Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #17 Michigan State 34 - #18 Michigan 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did that kill Denard Robinson's heisman hopes
Stardust Wrote:Did that kill Denard Robinson's heisman hopes

I dunno, he still had 301 all purpose yards and 2 TDs!
I wasn't expecting this at all! I really expected the Wolverines to win this one at home! I guess Denard Robinson can't always be a one-man team!

Why would it?:zzz:

I hope so. I love when Michigan gets beat.TongueirateSho
I actually had Michigan St in my pick em. I was really impressed with them after they beat Wisconsin on the road. I'd love to see the Spartans win the B10.
leecoukfan Wrote:I wasn't expecting this at all! I really expected the Wolverines to win this one at home! I guess Denard Robinson can't always be a one-man team!

Amen! One player can beat 11 on some occasions. But not always.
Denard finally played a team that could play some defense and he struggled with 3 turnovers.

If it were Mike Hartline with these stats and 3 turnovers, UK fans would be calling for his head.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Denard finally played a team that could play some defense and he struggled with 3 turnovers.

If it were Mike Hartline with these stats and 3 turnovers, UK fans would be calling for his head.

Well Robinson did have 2 TD's and almost 300 yards of total offense. Hartline's receivers, particular Cobb, make him look much better than he actually is. Hartline consistently throws short and hopes Cobb makes a play for him. Robinson basically has to do everything himself for that team to win. It's all on his shoulders.
Aslan Wrote:Well Robinson did have 2 TD's and almost 300 yards of total offense. Hartline's receivers, particular Cobb, make him look much better than he actually is. Hartline consistently throws short and hopes Cobb makes a play for him. Robinson basically has to do everything himself for that team to win. It's all on his shoulders.

Those short passes cannot be put on Hartline. Heck, he hit Cobb between the numbers a few times in the past two games and Cobb drops them. But our play-calling is just so conservative on 3rd down that it makes Hartline out to be the bad guy. He's threaded the needle this season and has improved A LOT since last season and the year before. He's also one of the most efficient QB's in the SEC.

The man has deserved his starting position this season and rightfully so.
Westside Wrote:I hope so. I love when Michigan gets beat.TongueirateSho

Westy, I thought you would be a big fan of Fraud since he bolted WVU for Meatchicken. Most of you Moo Tech fans are of that opinion.:moon:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Denard finally played a team that could play some defense and he struggled with 3 turnovers.

BlackcatAlum Wrote:Those short passes cannot be put on Hartline. Heck, he hit Cobb between the numbers a few times in the past two games and Cobb drops them. But our play-calling is just so conservative on 3rd down that it makes Hartline out to be the bad guy. He's threaded the needle this season and has improved A LOT since last season and the year before. He's also one of the most efficient QB's in the SEC.

Totally agree 100% At the beginning of the year, I was saying put Newton in there. But as this season progresses. Hartline make me eat my words. And now I have become a Hartline backer.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Those short passes cannot be put on Hartline. Heck, he hit Cobb between the numbers a few times in the past two games and Cobb drops them. But our play-calling is just so conservative on 3rd down that it makes Hartline out to be the bad guy. He's threaded the needle this season and has improved A LOT since last season and the year before. He's also one of the most efficient QB's in the SEC.

On the third downs, he has deeper options but he always hits the short one, well short of the 1st down marker.
Hartline is the best pure QB on the team, but he does not give us the best chance to win.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Westy, I thought you would be a big fan of Fraud since he bolted WVU for Meatchicken. Most of you Moo Tech fans are of that opinion.:moon:

What he did to WVU was just plain wrong, and to let you in on a little secret, I actually love the state of WV and like WVU football. I just like Marshall more. So, unless WVU is playing EKU, MU, or maybe UK, I'll root for WVU. Besides, my brother loves Michigan and flies up to Ann Arbor to see them play occasionally. So, I have to like Ohio State and hate Michigan.
I am not surprised to see MSU win this so handily. In both teams games against Notre Dame, the Spartans certainly was the better team. Notre Dame played very well against MSU and came out with the victory. Notre dame was horrendous against Michigan.