Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Kanter participate at Big Blue Madness?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope to see him there.
I hope they make a decision before Big Blue Madness!
I don't see why not.
There's no way they can get in trouble for it.
^ Why not?
He can be introduced, but cant scrimmage.
I hope so, and I also hope I get tickets to go see them in action!
The NCAA is being a jerks for not getting this done before the first practice.
you'll see him but not playn....i think the reason it is taking so long is because they're checking to see if the turkish folks are legit or full of crap.
cougarpride08 Wrote:The NCAA is being a jerks for not getting this done before the first practice.

As I have said, the NCAA gets a 100 inquiries a day. Why should this have taken precedence over every single other case? If this was as simple as yes he did or no he didn't, but other than that, face it this is on the schedule that it is supposed to be on. We are hearing of rulings coming out every single day, from 100's of NCAA sanctioned sports, that have taken months, even years to fully investigate. I love how this has became the only case that the NCAA is even looking at!
beasy_bo Wrote:you'll see him but not playn....i think the reason it is taking so long is because they're checking to see if the turkish folks are legit or full of crap.

Agreed! With the parties being overseas, you can expect that this will run a long course before it is over.
I hope to see Big E there!
As of now he is not allowed.
Stardust Wrote:As I have said, the NCAA gets a 100 inquiries a day. Why should this have taken precedence over every single other case? If this was as simple as yes he did or no he didn't, but other than that, face it this is on the schedule that it is supposed to be on. We are hearing of rulings coming out every single day, from 100's of NCAA sanctioned sports, that have taken months, even years to fully investigate. I love how this has became the only case that the NCAA is even looking at!
Because this is a ground breaking decision that will have implications for future international players. This isn't a simple eligibility issue.
He would already be eligible if he were going to duke!!!
Amun-Ra Wrote:Because this is a ground breaking decision that will have implications for future international players. This isn't a simple eligibility issue.

EXACTLY - and would you think ground-breaking decisions take time? You actually answered the question better than I did. NCAA is not going to shut itself down just because of this, but if they are going to make a groundbreaking decision, then they MUST identify ALL facts. If they screw this up, it has an impact forever for any other international students. In order to build a case study, you must have a case. Thus, the time it takes to take something to trial is not a week or a month, and sometimes not even a year!
zaga_fan Wrote:He would already be eligible if he were going to duke!!!

dUKE would not have wanted to deal with this mess.
Stardust Wrote:dUKE would not have wanted to deal with this mess.

Well at first it didn't seem like a big mess at first...
but this one has blown up considerably when they said he got paid.

Tell me this though....
is it seriously something UK could get in trouble for to have Kanter scrimmage with UK against UK?
Where he is participating in a practice, I believe UK could get in trouble if he is indeed marked ineligible. I wouldn't think the consequences would be that great.. But I think UK and Cal are going about it the right way.

Nevertheless, we now have Vargas and he will help fill the big man's shoes until we get word from NCAA that Big E is a free man.
Ballers Wrote:Where he is participating in a practice, I believe UK could get in trouble if he is indeed marked ineligible. I wouldn't think the consequences would be that great.. But I think UK and Cal are going about it the right way.

Nevertheless, we now have Vargas and he will help fill the big man's shoes until we get word from NCAA that Big E is a free man.

I wish Kanter all the luck in the world, and I hope he gets to play.
I don't believe it is a matter of WHEN he will get to play at this point though.
I think it is IF he gets to play.
It's just taking too long.
zaga_fan Wrote:I wish Kanter all the luck in the world, and I hope he gets to play.
I don't believe it is a matter of WHEN he will get to play at this point though.
I think it is IF he gets to play.
It's just taking too long.

Agreed.
The Turkish ppl better hope they got stuff to bring him down..
At this moment I say he's good to go..
Unless of course the NCAA find something deep within the nest..
Kanter cannot participate because BBM is considered a practice and the NCAA has stated that Enes cannot practice with the team again until the ruling is decided.

However, the school can and more than likely is trying to get another waiver that will grant Enes with another specific amount of practices until he is cut off again. If they get the waiver for BBM then he can participate!

Which would be amazing because this is the first time that I will be attending BBM and I am PUMPED!
He will probably be introduced, but not allowed to practice. C.M. Newton which used to be A.D. at UK and the NCAA Chairman said that he sees Kanter being eligible for the season, but would probably have to sit out 8-10 games. There was a discussion on ESPN the other day about this situation and the NCAA wants athletes to come here to play, and if they mess this Kanter situation up, that would seriously damage those possibilities.