Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rumor: Bruce Pearl to Leave Tenn..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Supposedly today Bruce Pearl is having a press conference to talk about whether he will be stepping down as head coach or staying.
Everyone on Twitter is saying this is false. He will not be resigning.
I hope not, his excitement that he brings to UT is good for the SEC. I actually do like Sweaty Bruce and think that he is a great coach for a SEC school. He does a lot of good things with the state and seems to be a very good guy. He just didnt learn that once a mistake is made you have to own up to it.
I agree Scotty. Couldn't had said it better myself.
^ Thank you Ballers. I really hope that it get sorted out and they can continue to challenge UK in the SEC east.
If he doesn't resign he may be ran out of town anyway.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:^ Thank you Ballers. I really hope that it get sorted out and they can continue to challenge UK in the SEC east.

With that said, imo there won't be much of a challenge coming from the Vols. this year Big Grin
I hate Tennessee just like all of the UK faithful do but I don't wanna see Bruce Pearl leave UT, he has been the best thing that has happened to them and I don't think they could find a better coach!
Press conference was not about stepping down
I absolutely hate Tennessee, but I do like Bruce Pearl.
leecoukfan Wrote:I hate Tennessee just like all of the UK faithful do but I don't wanna see Bruce Pearl leave UT, he has been the best thing that has happened to them and I don't think they could find a better coach!

Feel the same exact way:Thumbs:
Bruce Pearl is a class act and I would not want to see him leave
Pearl is not going anywhere unless more trouble bubbles up.
Stardust Wrote:Press conference was not about stepping down

That's why it is marked as 'rumor' SD.
he is a very good coach and I hope he stays!!!!
I like Pearl.. I know most of the big big UK fans hate Tennessee.. But they are SEC brethren.. It's hard for me to hate them knowing that they knocked out a lot of good teams in the NCAA tourney last year even though they did beat us at their home court last year.
I'm not big on any team that is lined up with thugs like that.
I respect the coach for suspending them and showing them they are not above the rules.
But when you broke the rules to recruit them you're left looking like a hypocrite.
I don't see it lasting too much longer for him if they don't get it done this year.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm not big on any team that is lined up with thugs like that.
I respect the coach for suspending them and showing them they are not above the rules.
But when you broke the rules to recruit them you're left looking like a hypocrite.
I don't see it lasting too much longer for him if they don't get it done this year.

I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. Didn't he turn in other coaches for violating rules before he came to Tennessee. Sounds like the Senators and Congressmen impeaching Bill Clinton and then getting caught doing the same thing. I have no tolerance for blatant hypocrites. I believe it was the 1988-89 basketball season while he was the assistant coach at the University of Iowa.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. Didn't he turn in other coaches for violating rules before he came to Tennessee. Sounds like the Senators and Congressmen impeaching Bill Clinton and then getting caught doing the same thing. I have no tolerance for blatant hypocrites. I believe it was the 1988-89 basketball season while he was the assistant coach at the University of Iowa.

If I recall correctly, he was questioning Miller of Ohio State and his recruiting during "off limit" preriods
I hope Bruce Pearl dont leave UT. I love Bruce Pearl but hate Tennessee.
Tennessee wont get anyone better than Pearl, no big name coach would want to come and have to complete with UK every year.
GuidugliisGuru Wrote:If I recall correctly, he was questioning Miller of Ohio State and his recruiting during "off limit" preriods

No, it was about the recruiting of Deon Thomas. When he lost Thomas to the University of Illinois, he called Thomas and secretly recorded him over the telephone supposedly admitting they promised him cars and money.