Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leslie Co. vs. New Harlan (1st Round of KYMSFA Playoffs)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leslie Co. will travel to Harlan to play their former conference foes in the first round of the KYMSFA playoffs on Sat. Oct. 16th at 5:00..
I'm gonna say NH by 14 just because of where the game is being played .
NH by 3 or 4 touchdowns.
Does New Harlan have any dominate players
New Harlan..21-0..
New Harlan..21-0..
Pantherfan12 Wrote:New Harlan..21-0..

How good is New Harlan?
New Harlan is a very solid team. They have a little speed at outside backers and D ends. Their Qb is huge but not very mobile but can throw. Their wildcate set is very dangerous, because they have two solid backs. #42 plays wide side end and is a heck of a ball player. They play smash mouth football running power I and hitting you in the mouth.
If they enjoy this type of football so much what happened to them at bell co and knox?? I know knox and bell are strong teams but to be included in talk of winning state titles and being dominant you have to be able to compete with teams like this. Knox beat them 40-0 and i heard bell beat them pretty good as well. Seen them play earlier in the year and new harlan looked pretty good.....have they had some injuries or lost some players?? Just wondering.......again to talk of winning state titles you have a hard road ahead of you. Outside of a few first round games every team you face is going to be able to step up and play smashmouth football and be good at it. Anyone know what happened at these games??
RichBrooks Wrote:New Harlan is a very solid team. They have a little speed at outside backers and D ends. Their Qb is huge but not very mobile but can throw. Their wildcate set is very dangerous, because they have two solid backs. #42 plays wide side end and is a heck of a ball player. They play smash mouth football running power I and hitting you in the mouth.

I know Adams beat Leslie co better bad, just wondering if Adam could hang with them, and letcher co just beat adams by 2 pts.
RichBrooks Wrote:New Harlan is a very solid team. They have a little speed at outside backers and D ends. Their Qb is huge but not very mobile but can throw. Their wildcate set is very dangerous, because they have two solid backs. #42 plays wide side end and is a heck of a ball player. They play smash mouth football running power I and hitting you in the mouth.

I know Adams beat Leslie co pretty bad, just wondering if Adams could hang with them, and letcher co just beat adams by 2 pts.
OldBobcat Wrote:If they enjoy this type of football so much what happened to them at bell co and knox?? I know knox and bell are strong teams but to be included in talk of winning state titles and being dominant you have to be able to compete with teams like this. Knox beat them 40-0 and i heard bell beat them pretty good as well. Seen them play earlier in the year and new harlan looked pretty good.....have they had some injuries or lost some players?? Just wondering.......again to talk of winning state titles you have a hard road ahead of you. Outside of a few first round games every team you face is going to be able to step up and play smashmouth football and be good at it. Anyone know what happened at these games??

New Harlan lost to Bell 20 to 14 (two starters did not play and two left during the game with injuries). New Harlan had the ball driving for the go ahead touchdown with 6 min. left in the game. Turned it over on downs at the 40 and got the ball back with under a min. left and time ran out. Bell has a good team and I am not taking anything away from them but to say that New Harlan which is a D2 school Playing a D3 school is not in the same class is untrue. As for Knox I guess you missed the game 2 weeks prior to that when they lost 8-6 against New Harlan. Once again Knox has a good team and handed it to them at home. I am not sure if that was the same Knox team two weeks prior or not I know that neither team played the same game. (New Harlan never showed up and Knox was ready for revenge.) I am not saying that New Harlan is state bound but no need to try and put down on there program. They have a fine group of boys that know how to play good physical football and represent a piece of Harlan Co. proud.
Patriots are a good all around team and they are ready for the playoffs.

New Harlan- 28
Leslie- 7

Go Patriots!!!
Hey Adams 606 me and the boys from Letcher County was more than happy to JUST beat Adams by 2 points. They were one of the better teams that I have seen in the past several years so JUST beating them by 2 points was a blessing for me and my team, not sure what you meant by JUST beating them by 2 points because Jamie has one heck of a team that on any given night can beat anyone that he has his boys playing.
On the flip side we have had some wars with New Harlan over the past 5 years and they are also a very, very good team. We didn't get to play them this year because of scheduling conflicts but I have watched them twice and they are really impressive. I may drive over on Wednesday night to watch this one and I don't have a dog in that fight. I can honestly say that I don't have a clue who will win in this game because they are both great teams but they are completely different in so many ways. New Harlan will just beat you up physically and they are so strong and their running game is their bread and butter. Adams is so athletic and are capable of doing so many things with their passing game and speed so it's really a coin toss in my opinion as to who wins this game.
GOOD JOB PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

Awesome season and your fans are so proud of you.
what was the final?
RichBrooks Wrote:what was the final?

post scores if u know any!!:Thumbs::Thumbs:
OldBobcat Wrote:If they enjoy this type of football so much what happened to them at bell co and knox?? I know knox and bell are strong teams but to be included in talk of winning state titles and being dominant you have to be able to compete with teams like this. Knox beat them 40-0 and i heard bell beat them pretty good as well. Seen them play earlier in the year and new harlan looked pretty good.....have they had some injuries or lost some players?? Just wondering.......again to talk of winning state titles you have a hard road ahead of you. Outside of a few first round games every team you face is going to be able to step up and play smashmouth football and be good at it. Anyone know what happened at these games??

bobcat why do you dislike new harlan so much .was your son an 8th grader last year and never got to beat new harlan? and knox over the last 3 years is 1-6 so we can hold our own .as far as what happened idk prolly bad refs.you know kin folk...lol Confusedhh: