Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro vs. Williamsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like it comes down to these two teams... Who will be crowned the 2010 Mountain Middle School Athletic Conference champs? Its gonna be a dog fight. I think its going to be too hard to beat Middlesboro twice. Middlesboro comes out on top by 12.
Middlesboro will be ready this time. Williamsburg will be lucky to score.
Where will this game be played?

I know that Middlesboro likes to run the ball...what does Williamsburg do?
PhatBoy Wrote:Where will this game be played?

I know that Middlesboro likes to run the ball...what does Williamsburg do?

They are a balanced team. They have the weapons to run or pass. I think this will be a good game.
Good Luck to Middlesboro and bring home the crown!!!!
Where will this be played at?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Where will this be played at?

Harlan!!!
When?
PhatBoy Wrote:When?

Saturday.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Where will this be played at?
This game will be played at Harlan on Saturday. I think last we were told, the game will kickoff at noon. Times have been changed a couple of times so it may be moved again, but as of now it will be a noon kickoff.
Go get em Yellow Jackets!!! Good Luck to Edwards, Uhl, and Frazier!!!!
Why play this game? I mean, Williamsburg has nothing to win but a game they already won. Middlesboro will try to hurt as many as they can, because that is how they are coached. I blame the coaches when they had #13 hit from behind in the first game. The game was over, so why the cheat, cheap, illegal shot. COACHING!
I was at the last game these teams played also and while I won't go as far as to say the hit on #13 was intentional, I will say it was unnecessary. After watching the film back several times, it is clear that the ball was 20 yards down field and the Williamsburg player was watching the play and was blindsided for no reason as he was not involved in the play at all. A little reported fact is the only reason Williamsburg became a running team that game was an injury to their center on the first series of the game. The backup center could not get the ball to the QB so they had no choice. They will see the real Williamsburg team this time.
voljacketfan Wrote:Why play this game? I mean, Williamsburg has nothing to win but a game they already won. Middlesboro will try to hurt as many as they can, because that is how they are coached. I blame the coaches when they had #13 hit from behind in the first game. The game was over, so why the cheat, cheap, illegal shot. COACHING!
just do like bell and cancel or ask the opposing team to reschedule due to whatever.
big blu 2 u Wrote:just do like bell and cancel or ask the opposing team to reschedule due to whatever.

If it would keep the cheap shot and cheating from happening, then cancel is the answer. BUT Middlesboro needs this game....since it is there last of the season.
Oh come on, are you really saying that the coaches told a player to intentionally take out #13 in the final seconds of the first game of the season? I can say that Middlesboro's players are not "coached" to hurt other players and that I also have a copy of the tape and it did not appear intentional in any way, nor was it a cheap shot. Football is a contact sport, so every game that a player is in, they can be hurt. The coaching comments about Middlesboro are absurd and obviously ridiculous. I suggest Williamsburg be ready tommorrow because Middlesboro's got a reason to play this game.......Conference Championship Title!!!:1:
Is the game time for today still at Noon?
mrboro Wrote:Oh come on, are you really saying that the coaches told a player to intentionally take out #13 in the final seconds of the first game of the season? I can say that Middlesboro's players are not "coached" to hurt other players and that I also have a copy of the tape and it did not appear intentional in any way, nor was it a cheap shot. Football is a contact sport, so every game that a player is in, they can be hurt. The coaching comments about Middlesboro are absurd and obviously ridiculous. I suggest Williamsburg be ready tommorrow because Middlesboro's got a reason to play this game.......Conference Championship Title!!!:1:

Is your game edited? How could a dive at the knees 20 yards from the ball that was down field not a cheap and illegal shot? I guess it is ok to teach such poor sportsmanship in Middlesboro. Yes your coaches told them to do it....I do not think a young player would think to do it, at least our would not. Is this the reason that they did not pay their fee to go to state playoff's? I hope no one get hurt today, on both teams. If that is what it takes to win, I would take a loss. You?:Cheerlead
Been fun reading about both of these teams by the posters. Good luck to both.
voljacketfan Wrote:Is your game edited? How could a dive at the knees 20 yards from the ball that was down field not a cheap and illegal shot? I guess it is ok to teach such poor sportsmanship in Middlesboro. Yes your coaches told them to do it....I do not think a young player would think to do it, at least our would not. Is this the reason that they did not pay their fee to go to state playoff's? I hope no one get hurt today, on both teams. If that is what it takes to win, I would take a loss. You?:Cheerlead
1. The injury you refer to happened in the last few seconds of the game, if Middlesboro was coached to hurt the other team they would have never made it to the end of an entire game against Middlesboro.

2. Best i can see, Middlesboro is now 9-1, is Williamsburg's record better? I recall they got beat by Corbin.

3. FYI, Middlesboro has never participated in the state playoffs since the time it began a few years ago and are currently 3 year consecutive conference title champs. The coach allows the kids to decide if they want to participate and this week coming up is their fall break and many were going out of town.

So there u have it, as for the tape, opinions are like ********, we all have one. The kids on both teams have rightfully earned the opportunity to play for the title and to say Middlesboro got there by cheap shots, cheating or otherwise......that sounds unsportsmanlike to me.
If you are referring to my post about the tape, you should note that I only said it was unnecessary not intentional. I do not believe the hit was meant to hurt the other player. It was just well after the interception and the ball was at least 20 yards down field. Neither player was involved in the play and there was no need to block at that point. I believe I heard the Middlesboro coach telling his players that was uncalled for and I respect him for that. I hope for a good clean game today and may the better team win.
Any news on this game?
CatMomma Wrote:Any news on this game?

Come on peeps. Somebody out there has to know something or know someone who knows something abut this game. It's ok, you can say it. Everyone nows they are both very good teams.:please:
knighted Wrote:Come on peeps. Somebody out there has to know something or know someone who knows something abut this game. It's ok, you can say it. Everyone nows they are both very good teams.:please:
New Jacket, sorry, previous post not directed toward you.

Well folks, it was a blowout! Williamsburg took Middlesboro out early! Final score 44-16. Looks like Middlesboro left their players on the bus and brought their youth league! The worst play I've seen from Middlesboro all season, they just had no heart today! Kudos to the Williamsburg team for bringing their A game, wish Middlesboro would have done the same. This game was sad to watch! Good luck to all teams headed to state, looks like ours boys r done.
shouldnt have played daddy ball all season long., looks like they should have played as a team instead of a few beloved ones., u know who u are, ....... maybe it will give the coaches something to think about,. next season. daddy ball should be out and play as a team.
mrboro Wrote:New Jacket, sorry, previous post not directed toward you.

Well folks, it was a blowout! Williamsburg took Middlesboro out early! Final score 44-16. Looks like Middlesboro left their players on the bus and brought their youth league! The worst play I've seen from Middlesboro all season, they just had no heart today! Kudos to the Williamsburg team for bringing their A game, wish Middlesboro would have done the same. This game was sad to watch! Good luck to all teams headed to state, looks like ours boys r done.

Reguardless Middlesboro has nothing to be ashamed about. They had a great season. Heck you even beat your county rival. So long til next year.
mrboro Wrote:1. The injury you refer to happened in the last few seconds of the game, if Middlesboro was coached to hurt the other team they would have never made it to the end of an entire game against Middlesboro.

2. Best i can see, Middlesboro is now 9-1, is Williamsburg's record better? I recall they got beat by Corbin.

3. FYI, Middlesboro has never participated in the state playoffs since the time it began a few years ago and are currently 3 year consecutive conference title champs. The coach allows the kids to decide if they want to participate and this week coming up is their fall break and many were going out of town.

So there u have it, as for the tape, opinions are like ********, we all have one. The kids on both teams have rightfully earned the opportunity to play for the title and to say Middlesboro got there by cheap shots, cheating or otherwise......that sounds unsportsmanlike to me.

Good game....I heard the REF's were doubtful at first, but they could not stop Williamsburg's STELLAR talent. I hope you get a tape of it. To the Middlesboro players..You are a class above your fans. Good luck next year.:1::1:
they need to play more then just a certain few and they no who they are. they are alot of good and young talent on m-boro team. well they aint a team like i said its daddy ball only the click plays the game,. maybe this will give the coaches something to think about next season. play the rest of the team.
knighted Wrote:Reguardless Middlesboro has nothing to be ashamed about. They had a great season. Heck you even beat your county rival. So long til next year.
Thanks Knighted, I agree, the kids have no shame in a 9-1 or now 9-2 season. They played some great ball this year and in no way showcased the talent and level of play that they are capable of in today's game. I think the season record reflects the true ability of the team this year, we played some tough teams. And I will say that the victory over Bell Co. was worth a whole season of losses to these kids! Bell always has a great team and it is a great opportunity to play them. We will see u next year, and hopefully the kids will choose to have another winning season, gotta a lot of heart for the game in these younger kids...and well u never know, we may even join in on the state games!
HPH85 Wrote:they need to play more then just a certain few and they no who they are. they are alot of good and young talent on m-boro team. well they aint a team like i said its daddy ball only the click plays the game,. maybe this will give the coaches something to think about next season. play the rest of the team.
I assume u r directing this to the fact that the QB is the coaches son...well, I think this player did a fine job this year in his position. That being said, there aren't many left to play next year, as most of them will be moving on to the high school. So these younger players will have their chance next year to play their hearts out. I think each of these players earn their positions in practice each year before the season begins and it is obvious that the starters earned their spots. I will say that in today's game, the second team played with more heart than the first and it showed some dignity playing those kids the whole 4th qtr of the game when they were not going to recover the loss. This is NOT the youth league, the coaches decide who is the best player, not the parents.
Pages: 1 2