Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 8th 40 Verity 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lexington Catholic gave up a 65 yd run to Verity's #44 on the first or second play of Verity's first possession of the game and then held Verity scoreless the remainder of the game. As far as Catholic's offense did.... Reese Ryan threw 3 TD passes to Sam Letton (41, 27,and 39) finishing with a 14-20 on completions for 193 yds and Jaylen Jones and Logan Banks ran for TDs as Catholic rushed for 97 yds. We scored early in the 4th quarter to make it 40-8 so the clock ran continuously for the entire 4th quarter.
Lex Cath improved their record to 8-0 for the 8th grade.
Wow! I thought Ashland was going to come into that game ****ry for a win. I wonder if any of their starters were injuried prior the LCath game..... Congrats to you guys
Verity did take quite a loss today at Lex Cath. I must say that the facilities are top notch and it might have been the first opportunity our guys had to play on artificial turf. Unfortunately, Lex Cath 8th grade coaches weren't nearly as classy as their field. It was apparent in the 4th when we were down 40-8 that LC was going to get their undefeated season and yet the coaches continued to have a hurry-up offense and kept passing the ball all over the field. They were rushing to get as many plays in as possible to try and score yet again. One word-Classless. What ever happened to sportsmanship and taking a knee? Our boys deserved better than that. Maybe a team in the state play-offs can return the favor to LC and teach them some respect for the game and their opponents.
Gatti-Ward Wrote:Verity did take quite a loss today at Lex Cath. I must say that the facilities are top notch and it might have been the first opportunity our guys had to play on artificial turf. Unfortunately, Lex Cath 8th grade coaches weren't nearly as classy as their field. It was apparent in the 4th when we were down 40-8 that LC was going to get their undefeated season and yet the coaches continued to have a hurry-up offense and kept passing the ball all over the field. They were rushing to get as many plays in as possible to try and score yet again. One word-Classless. What ever happened to sportsmanship and taking a knee? Our boys deserved better than that. Maybe a team in the state play-offs can return the favor to LC and teach them some respect for the game and their opponents.

To begin with if the Lex Cath coaches wanted to try and score in the 4th quarter they would of used one or two of their timeouts to stop the clock. What they were doing was practicing their hurry up offense, something that we have barely used this year and it is something we need to work on very much before the playoffs. I'm not a coach but my son told me himself that Coach Rose told them to practice catching the quick outs and step out of bounds. Even tho the clock was continuously running he wanted them to get the feel of stopping the clock in a game type situation. He also told them not to score no matter how easy it might be cause he didn't want us:flush: to look bad. To be honest with you after tht crap you guys pulled on us today( when you pulled into the parking lot without your 8th grade team, who was scheduled to play at 1:30 and instead you decided you would make us play our 7th grade team first which means our 7th graders who have to start 8th grade games because we only have seven 8th graders altogether, wouldn't get to play both games. You are not the first team to pull that crap but you are the first team who was the visiting team that made us choose which game ( 7th or 8th) that we play first. So if you got your feelings hurt because we ran a few hurry up 5 and 10 yd out passes then I'll give you two quarters so you can call somebody twice that cares.
I think the biggest shame that I read was the 8th grade team showing up late on purpose.They should have rode down at the same time so they could have played at 1pm.

As far as running up the score, I know that their coaches challenge their players in games and practices. The coach electing to not use the timeouts lets me know that they were not trying to run up the score. If he is asking the kids to run pass plays towards the sideline to prepare for the playoffs, how can we be upset with them? This is the only complaint I've heard about LCath and their offense, so I question how creditable this claim is.....
First of all our schedule that our AD gave us had the 7th scheduled for 2:00 (not 1:30) and the 8th for 3:30. I can fax you my copy to any number you would like to provide. Any excuse that you want to give for the classless way you played ball today is just that-an excuse. It just goes to show that money does not buy you class. Just like your coaches screaming across the field for his player to "take his head off" about one of our boys. Congratulations to your boys on the win and you do have a talented team despite your coaching.
Gatti-Ward Wrote:First of all our schedule that our AD gave us had the 7th scheduled for 2:00 (not 1:30) and the 8th for 3:30. I can fax you my copy to any number you would like to provide. Any excuse that you want to give for the classless way you played ball today is just that-an excuse. It just goes to show that money does not buy you class. Just like your coaches screaming across the field for his player to "take his head off" about one of our boys. Congratulations to your boys on the win and you do have a talented team despite your coaching.

Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya, that what you sound like. I guess you are not ready for the big show. You know what I'm talking about. Us class-less, shameful, run hurry up offenses against teams..etc.......Like I said" if Lex Cath wanted to run up the score they would of called time out to stop the running clock." But that just zoomed right over your head didn't it?:goofy::goofy: Do you people realize when a 4A or 5A school like Ashland beats down on a 1A school like Raceland or Fairview and you celebrate like you just won the Super Bowl that it is a testament to having no class? He who has no sin shall cast the first stone? yeah right. I will give you a dollar if you stop whining. BTW how about faxing me that schedule. Ha.

P.S. BM82 is not a Lex Cath follower. just an independent poster.
Or give me your email and I'll scan a copy of to you right now.

I get it alright. You want to accuse us of playing some elaborate trick on you about game times, but you don't want the documentation that proves otherwise. Our 7th and 8th grade teams are totally independent from each other and certainly didn't conspire to pull such a devilish plan.

Maybe I can just copy and paste the schedule straight to this message board for all to see. It's worth a try just to put this stupid notion to rest.
Gatti-Ward Wrote:Or give me your email and I'll scan a copy of to you right now.

I get it alright. You want to accuse us of playing some elaborate trick on you about game times, but you don't want the documentation that proves otherwise. Our 7th and 8th grade teams are totally independent from each other and certainly didn't conspire to pull such a devilish plan.

Maybe I can just copy and paste the schedule straight to this message board for all to see. It's worth a try just to put this stupid notion to rest.

Amen brother. Good idea. Thing is I'm a fool for even debating this with you to begin with. I'm beginning to think Oswald is behind this now. What I trying to tell you is I really don't care if it was a ploy or just stupidity on one or both of our parts. I just know that our head coach said that he contacted whomever in your organization and if it wasn't deliberate then so be it. I just know that we do not run up scores on teams we are thrashing. Thursday night we played Carrol Co. and our starting offense played a total of 7 plays and sat out the remainder of the game because after those 7 plays we were ahead 48-0. @ punt returns 1 kickoff etc... So if it makes you feel better after we beat you 40-8 (and you know we could of run it up more) to call us class-less then go ahead and say it till your fingers bleed. BTW ...No coach from Lex Cath yelled at our kids to tear his head off. That was an angry parent that saw his son get hit in a manner that he did not think was cool. Cheapshot was his exact words but I didn't see it so I can't comment on it. I personally thought the Verity kids were very well mannered and even my son told me that they never talked any smack that he heard.

Anyway you need to save your energy for Lawrence Co. next Tuesday instead of wasting it on a class-less fool like myself.
Here is an attachment of my personal copy of our schedule that I just scanned. If there was a mistake then it was not made by our 8th grade coaching staff. And if it was a miscommunication from our AD then I'm sure it wasn't intentional as we had nothing to gain by doing this. Keep up your good work Coach.
We were told 7th grade would play at 2 and the 8th grade would follow. Lexington catholic website even said games would begin at 2. we arrived right 2 and the 7th grade was almost at half. Someone had decided to shorten quaters. This was a very big dissappointment. We did not drive all that to watch partial games. All The LC coaches and parents where top notch in my opinion. As far as trying to run up the score, do you really think it would have been better for our boys for LC to take aknee the whole 4th quarter, really then why bother playing the 4th quater
tomcat4life Wrote:We were told 7th grade would play at 2 and the 8th grade would follow. Lexington catholic website even said games would begin at 2. we arrived right 2 and the 7th grade was almost at half. Someone had decided to shorten quaters. This was a very big dissappointment. We did not drive all that to watch partial games. All The LC coaches and parents where top notch in my opinion. As far as trying to run up the score, do you really think it would have been better for our boys for LC to take aknee the whole 4th quarter, really then why bother playing the 4th quater

The official KMSFA time for 7th grade is 7 mins. That was what we played yesterday. The game was shortened because of the running clock in the 2nd half but the quarters were still 7 mins. In the state playoffs, and I'm certain that your 7th grade team will do well ( nice team), and unless they have changed it this year, all the 7th grade games will be 7 mins long. Does the NEKC use more mins that that?
I just wanted to say that I do not know much about either one of these programs. I am a man with with two young sons who are 4 and 1 years old. I enjoy the game of football and I log on so I can get a first hand look at the way KY football compares to VA football.

My playing days are over and I am new to the state, but don't you guys have a running clock once the score gets out of hand? To the LCath fans I don't see any problem with playing hard for 4 quarters. And to the Ashland team you guys have all the motivation in the world to kick butt on Tues. Good luck to both programs. I now hope they see each other again in the playoffs!
congradulations Lex Cath on an undefeated season
TOOMEY#4 Wrote:congradulations Lex Cath on an undefeated season

Right back at you . Great job Anderson Co.:worthy:
knighted Wrote:Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya, that what you sound like. I guess you are not ready for the big show. You know what I'm talking about. Us class-less, shameful, run hurry up offenses against teams..etc.......Like I said" if Lex Cath wanted to run up the score they would of called time out to stop the running clock." But that just zoomed right over your head didn't it?:goofy::goofy: Do you people realize when a 4A or 5A school like Ashland beats down on a 1A school like Raceland or Fairview and you celebrate like you just won the Super Bowl that it is a testament to having no class? He who has no sin shall cast the first stone? yeah right. I will give you a dollar if you stop whining. BTW how about faxing me that schedule. Ha.

P.S. BM82 is not a Lex Cath follower. just an independent poster.

Whoa!!....hold on now......They didn't beat Raceland down...They only beat us by a touchdown.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Whoa!!....hold on now......They didn't beat Raceland down...They only beat us by a touchdown.

That's a beat down in my book. lol.....just kidding. I wasn't talking about any one given game. I was talking about in general thru the years. Let's just say that I have history in that area when I was younger.:eyeroll:
Gatti-Ward Wrote:Verity did take quite a loss today at Lex Cath. I must say that the facilities are top notch and it might have been the first opportunity our guys had to play on artificial turf. Unfortunately, Lex Cath 8th grade coaches weren't nearly as classy as their field. It was apparent in the 4th when we were down 40-8 that LC was going to get their undefeated season and yet the coaches continued to have a hurry-up offense and kept passing the ball all over the field. They were rushing to get as many plays in as possible to try and score yet again. One word-Classless. What ever happened to sportsmanship and taking a knee? Our boys deserved better than that. Maybe a team in the state play-offs can return the favor to LC and teach them some respect for the game and their opponents.

It seems Verity has delivered some similar treatment to a few teams, and they never complained about it. I've personally seen Verity teams have someone down by 30+ late and throw deep. It's always under the cover of playing hard whistle to whistle until it happens to them.

I have a lot of respect for Verity as I've seen them many times and they have a solid habit of winning, but my respect gets somewhat diminished when they exchange winning for whining...
eratia Wrote:It seems Verity has delivered some similar treatment to a few teams, and they never complained about it. I've personally seen Verity teams have someone down by 30+ late and throw deep. It's always under the cover of playing hard whistle to whistle until it happens to them.

I have a lot of respect for Verity as I've seen them many times and they have a solid habit of winning, but my respect gets somewhat diminished when they exchange winning for whining...

I've been watching Verity football for the past 7 years or so and you haven't seen any of that behavior from the 8th grade in the past three years. I can't comment on what the 7th has done in the past three seasons because I haven't been to all of their games, but you didn't see that out of the 7th grade up until then either.
Know that the topic should be dropped, but I can't seem to not comment that I believe it is totally absurd that The Lexington Catholic coaches would accuse Verity 8th grade of intentionally coming late. Our coaches and players conduct themselves with only the highest morals and sportsmanship!!! Truly unbelievable and unacceptable that we traveled to your facility to be greeted in such a manner and left with the lasting impression of hearing someone yelling,"Take his head off" close to the end of the game. That's truly what you will be remembered for. Congratulations boys for your win!!!
Gatti-Ward Wrote:I've been watching Verity football for the past 7 years or so and you haven't seen any of that behavior from the 8th grade in the past three years. I can't comment on what the 7th has done in the past three seasons because I haven't been to all of their games, but you didn't see that out of the 7th grade up until then either.

UP by 30 points and you run the QB over and over and over and not take him out and put the second string QB. Sounds like you need to get to more games. The 7th grade QB is very talented, probably the best 7th grade athlete in that neck of the woods. Have not seen all of them but can bet, I would like to have him on my team, very nice athlete.
Verity's 7th grade stats are on digitalsports.com but I'm not sure how to get to them. The QB has been playing that position since the regular guy broke his foot
Does digital sports show all schools stats and schedules? Do you have to pay to access that site?
It will be great to see Ashland and Lex Cath play again.....hopefully in playoffs....I would travel to see that....after all this smack about the coaches......any predictions about that rematch coaches?????
Wont happen this year in the playoffs, I dont think that Verity will make it out of their bracket. NOT BEING MEAN!!! New Harlan is tough, I have seen these kids before. Need to focus on one game at a time. Simons is after some revenge from last years loss to verity at home and they could possibly knock them off. Just possible that the rematch will not happen...
I was at the lex Cath vs Verity game as well. I too heard the remark of "Take his head off" however you did not finish the remark. The remark was "Take his head off number 3." Lex Cath does not have a #3, but Verity does. The remark did come from Lex. Cath coaches or parent.
Lex Cath Coaches do not yell such things. They typically pull starters when up. They did not appear to be trying to score again on Ashland.

A few years ago the Off Coordinator coached at another school and told Berea coach to run a sweep to the left and they would let Berea score. It was Bereas last game ....had been winless and scoreless.The gimee TD made those kids go willd!!! I think that is a class act!!!!

There were some very vocal fans from both schools sitting on the Catholic side during the Ashland game. At this stage ...who knows ....but it was not staff.!!!!:Thumbs::Thumbs:
I have coached against Lex Cath and know the staff personally. It does not sound like anything that would come out of their mouth. My parents, maybe, but not their staff. Could have been anyone, but that is not typical of that program.
I wasnt able to make it to the game to hear what was really said.... but you guys are saying they yelled, "TAKE HIS HEAD OFF!" I was told that a fat lady ordered a hot dog with no bun, and when she got her hot dog with a bun she yelled, "TAKE THIS BREAD OFF, TAKE THIS BREAD OFF!" Lol
lol
Pages: 1 2