Owen Co and play 2 days before in Louisvillle.

The date for the first round of the playoffs was set well before any season started so teams know when that is going to be. So if you play a game the week leading into the first round that is your schools fault. Also (I might be wrong) Henry Co added the Louisville game late. It came from them sending out an email on the listserv looking for a game. Funny thing is another team sent out they were looking for a game and Henry Co had no interest. That team ended up traveling to Bell Co because they could not find a local opponent.

Now as far as Lex Cath being a "club" team goes. If your going to call them a club team then you better call Bell Co and a number of other schools club teams because there is no Bell Co middle school either. It is a collection of feeder schools which is what Lex Cath does along with Cov Cath and a number of public schools. What is the exact criteria to play for Lex Cath I have no idea.
I want to thank everyone for their replies and I do respect your opinion.
I understand that the D3 bracket was changed well after it went out, but the D2 did not change.
Maybe I have sour grapes, but Henry Co has several sore kids having to play in 48 hours, and then have to play again in 48 hours.
3 games in 7 days!!!!, when your 2nd round competion has not played and if Henry gets to Lex Cath, they have a full week to prepare.
The system isn't perfect but if you don't meet deadlines and still get in I would be grateful to even get a chance to compete. Being in and playing on the road is better than sitting at home. Great teams win under all circumstances. Prove to everyone that you are a great team. Make plays not excuses that's our motto!
Exactly!!!

WINNERS DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES......WHINNERS DO !!!!
RichBrooks Wrote:The system isn't perfect but if you don't meet deadlines and still get in I would be grateful to even get a chance to compete. Being in and playing on the road is better than sitting at home. Great teams win under all circumstances. Prove to everyone that you are a great team. Make plays not excuses that's our motto!

Very good post. I realize the system is not perfect and its hard to make everyone happy so I'm going to shut up about Lex Cath having to travel to Henry Co. even tho I think it is wrong. If Henry beats us then I'll be rooting for them to win it all.
does lex cath play on the road in any games if not why..and one more question.why do some teams play 2 games while others are already placed in region finals..politics?
Boo Boo bear Wrote:does lex cath play on the road in any games if not why..and one more question.why do some teams play 2 games while others are already placed in region finals..politics?

Lex Cath beat Grant County, Frankfort, Carroll County, and Covington Catholic on the road in the regular season. They will now probably play Henry County on the road. So much for home field advantage. Lex Cath can win on the road or at home. As the man said if your team is better than the other team it does not matter where you play.
im from Adams middle school and i look forward to playing u lexingtion cathlic!!!!
granddad Wrote:Lex Cath beat Grant County, Frankfort, Carroll County, and Covington Catholic on the road in the regular season. They will now probably play Henry County on the road. So much for home field advantage. Lex Cath can win on the road or at home. As the man said if your team is better than the other team it does not matter where you play.

state championship at lex cath every year how is that fair and if that is,nt home field nothing is..make it fair for everyone play in different parts of the state northern ky-central ky=eastern ky -western ky that would be fair why lex every year..?politics ?
Boo Boo bear Wrote:state championship at lex cath every year how is that fair and if that is,nt home field nothing is..make it fair for everyone play in different parts of the state northern ky-central ky=eastern ky -western ky that would be fair why lex every year..?politics ?

You think its great to host the state tourney? I say lets move it to your field Boo Boo. You have no idea how hard it is to plan and work this tourney. IF we didn't have to host it then maybe we would get to host a regional final some day. YOu contact your AD or coach or whoever you need to and tell them that Boo Boo thinks you should host the state tourney, I'm sure he will jump right to it. Ha! Geez, I will give the corbin people cudos. At least they appreciate what we do to pull this tourney off. BTW " if "we make it to the semis this year, that will be only the 2nd time in 3 years we did it but after this year we will be hard pressed to return again anytime in the next few years so how unfair is it then when we still have to work the long hrs. without the benefit of watching our own kids play.
Boo Boo bear Wrote:state championship at lex cath every year how is that fair and if that is,nt home field nothing is..make it fair for everyone play in different parts of the state northern ky-central ky=eastern ky -western ky that would be fair why lex every year..?politics ?

Active in the KYMSFA? Sounds like some great ideas. KYMSFA needs more volunteers to drive this type of expanded format.
knighted Wrote:You think its great to host the state tourney? I say lets move it to your field Boo Boo. You have no idea how hard it is to plan and work this tourney. IF we didn't have to host it then maybe we would get to host a regional final some day. YOu contact your AD or coach or whoever you need to and tell them that Boo Boo thinks you should host the state tourney, I'm sure he will jump right to it. Ha! Geez, I will give the corbin people cudos. At least they appreciate what we do to pull this tourney off. BTW " if "we make it to the semis this year, that will be only the 2nd time in 3 years we did it but after this year we will be hard pressed to return again anytime in the next few years so how unfair is it then when we still have to work the long hrs. without the benefit of watching our own kids play.

did i say i didn,t appreciate what kymsfa does no.. i will ask i promise but if they say yes will we get it nope....politics and cudos to corbin they have to drive that awful road to lexington I..75 45 min drive if it was played in that format more teams would particapate for sure .
You have to have it at LCath. If you have four sets of brackets you may have 8 sets of fans. Lexington has the hotels and a new field for the kids to play on. You cant have it in a town that doesnt have stadium seating. Lets also be honest, Lexington is like a field trip for some of these teams.....:Clap:
Boo Boo bear Wrote:did i say i didn,t appreciate what kymsfa does no.. i will ask i promise but if they say yes will we get it nope....politics and cudos to corbin they have to drive that awful road to lexington I..75 45 min drive if it was played in that format more teams would particapate for sure .

Boo Boo the KMSFA doen't work this tourney. Its the Lexington Catholic middle school "parents" that does all the work.So like Ive said before " come up here and you can work my shifts".:please:
Awesome game! Both teams played hard. Nothing boring about this one.
Adams will be tuff dont count them out!!!

Because no other school would or will step up and host the semi's and the finals. No other school would provide manning the conssession, gate, field duties. Lex Cath booster parents are willing too...regarless if their team is out of the play-offs.
Blues Wrote:Because no other school would or will step up and host the semi's and the finals. No other school would provide manning the conssession, gate, field duties. Lex Cath booster parents are willing too...regarless if their team is out of the play-offs.

The semis and finals need to be played at a stadium with turf and a somewhat central location in the state so people from Lone Oak doesn't have to travel to Johnson co.(an extra 2 hrs from Lexington). I realize it is still convenient for the schools that are located closer to central kentuckty but Its not Lex Cath that has chosen the site of our school. It is the KMSFA.