Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ole Miss 42 - Kentucky 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
I really don't get the play calling. The 4th quarter they were aggressive and scored at will, the first three quarters very conservative. When you have a less than average defense like UK does, you have to take chances to put points on the board. Hartline consistently throwing short of the first down marker can drive a man nuts. I thought this was a must win in order for UK to get a bowl game.
Joker's inexperience of taking control of the game late and ensuring that the offense used the right tools had a significant impact in todays game. Now I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of Joker haters, my point is that he does not have the experience yet to best manage a game. It will come.
UK is just Bad!
Yeah, I didnt like the play calling, our defense has no linebackers, and Hartline is back to his old tricks, but all that said we had a chance to recover an onside kick late in the game. Kicker does a great job and our so called best hands team includes linebacker Trevathon which is wearing a cast on his hand. This blows my mind. Where was Cobb or Matthews???????????
Has Hartline ever won a SEC game
king360 Wrote:UK is just Bad!

Definitely not as good as many on here thought they were going to be.
I spit up my pop whenever Andre Ware said that "Steve Brown was ready for a head coaching job" Then I belly laughed for a good 2-3 minutes!
^ I didn't hear that, but I can see why you would have laughed
I listened to part of the 2nd quarter on the radio and Tom Leach's right hand man ragged on Joker the whole time. You could really hear the concern in his voice.
I predicted on here that UK would go 5-7, and win one conference game, and I will be right on the money, I believe. Whats bad, is that the SEC East is unusually down this year, and that one conference win is gonna be tough to get. Vanderbilt wont be an easy win (they beat the same Ole Miss team by 14 points)...
Rest of the schedule;
vs. Auburn (L)
vs. South Carolina (L)
vs. Georgia (L)
@ Mississippi State (L)
vs. Charleston Southern (W)
vs. Vanderbilt (?)
@ Tennessee (L)

With that said, if UK goes 0-8 in conference play this year, it would be in the best interest of the team to fire Joker and not let the program fall into another rut that they wont be able to get out of.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I predicted on here that UK would go 5-7, and win one conference game, and I will be right on the money, I believe. Whats bad, is that the SEC East is unusually down this year, and that one conference win is gonna be tough to get. Vanderbilt wont be an easy win (they beat the same Ole Miss team by 14 points)...
Rest of the schedule;
vs. Auburn (L)
vs. South Carolina (L)
vs. Georgia (L)
@ Mississippi State (L)
vs. Vanderbilt (?)
@ Tennessee (L)

With that said, if UK goes 0-8 in conference play this year, it would be in the best interest of the team to fire Joker and not let the program fall into another rut that they wont be able to get out of.

I hate to bash on Joker, but if he can find a way to get 2 conference wins, he will save his job. Unfortunately, I don't see two wins left on the schedule.
Operation Win isn't looking very good now.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Has Hartline ever won a SEC game
Yes, I remember him leading a comeback against Arkansas a few years ago. IMO Newton should be starting. He helped us beat Georgia and Auburn on the road last year. If Hartline were starting we wouldn't have gotten either of those wins. Also Newton is the QB of the future so he needs to hit next year in stride and full of confidence.
Stardust Wrote:Definitely not as good as many on here thought they were going to be.

:Thumbs:
Gota BELIEVE...We will get 2-3 wins in conf. play.
MVP2 Wrote:Gota BELIEVE...We will get 2-3 wins in conf. play.

I hope and pray!
Aslan Wrote:Yes, I remember him leading a comeback against Arkansas a few years ago. IMO Newton should be starting. He helped us beat Georgia and Auburn on the road last year. If Hartline were starting we wouldn't have gotten either of those wins. Also Newton is the QB of the future so he needs to hit next year in stride and full of confidence.

:Thumbs:

Well Cobb was the prime reason we won that game. If im not mistaking he threw for a touchdown in that comeback.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Well Cobb was the prime reason we won that game. If im not mistaking he threw for a touchdown in that comeback.

I recall him catching a TD so idk,,
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I predicted on here that UK would go 5-7, and win one conference game, and I will be right on the money, I believe. Whats bad, is that the SEC East is unusually down this year, and that one conference win is gonna be tough to get. Vanderbilt wont be an easy win (they beat the same Ole Miss team by 14 points)...
Rest of the schedule;
vs. Auburn (L)
vs. South Carolina (L)
vs. Georgia (L)
@ Mississippi State (L)
vs. Vanderbilt (?)
@ Tennessee (L)

Tidehoss, if UK had taken football as serious as basketball, Brooksie would have been run off a long time ago and Joker never would have been named coach. Gillespie was sent packing after two straight 19 win seasons. Anywhere else, that would have been an automatic contract extension.
I guarantee if UK's football program was a top 10 team every year and had 7 National Championships then that would've been the case. :Thumbs:
The Wildcats are still better than the Rebels its just that Hartline had that crutial Interception as well as the Matthews fumble! Keep your heads up Cats!
leecoukfan Wrote:The Wildcats are still better than the Rebels its just that Hartline had that crutial Interception as well as the Matthews fumble! Keep your heads up Cats!

I completely disagree with you here. I felt like Mississippi choked down the stretch and could have won this gae by 35. UK was definitely not better than Ole Miss.
Stardust Wrote:I completely disagree with you here. I felt like Mississippi choked down the stretch and could have won this gae by 35. UK was definitely not better than Ole Miss.

Yep.
Stardust Wrote:I completely disagree with you here. I felt like Mississippi choked down the stretch and could have won this gae by 35. UK was definitely not better than Ole Miss.

Maybe Kentucky was just playing bad and we didnt play to our potential until the 4th? maybe we was the ones that choked?
Bad loss...
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Maybe Kentucky was just playing bad and we didnt play to our potential until the 4th? maybe we was the ones that choked?

Thats what I'm sayin!
leecoukfan Wrote:Thats what I'm sayin!

So we choked for for 3 quarters and then unchoked in the 4th.
I don't know about that.
It looked to me like we got beat by the better team.

And let's all blame it on Hartline while we're at it.
The fact that we gave up 42 points to a team that has beaten by Jacksonville St. and Vandy has nothing to do with it.
Put Newton in, he would have put up 43 pts:please:
How can you question play calling or quarterback play for the Cats in this one. If your qb throws for 300 and you score 35 points on the road in the SEC your defense should be able to come up with enough stops to win it. PERIOD
Brooks4Prez Wrote:How can you question play calling or quarterback play for the Cats in this one. If your qb throws for 300 and you score 35 points on the road in the SEC your defense should be able to come up with enough stops to win it. PERIOD

35 points
400 yards of offense
Win time of posession

...do all of this on the road in the SEC...

Our "D"is hot garbage. The only excuse I will make for them is the fact that 3 times Ole Miss started their drive inside the 15.
make up for it tomorrow Cats!!! Get that game and it erases the egg laid last week!