Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (8)Auburn 37 Kentucky 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final!
First off I want to say that I am very proud of the Wildcats for playing such a tough, hard fought, close game where most didn't even expect this one to be close! They started off the game great with probably the best single drive of the season and then went dead from there until the end of the 2nd Quarter. Then I don't know what Steve Brown said to his defense but the 2nd Half was a completely different game limiting the Tigers to just 3 points in 29:58! It looked as if Randall Cobb was going to carry the team to victory with all the momentum going UK's way and then there was the very questionable Fumble Recovery call that IMO should have been overturned in UK's favor but that ultimately decided the game!!

Good Game Cats!!
Mike Hartline was 23/28 with 221 passing yards and 1 passing TD.

Randall Cobb was 1/1 with 6 passing yards and 1 passing TD, 48 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs, and 6 receptions with 65 rec yards for a 10.8 per catch average and had a Rec TD!! Cobb had 205 all purpose yards! So as I stated previously Cobb was the difference in this game offensively with Hartline having a great game as well!!
Then I don't know what Steve Brown said to his defense but the 2nd Half was a completely different game , wonder if all the fire him stills stands,lol
Where has that team that I saw in the 2nd half been all season? The offense looked good and the defense held their own. Cam Newton was just too much on the ground tonight, but we slowed him down in the 2nd half after he had a monster 1st half with 4 rushing touchdowns. Randall Cobb proved once again that he's our best player and Hartline proved that he is our best quarterback.

Tough loss, but this is something we can possibly build on, although it isn't going to be easy as we host South Carolina next week, who just knocked off #1 Alabama today.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Where has that team that I saw in the 2nd half been all season? The offense looked good and the defense held their own. Cam Newton was just too much on the ground tonight, but we slowed him down in the 2nd half after he had a monster 1st half with 4 rushing touchdowns. Randall Cobb proved once again that he's our best player and Hartline proved that he is our best quarterback.

Tough loss, but this is something we can possibly build on, although it isn't going to be easy as we host South Carolina next week, who just knocked off #1 Alabama today.

I think this is a very good thing because IMO, Auburn is better than South Carolina!
Yeah fire him. Just kidding.

UK's defense is horrible and cost them this game.

Blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz. Newton is much less effective running or throwing when forced to make a quick decision.

The last drive was too concervative for the UK defense. I would have brought the house and made a big play one way or another. The only chance this defense has is to take some gambles.
I loved the way we played the 2nd half. If we play like this next week we will knock SC off after their impressive win. I'd love to see us get a our first victory over the ol ball coach next week. I'm proud of the way,we have battled the last two games after we fell behind if we can get 2 halfs together, we'll be alright.
cuppett777 Wrote:Then I don't know what Steve Brown said to his defense but the 2nd Half was a completely different game , wonder if all the fire him stills stands,lol

I think we may have spoken too soon! or maybe at halftime Steve Brown got on BGR and checked the game updates and decided he didn't want to get fired lol
MVP2 Wrote:I loved the way we played the 2nd half. I'd love to s If we play like this next week we will knock SC off after their impressive win.ee us get a our first victory over the ol ball coach next week. I'm proud of the way,we have battled the last two games after we fell behind if we can get 2 halfs together, we'll be alright.

Thats basically what I was saying in reference to BlackcatAlum's post
A lot of people thought it would been a blowout, and thought Auburn would cover that -7 spread easy. Good thing Navajo4life didnt bet that mortgage on it because he would have been living out of a box tonight Big Grin.
Randall Cobb is the most underated player in the nation, no one really ever talks about him. Look at the numbers he put up against the #8 team in the nation, 6 yard pass for a TD, 12 carries for 48 yards and 2 TDs, and 6 recs 65 yards and a TD.
leecoukfan Wrote:Mike Hartline was 23/28 with 221 passing yards and 1 passing TD.

Randall Cobb was 1/1 with 6 passing yards and 1 passing TD, 48 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs, and 6 receptions with 65 rec yards for a 10.8 per catch average and had a Rec TD!! Cobb had 205 all purpose yards! So as I stated previously Cobb was the difference in this game offensively with Hartline having a great game as well!!

MVP2 Wrote:Randall Cobb is the most underated player in the nation, no one really ever talks about him. Look at the numbers he put up against the #8 team in the nation, 6 yard pass for a TD, 12 carries for 48 yards and 2 TDs, and 6 recs 65 yards and a TD.

Look at the bold above your comment, already had it but thanks for reinforcing his great performance tonight!
leecoukfan Wrote:Look at the bold above your comment, already had it but thanks for reinforcing his great performance tonight!

My Bad Bro, didnt see your post.
Told you guys lol. As for South Carolina if we can stop lattimore we win the game
FBALL Wrote:Yeah fire him. Just kidding.

UK's defense is horrible and cost them this game.

Blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz. Newton is much less effective running or throwing when forced to make a quick decision.

The last drive was too concervative for the UK defense. I would have brought the house and made a big play one way or another. The only chance this defense has is to take some gambles.

:Thumbs:
cuppett777 Wrote:Then I don't know what Steve Brown said to his defense but the 2nd Half was a completely different game , wonder if all the fire him stills stands,lol

Yes you still Fire him. Cam Newton threw for over 200 yards and rushed for just under 200 yards. We didn't get pressure on him all night with the exception of 3-4 plays which he showed he couldn't make good quick decisions. And for the life of my I don't understand why we didn't have someone spy him. Offensively I was very impressed. My only complaint would be that we were still to conservative on third downs, not throwing the ball past the first down marker. And it just baffled me that we were aggressive enough to not settle for the field goal on 4th down towards the end of the game, but once we get the 1st we go back conservative and didn't take 1 shot at the endzone. I believe if we go for the score here that might have been the difference maker because a field goal doesn't win for auburn.
Sad
It was a fun game to be at. Sucked UK lost but when the teams combine for 71 points, you can't ask much more as a fan. I still think we recovered that fumble.
leecoukfan Wrote:I think this is a very good thing because IMO, Auburn is better than South Carolina!

Auburn may have beaten SC, but if Garcia wouldn't have been injured SC would have won that game. IMO SC is better and I don't believe were going to beat them next week. It would be nice, but not likely. We'd have to play another 2nd half like tonight for a full 60 minutes.
I know only wins and losses count in the records but a heck of an effort by UK. They did better than I expected. A tremendous game for Cobb. Hopefully this can propel them to know they can play with all the teams left on their schedule and we win 3 or 4 of them.
I said before the season started that UK would have a record of 3-4 after the USC game. BUT they will end up with 6 or 7 wins. I actually had them going 3-5 after the UGA game.

However, I think the Cats win against 3 of their last 4 opponents.
Steve Brown should still be fired. One game doesn't change my mind on that.

Also, Mike Hartline isn't the best quarterback on the team in my opinion. I still hate him, I hate how he plays, how he can't throw it deep for ****, and his attitude. Sorry for those of you that will get butthurt about that statement, but it's the truth.

God I wish we had won this game. I think if we would have gotten the ball back with at least 1:00 on the clock we would have had the momentum to win it or send it to OT and win it there.

Heartbreaker...
Hartline played very well yesterday. He made solid decsisions, and I will will have to disagree with Vundy, he is the best QB on this team. We just don't have a single QB that is a great QB. We have athletes playing QB, we just don't have a legitimate QB and Hartline certainly comes the closest to fitting that role.
Stardust Wrote:Hartline played very well yesterday. He made solid decsisions, and I will will have to disagree with Vundy, he is the best QB on this team. We just don't have a single QB that is a great QB. We have athletes playing QB, we just don't have a legitimate QB and Hartline certainly comes the closest to fitting that role.

I agree 100%.
Stardust Wrote:Hartline played very well yesterday. He made solid decsisions, and I will will have to disagree with Vundy, he is the best QB on this team. We just don't have a single QB that is a great QB. We have athletes playing QB, we just don't have a legitimate QB and Hartline certainly comes the closest to fitting that role.

Cobb is the best QB on the team. But we need him doing a little bit of everything instead.
Aslan Wrote:Cobb is the best QB on the team. But we need him doing a little bit of everything instead.

Cobb is a great athlete, but I completely disagree that he is a great Quarterback!
Stardust Wrote:Cobb is a great athlete, but I completely disagree that he is a great Quarterback!

Since when has Hartline been a great Qb? Cobb is solid college Qb, which happens to be a great athlete. Let's face it, Hartline is constantly throwing short and Cobb makes something out of nothing. Cobb makes Hartline look better than he actually is.
Aslan Wrote:Since when has Hartline been a great Qb? Cobb is solid college Qb, which happens to be a great athlete. Let's face it, Hartline is constantly throwing short and Cobb makes something out of nothing. Cobb makes Hartline look better than he actually is.

Never, but he is the BEST QB this team has! LOL, if Cobb was the best QB, then the coaches must be too stupid to see it! Cobb is not intelligent enough to even remember the plays, thats why he is NOT the QB. As I said, he is an athlete playing QB. But Hartline is a true QB. I never said Hartline was a good QB, just the best this team has.
Stardust Wrote:Never, but he is the BEST QB this team has! LOL, if Cobb was the best QB, then the coaches must be too stupid to see it! Cobb is not intelligent enough to even remember the plays, thats why he is NOT the QB. As I said, he is an athlete playing QB. But Hartline is a true QB. I never said Hartline was a good QB, just the best this team has.

Ouch!
I will respectfully disagree. I believe Cobb gives us the best chance to win.
Pages: 1 2 3