Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 40 Williamsburg 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good game on both ends, and no one was hurt. Too many costly turnovers for the Jackets (3 fumbles) and 1 TD called back. The Redhounds didn't have an answer for the Jackets passing game for sure. The Jackets didn't seem to wrap up #36 and #25 until they were 5-10 yards down field. Corbin had great ball control (4-5 minutes every drive) and were able to grind it out. Whereas Williamsburg was scoring in 1-2 minutes. I personally believe Corbin's D-Line is the best in the State and I felt Williamsburg did a great job blocking them. Good luck to the Redhounds and Jackets as they enter their conference and state playoffs.
Old_Jacket Wrote:Good game on both ends, and no one was hurt. Too many costly turnovers for the Jackets (3 fumbles) and 1 TD called back. The Redhounds didn't have an answer for the Jackets passing game for sure. The Jackets didn't seem to wrap up #36 and #25 until they were 5-10 yards down field. Corbin had great ball control (4-5 minutes every drive) and were able to grind it out. Whereas Williamsburg was scoring in 1-2 minutes. I personally believe Corbin's D-Line is the best in the State and I felt Williamsburg did a great job blocking them. Good luck to the Redhounds and Jackets as they enter their conference and state playoffs.

If you think Corbin has the best defensive line you have not seen alot of teams....JMOA.........:rockon:
We're talking about legit kids that are in the grade fit for their age, not 15 and 16 year old middle school all-stars. You're on the wrong post if you're talking about another team.:Thumbs:
Wow, Didn't expect this outcome, what happened?
There aren't any 16 yr old all stars and very few 15 year olds. You can't compete in the KYMSFA if you turned 15 before August 1st. Hold backs are in every single program. Some schools like to complain about them and say they don't have them. But the fact is whether a kid is held back in 6th grade or 8th or even kindergarten they are still a hold back. Hold backs are not always athletically driven either. The majority of hold backs do extremely well in school. I would recommend all kids boys and girls, athletes and non athletes to hold back because a 18 or 19 year old student is much more prepared to enter college or the work force than a 16 or 17 year old. To me there are no drawbacks to holding kids back.
Those 3 fumbles you're talking about can also be contributed to hard hitting defense. Taking nothing away from williamsburg, they have a good team, some very quick kids. If w'burg wants to compete for state titles that is the competition level they will face over the next few weeks. Enjoyed the game, corbin needed good competition like w'burg to prepare for the next season (playoffs). Ashamed w'burg don't have a few more kids they can play......some of those kids i know took some hard licks and they wore down in the fourth quarter. Good luck to w'burg in the playoffs.
Old_Jacket Wrote:We're talking about legit kids that are in the grade fit for their age, not 15 and 16 year old middle school all-stars. You're on the wrong post if you're talking about another team.:Thumbs:

LOL, that is what people say when there NOT on the same level, all of our players are legal, and will play four years of High School football....so put up or you know:flame:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
on another post I said this score would be Corbin 40 Williamsburd 24. I was close just only 4 points off. If you can put up 28 points on Corbin you can compete with just about anyone in the state.