Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coin Flip for regional finals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard a rumor from someone who might or might not know what their talking about, that they were going to flip a coin for home field advantage. I would think if we had home field and a team that was on the road their first 2 games could get home field because of a coin flip destroys the pt system that we were told was absolute. Anybody know anything about it? Barrel, you seem to know something about everything, enlighten us.
I have not heard this. Now it still might happened but as far as I know nothing has been released. There are a few issues with doing something like this. If it is not already written into the policy then I think it is a bad idea. Now if they go off of points then it should hold up where the higher seed always gets home field.

If I hear something I will pass it along. I think without question there is going to be somethings that need to be addressed during the off season. Some of those things will be with the KMSFA and some with the schools. There has been a good deal of complaining about some things and honestly if the schools would do more on their part some of this could be taken care of.
Is the point system 30PTS. for beating a div. 1 school, 20 PTS for div. 2 school, 10 PTS. for div. 3 school during the regular season? Do points carry over to the 2nd. round of the playoffs to help determine the home team?
I would not think so....that angle would give a lower ranked team that has to play more playoff games an advantage of a team that earned a higher seed due to reg. season play. Cannot see changing the seeds once brackets are set.....never seen that at any level.
that would defeat the seedind process. That would help a team like Henry. Dont think they need help....they are pretty strong!!!
I would hate to think a coin toss would determine home field advantage. I'm sure there is "politics", but would rather think that points scored and record and strength of schedule, would be the determining factor
smscougars Wrote:I would hate to think a coin toss would determine home field advantage. I'm sure there is "politics", but would rather think that points scored and record and strength of schedule, would be the determining factor

I guess we will find out next week.