Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cheerleaders needed or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In every game I have been to this year the cheerleaders have been out done by the fans. What about your team? Do your cheerleaders lead the cheers? I know there are some very athletic teams out there and they are preety awesome to see. Do you think cheerleaders are that important now?
:bow:
Cheerleaders aren't needed, but they do help sometimes. I agree that fans normally do a better job.
not
It's nice to know that no one wants us out there when we work our a** off to be!!!!!! If you don't like us, don't pay attention to us.
I've been to games where the cheerleaders are awesome- they promote spirit, enthusiasm and lead the fans in chants. Other times- I see a group of girls more concerned about who might be looking at them. They are worried about their hair, makeup etc.. They don't even know the difference in offense and defense. Every team could use a good group of cheerleaders. There just aren't that many of them in some places.

But I've also seens fans who wouldn't join in a cheer with their cheerleaders if they were in the final game at Rupp with a 3 point lead and 10 seconds left on the clock.
"WOW" Wrote:I've been to games where the cheerleaders are awesome- they promote spirit, enthusiasm and lead the fans in chants. Other times- I see a group of girls more concerned about who might be looking at them. They are worried about their hair, makeup etc.. They don't even know the difference in offense and defense. Every team could use a good group of cheerleaders. There just aren't that many of them in some places.

But I've also seens fans who wouldn't join in a cheer with their cheerleaders if they were in the final game at Rupp with a 3 point lead and 10 seconds left on the clock.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Some are out there because THEY WANT to support the school, others are there because they want to wear a skirt.
All the games that I have been to in the 58th - the fans chant with the cheerleaders, at any game tourney or not.

And you are right, some people won't chant with us- why? You tell me.. all we do is try to help.

For 'most of us' (and I quote 'most of us') cheerleading isn't about us - it is about being there for our team win or lose. Telling them good job and giving them hugs when they're down. Waiting on them after a 20 point loss, because they're 'our boys'. Decorating the school and giving them a team breakfast the day of the game - just to let them know that we care about them - win or lose. We are there for them no matter if they lose 1 game or every game. We ALWAYS support them because that is our job.
Sometimes I feel like I coach just as much as the coaches do. Screaming 'Offense and Defense'. We scream at the ref's just like the people from the crowd do, we start cheers with basketball jargon in them. We know A LOT about what we cheer for because we've cheered for it just as long as the boys have played ball.

It is A LOT more than what most of you all think it is.
It's a lot about being there for 'our boys, our team' - even when they aren't there for us in return when we go compete for districts or nationals.
Good post Blackforever
i dont know i mean the other night at the south floyd game the hi hat crazzies (the fans) lead the cheerleaders in the chants
"blackcatforever" Wrote:It's nice to know that no one wants us out there when we work our a** off to be!!!!!! If you don't like us, don't pay attention to us.

It's not that we don't want you all out there. It's that we don't want an ignorant group of cheerleaders out there. I don't go to nearly as many basketball games, so I don't know how it is. But I know at football games I hear cheerleaders chant "Take that ball away" when their team is on offense. Or "1st and 10 do it again" when we're on defense. It's just pointless to have them there if they can't relay what's going on in the game correctly and in turn are chanting for the other team.
Not exactly needed but they do help to get the crowd pumped and chanting sometimes. Most of the time at my school the pep section starts out the cheers and the cheerleaders just go along with it and chant with us...sad but true.
Nice post blackcatforever. Glad to know that there are cheerleaders out there like that.
"WOW" Wrote:I've been to games where the cheerleaders are awesome- they promote spirit, enthusiasm and lead the fans in chants. Other times- I see a group of girls more concerned about who might be looking at them. They are worried about their hair, makeup etc.. They don't even know the difference in offense and defense. Every team could use a good group of cheerleaders. There just aren't that many of them in some places.

Nice post. I dont think Cheerleaders get the respect they deserve. They go out there and cheer and work there asses off to get the team going and to pump up the fans. So yeah yeah they are needed in a big way. :Guitar01:
They are needed!!
they are needes but sometimes they fans is better
their both equally needed at the games a good fan sec combined with hardworkin cheerleaders makes the best pep section any school could ask for and about when they mess up cheerleaders are human like it or not they make mistakes and so do u everyday of ur life eveyone makes mistakes it cant be helped.so cut them some slack and fans can get rowdy to so they cheer and stomp and yell and that is just part of the game even though that is how alot of fights breakout people make mistakes and they pay for them so dont put ur self on a pedestal and think if u were one that u would never make mistakes because then u would just be about the most ignorant and ****y person i would have ever met or would ever want to meet.
I know at our school they are needed and respected by the coaching staff and hopefully the fans. If we have our team anything the cheerleaders are generally involved. They went to the All "A" State tournament last year and stayed the entire week and travelled with the team on the charter.
Of course i agree Wyatt Earp
Yeah I agree too Ace. That would have been a good trip to be on.
cheerleaders are needed they get the fans into the game
Cheerleading is a sport too. they help alot
A not for me.
I think they are needed to keep the fans involved in the game. Hey, it is just as hard of a sport as any of the ones they cheer for. I could see some of the big brave ball jocks getting thrown that far in the air, or some of the other stunts they do.

Not only that, but if they are good enough, it will pay there way threw college.
Chearleaders are the best thing that came to sports. Chearleaders are for you and i dont think you deserve. They are for the Fans. Chearleading is its own sport. They deserve just as much repect as any one else. They do stuff that is amazing and they work harder than any fball bball or any other type of sport.

Mad love for the chearleaders
And its not the cheerleaders faults its your lazy fans. Some of the people get up and yell but when the cheerleaders try to get the other fans up they sit there, and you wonder why they came. I tell you what if you sit and dont cheer for your team you might as well be on the other team
I think they are needed.
Lazy Fans!!

Thats another good point Raider Time. I've seen fans that act like they are at a funeral. A great group of cheerleaders and a great group of fans who work together can change the tone and even the outcome of a game. I remember being at a high school game - the lady sitting next to us- asked a man with 2 young children to please make them quit yelling and stomping. They were enjoying the game and were cheering their hearts out. This was a conference title game. The lady complaining actually had a son starting for one of the teams playing.
I think that cheerleaders are needed!! I remember when I was in high school (Pikeville) we would follow the cheers most of the time!! They would really help out the students when there was a dead period or when the team is down after a big shot. The cheerleaders are always there to keep the fans up. That is their job to support the team as much as possible!!

The cheerleaders are great but then again there are some cheers that they can't do with the fans for certain reasons. It is at these times that one would expect the fans to be over the cheerleaders but for the most part, students should have respect for their fellow classmates who are in front of them :thumb:

Cheerleaders are GREAT and should be there IMO!!
I beleive cheerleading is a fine activity and i have mostly good things to say about it, but i know at LC, the student fans take care of themselves. The cheerleaders run about 5 or 6 chants the whole game.
They are probably more involved at other schools, and if so, then thats awesome! I just say no for LC.
They may not be needed, but they help pump the crowd up and show good school spirit and pride. They should get respect just like everybody else.
"WOW" Wrote:Lazy Fans!!

Thats another good point Raider Time. I've seen fans that act like they are at a funeral. A great group of cheerleaders and a great group of fans who work together can change the tone and even the outcome of a game. I remember being at a high school game - the lady sitting next to us- asked a man with 2 young children to please make them quit yelling and stomping. They were enjoying the game and were cheering their hearts out. This was a conference title game. The lady complaining actually had a son starting for one of the teams playing.

Good Post. I agree. I hate going to a game that the where the fans don't support the team whether that be the boys or the girls. Half of Rupp Arena is like that. This is one reason I love the Duke arena so much. They put the fans who will cheer near the court.

I am one of the rowdiest fans around at times but I always applaud the cheerleaders. Shoot I married one and begat one.
Pages: 1 2 3