Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central (8th) 40 - Leslie County 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!! JCMS (8-0)
Congrats JCMS!
I'm telling all of you that haven't had the chance to watch this Johnson Central team play this year your in for a surprise when you get the opportunity see them. I hope that nobody overlooks them because I think they are going to make a strong run at the state championship this year. They are big, strong, fast and super athletic at every position and can either run the ball down your throat or take to the air with their QB and great receivers. This is definitely one Eddie's best teams that I have the opportunity to coach against. I think he has done an outstanding job coaching this group of young men and I know he will represent the Big Sandy with pride. Good Luck from over in Letcher County.
JCMS gets a bye to the second round where they will face the winner of Knox/Bell on 10/20.
I think its an injustice that Knox, Bell and Johnson are all in the same bracket. Two of these teams should be in the championship together.
I agree, those three teams should have been split up a little better, there are flaws in the state playoffs but I guess they have to do the best that they can when they are considering traveling times for the teams.

I'm tell you all that I have a pretty good team that is currently 10-1 in Letcher County and we have won some big games but Johnson Central absolutely ripped us 40-6 and they are just that good. They are going to give any team they have to play fits because of match-ups all over the field, you can't sale out to stop the run because they are really comfortable throwing the ball and you can't sale out on the pass because they are probably better at running the ball and the defense is so fast and strong and almost fundamentally perfect. Where will the game be between Johnson Central and the winner of Bell/Knox????? That could determine a whole lot, you know home field advantage is good for 2 TD's for any of these three teams.
Coach Howard Wrote:I agree, those three teams should have been split up a little better, there are flaws in the state playoffs but I guess they have to do the best that they can when they are considering traveling times for the teams.

I'm tell you all that I have a pretty good team that is currently 10-1 in Letcher County and we have won some big games but Johnson Central absolutely ripped us 40-6 and they are just that good. They are going to give any team they have to play fits because of match-ups all over the field, you can't sale out to stop the run because they are really comfortable throwing the ball and you can't sale out on the pass because they are probably better at running the ball and the defense is so fast and strong and almost fundamentally perfect. Where will the game be between Johnson Central and the winner of Bell/Knox????? That could determine a whole lot, you know home field advantage is good for 2 TD's for any of these three teams.
That game will be at Johnson County.
Where will this game be played?
when is the game
The name on the bus was good for their 1st 26 points... A few of Our players has stars in their eyes.. We had a descent offensive series where we drove the ball down and scored before halftime and made it 26-8.. But a few of our guys just weren't mentally there for this one.. I did have a few guys who played their hearts out, and I don't care to call their names because they at least tried to lead by example.. #58 Michael Smith had an outstanding game and played hard until the final whistle.. Also,#5 Chris Wilson really came out and played his guts out... We can now use this as a learning tool and take it to New Harlan next Sat. in the first round of the KYMSFA D2 Playoffs..

A note about eddies kids and staff.. All class... I went over and talked to Coach Blair and every player I walked past wanted to shake my hand (this was after the traditional handshake after the game) They all told me what great sportsmanship my players had.. Those young men have learned the right way, and coach Blair and his staff have really done it right... Coach Matney is a very lucky man having this coach and his staff running his feeder program...