Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (10) LSU 16 - Tennessee 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Tennesse had the Win but had too many players on the field
^ they called that but not the LSU players throwing there helmets and stuff on the field? Isnt that a penalty?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ they called that but not the LSU players throwing there helmets and stuff on the field? Isnt that a penalty?

i believe so isn't it?
Man, a tough lost for Coach Dooley and the Vols. I was pulling for TN in this one.
Never seen a finish like that.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ they called that but not the LSU players throwing there helmets and stuff on the field? Isnt that a penalty?

Even if they called a celebration AND a helmet penalty. LSU would still have had one more play because of the 13 men on the field.

If so, Bama would not have won the SEC title last year

If it's a penalty, they are very inconsistent in calling it
This hurt me deep.lol
That was a tough one.. The substitution error was inexcusable, but those things happen when you're dealing with a young and inexperienced team, playing on the road for the first time this season. I thought UT showed some overall improvement as a team and that should be the goal, when you're in total rebuilding mode. Time to move on and get ready for Georgia.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:That was a tough one.. The substitution error was inexcusable, but those things happen when you're dealing with a young and inexperienced team, playing on the road for the first time this season. I thought UT showed some overall improvement as a team and that should be the goal, when you're in total rebuilding mode. Time to move on and get ready for Georgia.
I have to admit, that as much as I hate Tennessee, I absolutely love Derek Dooley. I think he will turn it around in Knoxville before its all said and done, IF they give him a fighting chance. Lane really damaged that program (and it was fun seeing that little punk get beat last night too), and Vols fans will have to be patient. With all of that said, I think they will beat Georgia. Even in a rebuilding year, Tennessee could grab the 3rd spot in the SEC East if they can get by the Bulldogs, which is a very winnable game. And Vols fans should be happy with a 3rd place finish in the East..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I have to admit, that as much as I hate Tennessee, I absolutely love Derek Dooley. I think he will turn it around in Knoxville before its all said and done, IF they give him a fighting chance. Lane really damaged that program (and it was fun seeing that little punk get beat last night too), and Vols fans will have to be patient. With all of that said, I think they will beat Georgia. Even in a rebuilding year, Tennessee could grab the 3rd spot in the SEC East if they can get by the Bulldogs, which is a very winnable game. And Vols fans should be happy with a 3rd place finish in the East..

I agree.. It's nice to have a coach, who is very energetic and has a lot of emotion, but still does that with class. The emotion was back last season, but the class was nowhere to be seen. If given adequate time, I think Dooley will do some great things at UT. The Georgia game is very winnable, if the team can get past the tough loss against LSU. I would definitely be happy seeing UT finish 3rd in the East, given their lack of experience and number of scholarship players. It's obviously going to be a tough season, but I'm willing to be patient and give these guys time to turn things around.