Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Michigan State Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just read an article in the East Lansing newspaper that two prominent basketball players will not be charged with sexual assault of a young lady in their dorm room in late August... I will try and find the link and have that posted as well. However, this is the 3rd Michigan State Basketball player to have avoided prosecution from the same District Attorney with overwhelming evidence against the players. The first player, was charged with DUI with a BAC over .16 and it was amended down to "reckless driving."

Now comes the real question, if this was Kentucky, how much NATIONAL MEDIA attention would this have drawn to Coach Cal and the University? Would Pete Thamel of the New York Times be all over this questioning the integrity of the players that Coach Cal recruits? Sure it would and I don't think there is anyone on this site or any other site would disagree with this statement... When Kentucky fans argue that there is a bias towards the University of Kentucky, here is one more example of that bias from the National Media as a whole.
^ No more than the Michigan State. The news of what is going on at UK is only relevant in Kentucky. No one outside of our dear state gives a hoot about UK, sorry, they just don't care! I travel all over this country for business and NO ONE talks about UK, just us. We need to get over "ourselves" in thinking that we are on the thoughts and minds of the rest of the country! I just spent a week in Vegas, do you know how much news I heard about UK sports - ZERO!
Did you get to visit the pawn shop like you had planned?
Stardust Wrote:^ No more than the Michigan State. The news of what is going on at UK is only relevant in Kentucky. No one outside of our dear state gives a hoot about UK, sorry, they just don't care! I travel all over this country for business and NO ONE talks about UK, just us. We need to get over "ourselves" in thinking that we are on the thoughts and minds of the rest of the country! I just spent a week in Vegas, do you know how much news I heard about UK sports - ZERO!

C'mon SD!
You know everyone puts UK on a pedestal.
I've heard ESPN gets their updates from BGR.
Stardust Wrote:^ No more than the Michigan State. The news of what is going on at UK is only relevant in Kentucky. No one outside of our dear state gives a hoot about UK, sorry, they just don't care! I travel all over this country for business and NO ONE talks about UK, just us. We need to get over "ourselves" in thinking that we are on the thoughts and minds of the rest of the country! I just spent a week in Vegas, do you know how much news I heard about UK sports - ZERO!

Uhhhhhgreeed.
zaga_fan Wrote:C'mon SD!
You know everyone puts UK on a pedestal.
I've heard ESPN gets their updates from BGR.

I know, I know, it would be such a disappointment for us to know that the only news that gets the attention of the entire nation was only about Kentucky Basketball. My bad, maybe I just wasn't listening real hard while I was in Vegas and the city was just bouncing with UK stories and I was immune to them all......

I love my state, I love my UK Basketball, but good grief, I'm not naive to think that anyone else cares. Sorry people, others don't care, including the NCAA and the media. It's gets our ire when we here about, just as it does in Michigan for the Michigan State fan who is out there right now saying why are we being mistreated!
Stardust Wrote:I know, I know, it would be such a disappointment for us to know that the only news that gets the attention of the entire nation was only about Kentucky Basketball. My bad, maybe I just wasn't listening real hard while I was in Vegas and the city was just bouncing with UK stories and I was immune to them all......

I love my state, I love my UK Basketball, but good grief, I'm not naive to think that anyone else cares. Sorry people, others don't care, including the NCAA and the media. It's gets our ire when we here about, just as it does in Michigan for the Michigan State fan who is out there right now saying why are we being mistreated!

At least we still have our lottery pick.....
DARIUS MILLER!
zaga_fan Wrote:At least we still have our lottery pick.....
DARIUS MILLER!
Laugh all you want, but the crow is boiling for you. :biggrin:
BCF4L Wrote:Laugh all you want, but the crow is boiling for you. :biggrin:

Ah...he might make the lottery if he stays all 4 years.
He'll be the oldest lottery pick in the last decade.
next to Psycho-T
zaga_fan Wrote:At least we still have our lottery pick.....
DARIUS MILLER!

:lmao:
Then tell me StarDust, why in the flip does the New York Times media care about Kentucky Basketball? The Birmingham School District would not have asked for an independent review of Bledsoe's transcripts if not for the New York Times article. I'm not trying to imply that the entire world cares about UK sports, but it just seems like if this was a Kentucky issue, it would have been the top story on PTI and Around the Horn and opening as the lead story on SportsCenter....
Navajo4life Wrote:Then tell me StarDust, why in the flip does the New York Times media care about Kentucky Basketball? The Birmingham School District would not have asked for an independent review of Bledsoe's transcripts if not for the New York Times article. I'm not trying to imply that the entire world cares about UK sports, but it just seems like if this was a Kentucky issue, it would have been the top story on PTI and Around the Horn and opening as the lead story on SportsCenter....

I don't know if I ever saw Bledsoe's grades mentioned on ESPN unless it was just to mention it and move on.
and I can't even remember if they talked about it at all to be honest.
Zaga, I was perfectly fine until you started about Miller..
Miller will be a lottery pick, get over it..
This season will prove everything that needs to be proven..
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't know if I ever saw Bledsoe's grades mentioned on ESPN unless it was just to mention it and move on.
and I can't even remember if they talked about it at all to be honest.

Looks like ESPN knew something about it.... TongueirateSho

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5626854"]NCAA officially closes any inquiries into former Kentucky guard Eric Bledsoe's eligibility during his one season with the Wildcats - ESPN[/ame]
Ballers Wrote:Looks like ESPN knew something about it.... TongueirateSho

NCAA officially closes any inquiries into former Kentucky guard Eric Bledsoe's eligibility during his one season with the Wildcats - ESPN

Hmmmmm.
not letting me watch it.
How long is it....
a minute?
90 seconds?
zaga_fan Wrote:Hmmmmm.
not letting me watch it.
How long is it....
a minute?
90 seconds?

Doesn't matter, it's on ESPN.. That's all that matters.
I just thought I would let Ballers see a few mock drafts.
Darius Miller isn't in any of em.
But you can print em out and scribble his name in with a crayon if it makes you feel better Wink
http://www. draftexpress.com/nba- mock-draft/2011/
http://www. nbadraft.net/2011 mock_draft
http://walter football.com/nba draft2011mock.php
http://www. mynbadraft.com/2011 -NBA-Mock-Draft
http://www. nba-draft. com/
Those mock drafts mean a hill of beans..
What if the #1 pick got injured? Or how about all top ten break legs and tear ACL's?
Ballers Wrote:Those mock drafts mean a hill of beans..
What if the #1 pick got injured? Or how about all top ten break legs and tear ACL's?

I guess the everyone would move up a spot and Miller would have a shot at getting a tryout with a team after the draft.
If all the top 10 break their legs he might even creep into a draft pick.
Pft.
Ncaa is down, Miller has expanded his game..
He is the ****, get a big wiff of it.
^ Miller will never be nothing as long as he plays soft and waits for the game.
^ Did you watch him play in Canada?
He's def. not the little Miller everyone is used to now..
Ballers Wrote:^ Did you watch him play in Canada?
He's def. not the little Miller everyone is used to now..

Against Canada, And im sure he will do fine until we play big competitors. Which is when he crumbles. He needs to be aggressive and take control.
Ballers Wrote:Zaga, I was perfectly fine until you started about Miller..
Miller will be a lottery pick, get over it..
This season will prove everything that needs to be proven..

Based on what? lol He has like a 5ppg career average in a mediocre conference. Miller might be one after his senior year, it's doubtful though. He's to layed back, and don't try to take over games like most lottery picks do. He's a solid defender, but his offensive game needs so much work in order for him to be drafted at all. I hope he is a lottery pick, the guy plays for UK and is from the GREAT state of Kentucky, but the odds are against him.
^ We"ll see we"ll see.
IMO, he played pretty aggressive.. I could tell a big change in his game up in Canada..
Even if they were "mediocre" or lower.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Against Canada, And im sure he will do fine until we play big competitors. Which is when he crumbles. He needs to be aggressive and take control.

And this is the Point - great post :Thumbs:

I watched him play at Mason Co. for five years, and the story has been the same - Darius has the ability to control games, but either he chooses not to or he does not have it within him to do so. This was the exact same comments made about him in the recruiting circles. I like the kid, but an NBA player he is not. The only Lottery that he will be in is the one he buys a ticket. Not a knock, but after 7 years, you get to know a players game!