Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AP Top 25 - October 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Ohio State (34) 6-0 1453
2 Oregon (15) 6-0 1427
3 Boise State (8) 5-0 1395
4 TCU (1) 6-0 1304
5 Nebraska 5-0 1236
6 Oklahoma (2) 5-0 1225
7 Auburn 6-0 1104
8 Alabama 5-1 1021
9 LSU 6-0 999
10 South Carolina 4-1 978
11 Utah 5-0 926
12 Arkansas 4-1 813
13 Michigan State 6-0 806
14 Stanford 5-1 732
15 Iowa 4-1 648
16 Florida State 5-1 547
17 Arizona 4-1 472
18 Wisconsin 5-1 410
19 Nevada 6-0 376
20 Oklahoma State 5-0 348
21 Missouri 5-0 298
22 Florida 4-2 209
23 Air Force 5-1 187
24 Oregon State 3-2 186
25 West Virginia 4-1 141
How can they drop Bama all the way to 8?????? I expected 4 or 5
What I don't understand is how South Carolina isn't ahead of Alabama after they just beat them!?
^ they were too low in the rankings to jump that much
Stardust Wrote:^ they were too low in the rankings to jump that much

Well when you beat the #1 team in the nation by multiple scores especially when they have been at #1 for 19 weeks in a row(i believe thats what they said on ESPN), I don't think an 11 or 12 spot jump is too much IMO.
So Oregon St., unranked should jump all the way up over Arizona? No, it doesn't work that way, nor should it.
Stardust Wrote:How can they drop Bama all the way to 8?????? I expected 4 or 5

I guess were they lost by double digits. Also all the teams that jumped them are still undefeated. Alabama will be at least in the top 3 before the season is over.
leecoukfan Wrote:Well when you beat the #1 team in the nation by multiple scores especially when they have been at #1 for 19 weeks in a row(i believe thats what they said on ESPN), I don't think an 11 or 12 spot jump is too much IMO.

Stardust Wrote:So Oregon St., unranked should jump all the way up over Arizona? No, it doesn't work that way, nor should it.

How do you get that out of what i said? Did you not read the part where Alabama had been ranked #1 for 19 straight weeks??!!

I hope you're just trying to stir the pot as they say because your statement makes no sense in reponse to mine.
leecoukfan Wrote:Well when you beat the #1 team in the nation by multiple scores especially when they have been at #1 for 19 weeks in a row(i believe thats what they said on ESPN), I don't think an 11 or 12 spot jump is too much IMO.
Well, for the part of your argument I agree with, South Carolina was ranked way to low at #19 coming into the game. USC should have been around 13-16 IMO..for my argument, an 11 or 12 spot drop by losing on the road in the SEC to a ranked team shouldnt happen. I dont agree with these rankings at all. Bama should be ranked 5th or at the lowest, 6th. The polls SHOULD look like this; Again, this is only my opinion.
1. Ohio State
2. Oregon
3. Nebraska
4. Oklahoma
5. Bama (or as bad as I hate to admit, Auburn)

TCU and Boise State should NOT be ranked ahead of Nebraska, Oklahoma or Bama..and for what its worth, as much as I also hate to admit, I think Ohio State and Nebraska will be playing for all the marbles in January.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, for the part of your argument I agree with, South Carolina was ranked way to low at #19 coming into the game. USC should have been around 13-16 IMO..for my argument, an 11 or 12 spot drop by losing on the road in the SEC to a ranked team shouldnt happen. I dont agree with these rankings at all. Bama should be ranked 5th or at the lowest, 6th. The polls SHOULD look like this; Again. This is only my opinion.
1. Ohio State
2. Oregon
3. Nebraska
4. Oklahoma

TCU and Boise State should NOT be ranked ahead of Nebraska, Oklahoma or Bama..and for what its worth, as much as I also hate to admit, I think Ohio State and Nebraska will be playing for all the marbles in January.

I agree with this. But you know that the media will be eating out of the mid-major's hands for the rest of the season. If TCU and Boise can go undefeated then it gets very interesting to see how the BCS group goes about the selections. I hope that it ends with two big name schools but I still would not rule out the two mid majors from taking it from an one loss team.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, for the part of your argument I agree with, South Carolina was ranked way to low at #19 coming into the game. USC should have been around 13-16 IMO..for my argument, an 11 or 12 spot drop by losing on the road in the SEC to a ranked team shouldnt happen. I dont agree with these rankings at all. Bama should be ranked 5th or at the lowest, 6th. The polls SHOULD look like this; Again, this is only my opinion.
1. Ohio State
2. Oregon
3. Nebraska
4. Oklahoma

The 11 or 12 spot jump was in reference to SC being ranked ahead of Alabama which I think they should be where as Alabama only dropped 7 spots from 1 to 8.
Stardust Wrote:How can they drop Bama all the way to 8?????? I expected 4 or 5

Same thing I wanna know?
leecoukfan Wrote:How do you get that out of what i said? Did you not read the part where Alabama had been ranked #1 for 19 straight weeks??!!

I hope you're just trying to stir the pot as they say because your statement makes no sense in reponse to mine.

:please::lmao:

lol, sorry to bust your bubble, but your statement is the one that makes no sense. South Carolina doesn't deserve to be ranked ahead of Bama. You said it yourself, they had been ranked at #1 for 19 straight weeks, they don't deserve to have some team that beat them in one game be higher ranked just based on that game.

What's SC done besides beat Bama? I agree that they're a great team and were ranked to low last week, but that doesn't mean they're better than Bama, nor does it mean they should be ranked higher. Now if they had beaten Auburn, this would be different. Just because you beat the team, doesn't mean you surpass them in the rankings, especially when they were #1, and you were #18 or #19.

IMO, SC is a tad bit to high and Bama is too low. I would like to see SC and Michigan State switch places and Bama be at least in the top 6.
[quote=TidesHoss32]Well, for the part of your argument I agree with, South Carolina was ranked way to low at #19 coming into the game. USC should have been around 13-16 IMO..for my argument, an 11 or 12 spot drop by losing on the road in the SEC to a ranked team shouldnt happen. I dont agree with these rankings at all. Bama should be ranked 5th or at the lowest, 6th. The polls SHOULD look like this; Again, this is only my opinion.
1. Ohio State
2. Oregon
3. Nebraska
4. Oklahoma

TCU and Boise State should NOT be ranked ahead of Nebraska, Oklahoma or Bama..and for what its worth, as much as I also hate to admit, I think Ohio State and Nebraska will be playing for all the marbles in January.[/QUOTE]

I hope not!
vundy33 Wrote::please::lmao:

lol, sorry to bust your bubble, but your statement is the one that makes no sense. South Carolina doesn't deserve to be ranked ahead of Bama. You said it yourself, they had been ranked at #1 for 19 straight weeks, they don't deserve to have some team that beat them in one game be higher ranked just based on that game.

What's SC done besides beat Bama? I agree that they're a great team and were ranked to low last week, but that doesn't mean they're better than Bama, nor does it mean they should be ranked higher. Now if they had beaten Auburn, this would be different. Just because you beat the team, doesn't mean you surpass them in the rankings, especially when they were #1, and you were #18 or #19.

IMO, SC is a tad bit to high and Bama is too low. I would like to see SC and Michigan State switch places and Bama be at least in the top 6.

Well I think that if you're good enough to beat em then you should be ranked ahead of them, so no bubble bursted here:biggrin:
leecoukfan Wrote:Well I think that if you're good enough to beat em then you should be ranked ahead of them, so no bubble bursted here:biggrin:

Every blind dog has its day!! :moon:
vundy33 Wrote::please::lmao:

:Thumbs: Beautiful post.
leecoukfan Wrote:Well I think that if you're good enough to beat em then you should be ranked ahead of them, so no bubble bursted here:biggrin:
So based on your logic, when unranked, 11-8 South Carolina beat #1, 19-0 UK 68-62 in mens basketball last season, USC should have jumped UK in the rankings...correct?
Saw an interesting graphic on ESPN that mentioned that is the BCS computer polls where to actually rank that it would be Boise St and Oregon 1) and 2) right now with TCU right behind.
^I hate the BCS..
I had a dream last night...it was a mix of the BCS and a playoff system. Not a huge playoff, like the top 8 or 10 teams. The winners of those games went on to play in the BCS bowls.

I liked that concept, but I really can't remember the rest of the dream so I can't go any further than that.
vundy33 Wrote:I had a dream last night...it was a mix of the BCS and a playoff system. Not a huge playoff, like the top 8 or 10 teams. The winners of those games went on to play in the BCS bowls.

I liked that concept, but I really can't remember the rest of the dream so I can't go any further than that.

Oh yes we can dream but will it ever become a reality???? :yikes:
BCS is the biggest joke in sports (right up there with the W-L record for pitchers :ThumbsSmile
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Oh yes we can dream but will it ever become a reality???? :yikes:
BCS is the biggest joke in sports (right up there with the W-L record for pitchers :ThumbsSmile
Love the pitchers remark..and that is absolutely true:Thumbs:
The Crimson Tide was penalized for losing against a very good South Carolina team on the Gamecocks own field, yet all of the victories that Alabama accumulated prior to this loss seems to have all been thrown out. Alabama is still a top 5 team