Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How about this set up for Football?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The state is broken up into 4 regions. I suggest having 1 person in charge of a region , lets say - Regional Coordinator. This persons job is to track the wins/loss for the region in each Division. At the beginning of each season , they will get a list of the schools in each division to keep up with. This way they can possibly get to games during the season, lets say. At the end of the season, the RC's could make out the brackets for their regions in each class. Conference Winners could possibly get a bye and so one as it will work. They will have 3 divisions in 8th grade and 7th grade would just be one division. So actually 4 divisions. The RC's have a closer connection and they would diffuse alot of complaints about who plays who..... The conference commisioners WILL maintain their win loss records and email each score to the RC's after every game. This could possibly help out.

NOW FOR THE FUN PART:
As some of you guys are small school division 3 schools, you may have found it hard to be elligible for playoffs due to the fact that you have to play div 1 schools in your conference. Instead of having to drive to Timbuktoo, to get games in your division, I think I havea good suggestion on how to help out.

Lets say I am: Littleschool Middle School (div3) and I am ready to do my schedule for the year. I would like to see this happen...
If LMS schedules a game with a Div1 school they automatically get 30 points, 20 points for Div2 and 10 pointes for Division3,, OKAY u with me. So that way you get points for Schedule Strength.
NOW if I win a game against a bigger school: I also get the 30 extra points to add to my scheduled Strength total. What this does is gives smaller teams the chance to acquire points when forced to play big schools in Conferences. Lets say that you are the only Div 3 school in your conference,, if youplay everyone, you get points for strength schedule points automatically!!!
NOW here is another kick to it!! You only get points if the team you schedule is a KYMSFA member........ Wanna increase the numbers of teams in the KYMSFA, add points to scheduling them.
This will take care of teams who PAD their schedules with teams who are lesser in quality also.
EXAMPLE:
week 1- LMS(Little Middle School) -vs- KYMSFA Div1team..+30 points for schedule and PLUS 30 points if you win!!
week2 - LMS -vs- KYMSFA Div 2 Team..+20 points for schedule and loss= 30
week 3- LMS -vs- BigMiddle School-Tenn. NO POINTS for schedule no points for win, due to not knowing how big the school actually is.
You can still play schools outside the KYMSFA, but you get no credit for them. BUT you support other KYMSFA schools by scheduling them.

Seeding for State Tourney:
The Conferences inside each region would play in the first round if available. EXAMPLE!!
Region 1 has 4 conferences in it. The conference champions would be identified and seeded accordingly by size Div 1-2-3....
Conference A has 3-div 1 schools and 4div 2 schools and 3 div 3 schools. These Div would be ranked by strength of schedule pionts + win points to give a rank per Division. Then these schools would be bracketed accordingly in the region. Then after all seeding is done with the help of the RC and the Conference commisioners and all the coaches. We could possibly be on track to actually play our first playoff game!!

Small schools like Everts, Harlan Ind. per say would all have points and be seeded accordingly to their class and Division. Yes you are rewarded for playing bigger schools, you get SS points , plus any game you win. This would allow conferences to continue playing the way they are and nothing has to be done to disrupt tradition..... OR conferences could intermingle and have a North/South Division or East/West Division to actually allow for more games to be picked up from KYMSFA schools who support the KYMSFA layout.

Give me your comments and feedback, lets see what wrinkles apear and what we could possibly present to the KYMSFA for next year!!!!!!
week2 - LMS -vs- KYMSFA Div 2 Team..+20 points for schedule and loss= 30 Should total= 20 points sorry!!!
ManofGOD Wrote:week2 - LMS -vs- KYMSFA Div 2 Team..+20 points for schedule and loss= 30 Should total= 20 points sorry!!!

NO points for while playing in the conference tourney since some teams with bigger conferences would get extra games in?
knighted Wrote:NO points for while playing in the conference tourney since some teams with bigger conferences would get extra games in?

EXPLAIN LUCY!! I would say the more teams you play the more points you get... Some teams play in conferences that have 10 games, I know the NEKC has 6 teams. So that leaves mandatory 3 game pick up to get the required 8 game minimum. So you better bet we are going to try to schedule teams that are bigger than us to play. What do you want to do, 1. Go undefeated in your season. 2. Or play teams that will make you better. As a coach I would think to play the best teams I can find and then when the post season comes around, you should be ready to go.
Like looking at some peoples schedule they play 20 games.. (Johnson County)
But from what i inderstand, with as many kids as they have, they will play split teams.. I may be wrong.
Just dont want this to happen. Div 3 school has to play all schools bigger than them and does not win a game. BUT in reality they can play very well against teams their size... So why punish them for being in a big school dominated conference. The only way you are going to get away from that is just play Big School Conference and a Small School Conference, but you are limiting your competition and level of play.
What I am saying is that you get credit for playing in a tough conference. Lets say Frankfort plays Lex Cath..... Frankfort should get credit for playing up, thats what I am saying. And you are only bracketed with teams your division at the end of the season anyway.
Not to get to complicated but you could always get points for you oppenents wins too, now that would throw in an extra, How do you do!!
Example: I am LMS (little middle school) plays 3 div 1, plays 4 div 2, and 1 div 1 school for their 8 game minimum. SS (strength Schedule) points gives you= 180 scheduling points, and you loose to 2 div 2 schools so you win points= 140
Team LMS has a total of 320 points.

Team OMS (other middle school) div 3 plays , 5 div 1 school and 3 division 2 schools for the conference play, so they SS points of 210 but only win the 2 Div games so they get +40 for 2 wins over a div school which gives them 250 points.
LMS finishes 6-2= 320 pnts
OMS finishes 2-6= 250 ponts. LMS would be the top seed and OMS could probably play them inthe playoffs and compete with LMS better than any of their regular season opponents, So they would make it too. BUT lets say you have a Div 2 team that plays in a conference and wins the conference championship then the Winner would be the top seed inthe conference and then the runner up and then the next Highest division winner, and then the highest other division winner.

Conference results:
Div 2 school OBG wins the championship- they advance with a top seed
Div 1 school LSK gets runner up!- they will go into the seeding for their division
Div 3 school MBG gets 4th inthe conference but is the highest Div 3 school. They will be seeded.

If you win your conference, you COULD POSSIBLY be able to get a bye or home field advantage.

Then the RC's would look at seeding by points and rank the teams who did not win their conference and play close to geographical location with seeding.
#1 vs #4 @1
#2 vs #3 @ #2

plays out to week 2 winner of 1-4 plays winner of 2-3 possible second round, of course this would be determined by the number of schools in the Division and Region... BUT would help Div 3 schools get to post season play if you ar stuck in a powerhouse conference and wish to stay there and play due to geographical limitations.

Like I said this is just a thought....
ManofGOD Wrote:EXPLAIN LUCY!! I would say the more teams you play the more points you get... Some teams play in conferences that have 10 games, I know the NEKC has 6 teams. So that leaves mandatory 3 game pick up to get the required 8 game minimum. So you better bet we are going to try to schedule teams that are bigger than us to play. What do you want to do, 1. Go undefeated in your season. 2. Or play teams that will make you better. As a coach I would think to play the best teams I can find and then when the post season comes around, you should be ready to go.
Like looking at some peoples schedule they play 20 games.. (Johnson County)
But from what i inderstand, with as many kids as they have, they will play split teams.. I may be wrong.
Just dont want this to happen. Div 3 school has to play all schools bigger than them and does not win a game. BUT in reality they can play very well against teams their size... So why punish them for being in a big school dominated conference. The only way you are going to get away from that is just play Big School Conference and a Small School Conference, but you are limiting your competition and level of play.
What I am saying is that you get credit for playing in a tough conference. Lets say Frankfort plays Lex Cath..... Frankfort should get credit for playing up, thats what I am saying. And you are only bracketed with teams your division at the end of the season anyway.
Not to get to complicated but you could always get points for you oppenents wins too, now that would throw in an extra, How do you do!!
Example: I am LMS (little middle school) plays 3 div 1, plays 4 div 2, and 1 div 1 school for their 8 game minimum. SS (strength Schedule) points gives you= 180 scheduling points, and you loose to 2 div 2 schools so you win points= 140
Team LMS has a total of 320 points.

Team OMS (other middle school) div 3 plays , 5 div 1 school and 3 division 2 schools for the conference play, so they SS points of 210 but only win the 2 Div games so they get +40 for 2 wins over a div school which gives them 250 points.
LMS finishes 6-2= 320 pnts
OMS finishes 2-6= 250 ponts. LMS would be the top seed and OMS could probably play them inthe playoffs and compete with LMS better than any of their regular season opponents, So they would make it too. BUT lets say you have a Div 2 team that plays in a conference and wins the conference championship then the Winner would be the top seed inthe conference and then the runner up and then the next Highest division winner, and then the highest other division winner.

Conference results:
Div 2 school OBG wins the championship- they advance with a top seed
Div 1 school LSK gets runner up!- they will go into the seeding for their division
Div 3 school MBG gets 4th inthe conference but is the highest Div 3 school. They will be seeded.

If you win your conference, you COULD POSSIBLY be able to get a bye or home field advantage.

Then the RC's would look at seeding by points and rank the teams who did not win their conference and play close to geographical location with seeding.
#1 vs #4 @1
#2 vs #3 @ #2

plays out to week 2 winner of 1-4 plays winner of 2-3 possible second round, of course this would be determined by the number of schools in the Division and Region... BUT would help Div 3 schools get to post season play if you ar stuck in a powerhouse conference and wish to stay there and play due to geographical limitations.

Like I said this is just a thought....

Hey I like this idea.This thread needs to be brought up at the KMSFA conference this Nov.
The question I was asking you was not about playing conference teams but playing conference tournaments. I was just thinking that lets say Lex Cath finishes undefeated at 10-0, but since there are only 3 teams in their conference it would mean Lex Cath would only get to play 1 conference tournament game, where as Anderson County might be 7-3 regular season
but play 3 games in their tourney and gain added pts because they are in a bigger tournament. I may of missed it but I didn't see where you addressed this. I would think the pts would end before the conference tourney begins. But I'm not a man that would know such things......
Your points are:
1. You can only get SS and win points during conference play?
2. Teams who have to play multiple games in Conference playoffs should not get points.

If you win a conference, then you should be looked at as a number 1 Seed.
Then if you have more points then you should also be looked at for a higher seed, maybe in the other bracket.

I see what you are saying but you also have to look at teams who are in a conference with only 6 teams so they only have 5 conference games..... They have to pick up other teams just to make the required number of games.

PROPOSAL:
(Current rule) A KYMSFA team must play at least 8 games to be eligible for the playoffs.
(Current rule) points are awarded for wins-30,20,10.

Proposal: 2011 season-
A KYMSFA team will acquire points for scheduling, 30-Div1, 20-Div2,10-Div3.
Teams must complete an 8 game regular season to be eligible, but will be limited to for point accumulation only for 11 games (10 game regular season and 1 Conference Championship)

Teams who do not play a 10 game season would be encouraged to pick up teams or travel and play in BOWL game situations outside their conference. May even look at Pre-season Showcase by Division. Lets say region 3 held the Capital City Classic for all Div 3 teams on Saturday, like they already do. It allows tems to play who may never see each other until the state playoffs, You play your size school or yo umay elect to play UP! MORE POINTS for small school or Div 2 playing up. But what I see is Divisions would have their own showcase to play each other, So each divisions points are pretty much going to be somewhere near the same if you play KYMSFA schools.

REMEMBER: Strength of Schedule points only apply to KYMSFA teams. This process would also make surrounding schools encourage ALL teams to join the KYMSFA! Everyone benefits.

Lets keep the discussion going this is good!