Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 50 Clay County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Corbin won the conference championship against Clay County tuesday night 50-0. I didn't get to make it to this game, so I was wondering if anyone who went had any info on it.
It was complete and total domination on both sides of the football.......i don't think clay even got a first down until early in the fourth quarter. This is no exaggeration.......don't believe they crossed their own 40 yard line until the second half.
Corbin has a great team. I would love to see them against henry co in the state finals!
Good way to warm up for state!
BM82 Wrote:Corbin has a great team. I would love to see them against henry co in the state finals!

Well that would mean that Henry Co. has to beat Lex Cath, and they most definitely are able to. So I guess if we get beat that will give me a reason to enjoy the tourney anyway as I'm working those 16 hr shifts that the Lex Cath parents and staff have to put in to keep everything rolling. So all you people out there need to feel sorry for ole knighted if Catholic doesn't make it to the carpet. Maybe seen me a christmas card at least.
knighted Wrote:Well that would mean that Henry Co. has to beat Lex Cath, and they most definitely are able to. So I guess if we get beat that will give me a reason to enjoy the tourney anyway as I'm working those 16 hr shifts that the Lex Cath parents and staff have to put in to keep everything rolling. So all you people out there need to feel sorry for ole knighted if Catholic doesn't make it to the carpet. Maybe seen me a christmas card at least.

I had you guys going home in round 1.... LOL
BM82 Wrote:I had you guys going home in round 1.... LOL

Then I expect X-mas cards from all.
having experienced the Lexington Catholic efoorts in last year's final and semi-final games I'll give you a great big round of applause. You folks work HARD and the results show! It would be good if all the teams involved could pitch in and help but I'm not smart enough to figure out how that could happen. If you figure it out, us Corbinites would do our share.
papawron Wrote:having experienced the Lexington Catholic efoorts in last year's final and semi-final games I'll give you a great big round of applause. You folks work HARD and the results show! It would be good if all the teams involved could pitch in and help but I'm not smart enough to figure out how that could happen. If you figure it out, us Corbinites would do our share.

We certainly appreciate you saying this corbinite. Its just one of those things that people don't think about unless its you that is working the long hrs of the tourney( especially if we Lex Cath has already been eliminated from the tourney). The only problem I (we) have is that because we are hosting the tourney our coach (KMSFA pres.) thinks it looks bad if we have home field advantage throughout the tourney,even though we have earned it. I mean if Owen Co. took home field away from Henry co. and we are the Number 1 seed in our region then how can he give away our home field advantage just because we are hosting the semi's and finals. I mean if we never get home field in the regional finals(but only when we deserve it) then we may never get to watch our kids play in the big show. Even so, we will still be there from daylight to well after dark working the tourney so all the other parents get to enjoy watching their kids play football. It happend to us last year and it looks like it will again this year too. Politics should not be involved here. Thank you Corbinites for appreciating it still. :thanks:
:flush:
knighted Wrote:We certainly appreciate you saying this corbinite. Its just one of those things that people don't think about unless its you that is working the long hrs of the tourney( especially if we Lex Cath has already been eliminated from the tourney). The only problem I (we) have is that because we are hosting the tourney our coach (KMSFA pres.) thinks it looks bad if we have home field advantage throughout the tourney,even though we have earned it. I mean if Owen Co. took home field away from Henry co. and we are the Number 1 seed in our region then how can he give away our home field advantage just because we are hosting the semi's and finals. I mean if we never get home field in the regional finals(but only when we deserve it) then we may never get to watch our kids play in the big show. Even so, we will still be there from daylight to well after dark working the tourney so all the other parents get to enjoy watching their kids play football. It happend to us last year and it looks like it will again this year too. Politics should not be involved here. Thank you Corbinites for appreciating it still. :thanks:
How does anybody get to change the seeding? That sounds fishy to me. I cant see how anybody can do that?
watched both games, 1st one in regular season was good game, and I was little worried about having to play them again, but the Corbin coaches seemed to really have the team ready to play!