Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 42 Corbin 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Didnt get to see this game. How did it go
Sportsman105 Wrote:Didnt get to see this game. How did it go
i thought this was the corbin team that had the 7th grade state runner ups playing as 8th graders this year?is mboro that good or was corbin overrated.
someone said something about a split squad playing mboro and the real 8th playing wburg but i can't confirm this.
Yea they played the b team and the 7th grade so it's really nothing to brag about for Middlesboro.
Sportsman105 Wrote:Yea they played the b team and the 7th grade so it's really nothing to brag about for Middlesboro.
what genius would do that? you play to win{herm edwards}why play games at half staff,?
Yea that what I was sayin before the 2 teams played.
big blu 2 u Wrote:what genius would do that? you play to win{herm edwards}why play games at half staff,?

Because the starters were playing in the next game against williamsburg. I do believe I noticed the starters in for two series in which Corbin outscored Middlesboro 14-0.
As far as the game went Middlesboro had to much speed for the 8th b-team and 7th graders from Corbin. Middlesboro also had a lineman (cant remember the number) but he caused all kinds of trouble for Corbin's rushing attack. However when Corbin's 8th starters came in for 2 series they dominated the game on both sides of the ball. Forcing 2 punts and blocking 1 of them, and scoring in 1 play each time on offense. IMO Corbin made the right decision to have the 8th starters play Williamsburg. Williamsburg and Middlesboro are both good teams, however I think Williamsburg is the better team.
It was propley there defensive end #7, Or #50 I dont know there names but they caused alot of trouble when I watched Williamsburg and Middlesboro play. I think if Corbin would have played there starters that score would have been the other way around.
Sportsman105 Wrote:It was propley there defensive end #7, Or #50 I dont know there names but they caused alot of trouble when I watched Williamsburg and Middlesboro play. I think if Corbin would have played there starters that score would have been the other way around.

I believe it was #7 and #50. I also agree that the score would be flipped.:Thumbs:
Yea Corbin is really a tough team.
I know Middlesboro is now 6-1 on the year.
Can anyone tell me how the Jackson county game went?
Corbin really showed their true colors this night. RED! They put their first team in at the beginning of the 3rd Qtr. when Middlesboro had their 2nd team boys in the game. Middlesboro was up 42 -0 when corbin decided to put their "big Boys" in the game. Yes, they did score 2 touchdowns but had they played their starters the whole game they would have gotten to see what Middlesboro was really made of. You don't wait untill a team is up 42 -0 with their 2nd team to try to show off your talent. This whole game was an insult to Middlesboro and their team and they were more than good enough to play Corbin's big boys...After all, none of corbins other players were able to put any points on the board against Middlesboro.
mrboro Wrote:Corbin really showed their true colors this night. RED! They put their first team in at the beginning of the 3rd Qtr. when Middlesboro had their 2nd team boys in the game. Middlesboro was up 42 -0 when corbin decided to put their "big Boys" in the game. Yes, they did score 2 touchdowns but had they played their starters the whole game they would have gotten to see what Middlesboro was really made of. You don't wait untill a team is up 42 -0 with their 2nd team to try to show off your talent. This whole game was an insult to Middlesboro and their team and they were more than good enough to play Corbin's big boys...After all, none of corbins other players were able to put any points on the board against Middlesboro.

Middlesboro was indeed good enough to play Corbin, however you can ask your starters who were still on the field when Corbin's starters entered the game "who the better team was?" And the score wasn't 42-0 when the 8th grade starters from Corbin entered the game. If these two teams met with the starters playing Middlesboro would come out on the short side of a 3-5 TD loss. You complain that this game was an insult to Middlesboro, yet how can someone honestly expect for a team to play two consecutive games? Williamsburg is a better team than Middlesboro so the 8th starters played Williamsburg. If anything be grateful for Middlesboro was able to post another W on their record instead of having to post an embarrasing loss. This game is in the past if I were you I would focus my attention on your conference or the Jackets will once again pull out a victory.
What is Corbin's record and what teams have they beat?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Middlesboro was indeed good enough to play Corbin, however you can ask your starters who were still on the field when Corbin's starters entered the game "who the better team was?" And the score wasn't 42-0 when the 8th grade starters from Corbin entered the game. If these two teams met with the starters playing Middlesboro would come out on the short side of a 3-5 TD loss. You complain that this game was an insult to Middlesboro, yet how can someone honestly expect for a team to play two consecutive games? Williamsburg is a better team than Middlesboro so the 8th starters played Williamsburg. If anything be grateful for Middlesboro was able to post another W on their record instead of having to post an embarrasing loss. This game is in the past if I were you I would focus my attention on your conference or the Jackets will once again pull out a victory.
The fans and parents at Middlesboro were unaware of the two games being played until kickoff, and as you can imagine, were quite disappointed. The Middlesboro team always welcomes the opportunity to play a good team and Corbin's state championship team was a real challenge. For Middlesboro to travel to Corbin in the rain to play their best against our best was fine, but to find out you are playing second or third string was disappointing. Yes, I'm sure the coaches knew, but no one else did. Even if it was a loss for Middlesboro, it would have been a good challenge for the kids at Middlesboro. But you are right, Middlesboro will take the win and let Williamsburg take the loss on that one. Now we all look forward to the playoffs.
Williamsburg is not a better team then Middlesboro, Just my opinion. I may be wrong I may be right.
Just curious, but why doesn't Corbin play Bell and Knox? Seems to me this would really show how good they are, or are they just good with smaller class teams?
I cant wait to hear a Corbin reply on this one!! LOL
ILiveForHim Wrote:I cant wait to hear a Corbin reply on this one!! LOL

lol yea, hear we go again, let it begin
:yesno:
Hitters_Count Wrote:Just curious, but why doesn't Corbin play Bell and Knox? Seems to me this would really show how good they are, or are they just good with smaller class teams?

I think this is a legit question? Seems silly they dont play.
Just for you'r information Middlesboro beat bell. Just cause there a small class does not mean anything.Smile
Quote:Just for you'r information Middlesboro beat bell. Just cause there a small class does not mean anything.

Notice the question was directed to Corbin, NOT M'boro. M'boro plays Bell, Knox, and New Harlan each year and is right in the mix. Corbin, however, does not play these teams year in and year out and I was asking why they dont schedule them. I know there is bad blood between Corbin and Knox, but Corbin has dodge them since Knox Middle started. When was the last time Corbin played Bell? Didn't they play in the same conference a couple of years back?
Bell and Corbin were in the same conference till Bell was kicked out. I think Corbin uses a lame excuse but lets hear their answer.
Can't wait to hear their answer. This should be good.lol
Can't wait to hear this excuse. I'm sure it will be a good one. lol
ILiveForHim Wrote:Bell and Corbin were in the same conference till Bell was kicked out. I think Corbin uses a lame excuse but lets hear their answer.

Bell was replaced in the conference with Rockastle a couple years ago. Bell had only been in that conference for a couple years. Before that they were removed from another conference and put all the blame on Harlan kicking them out of the conference. It seems odd to me that they have a hard time staying in a conference yet they try to place blame on other teams while the entire conference, let me say that again THE ENTIRE CONFERENCE votes to remove them. If you have problems with every team in a conference it would seem to me that maybe you start thinking "hey maybe it's our coaching staff that's the problem".
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Bell was replaced in the conference with Rockastle a couple years ago. Bell had only been in that conference for a couple years. Before that they were removed from another conference and put all the blame on Harlan kicking them out of the conference. It seems odd to me that they have a hard time staying in a conference yet they try to place blame on other teams while the entire conference, let me say that again THE ENTIRE CONFERENCE votes to remove them. If you have problems with every team in a conference it would seem to me that maybe you start thinking "hey maybe it's our coaching staff that's the problem".

Just wondering.... what does a team have to do to get kicked out of 2 conferences?
Sportsman105 Wrote:Just for you'r information Middlesboro beat bell. Just cause there a small class does not mean anything.Smile

When did they play and what was the score?
Pages: 1 2