Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Harlan @ Knox Score??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know the score of this game?
Pride and Football Wrote:Anyone know the score of this game?
not official but a kid called my son and told him knox 40 new harlan 0? if thats true its a shocker cause the last game was a nail biter. some one double check please.
Yeah I'll confirm it. Knox thoroughly dominated both sides of the ball. It was never close
RichBrooks Wrote:Yeah I'll confirm it. Knox thoroughly dominated both sides of the ball. It was never close
wow,,,,whatever they done or the plays called keep the foot on the pedal.TongueirateSho
The difference in tonite and the last time these two played, Knox had at least 125 yards in penalties, tonite they had roughly 35 yds. New Harlen had about the same or maybe even less, K-N-O-X never aloud Harlan past the 40 yard line in the first half..and played lights out defense..Offense for KNOX was hitting on all cylinders..#35 Canady pounded the ball up the middle and of tackle all nite..#20 Nate Cole the Tailback made a highlight film on the outside, with long TD runs..#5 Matthew Barger QB keep the harlan of balance all nite with short pass plays...Offensive line completely control the line up front....That was the difference in tonite's game..........:redboxer:
big blu 2 u Wrote:wow,,,,whatever they done or the plays called keep the foot on the pedal.TongueirateSho

No fancy play calling, just lined straight up and ran the ball where they wanted, played straight up good defense and just flat out whipped the Patriots on both sides on the ball. The Patriots that I've known never showed up tonight. They'll just have to eat their humble pie and come back their next game and play some football! Keep working hard Patriots!
Mama Bear Wrote:No fancy play calling, just lined straight up and ran the ball where they wanted, played straight up good defense and just flat out whipped the Patriots on both sides on the ball. The Patriots that I've known never showed up tonight. They'll just have to eat their humble pie and come back their next game and play some football! Keep working hard Patriots!
i kow you guys will re-group,,,i think you got bell next.im surprised we done so well on a wet field we have a record of giving the ball up on messy fields.remember the last two at harlan?
New Harlan is a very good team but they just ran into a buzz saw tonight. Knox dominated defensively. I haven't seen the stats yet but I don't know if new harlan had 100 yds tonight. Offensively they controlled the line of scrimmage and #20 and 35 ran with a lot of heart tonight. If Knox plays like they did tonight they are a force to be reckoned with.
big blu 2 u Wrote:i kow you guys will re-group,,,i think you got bell next.im surprised we done so well on a wet field we have a record of giving the ball up on messy fields.remember the last two at harlan?

They play Bell on Thursday. If I were a betting gal, I'd bet that Coach Wood and Coach Craig will "have their minds right" by then. How many Canady's are their in Knox County? Seems like an endless supply. :biggrin: Good luck the rest of your season. Maybe these boys can suit up against each other in high school.
Yeah I think bell co is all but mailed it in at this point and New Harlan will be tough to handle come Thursday. Ill take the patriots by a couple touchdowns in a very physical contest.
RichBrooks Wrote:Yeah I think bell co is all but mailed it in at this point and New Harlan will be tough to handle come Thursday. Ill take the patriots by a couple touchdowns in a very physical contest.
dont count bell out they still have a good d and play with heart at home.
Mama Bear Wrote:They play Bell on Thursday. If I were a betting gal, I'd bet that Coach Wood and Coach Craig will "have their minds right" by then. How many Canady's are their in Knox County? Seems like an endless supply. :biggrin: Good luck the rest of your season. Maybe these boys can suit up against each other in high school.

#35 Hayden Canady is Knox Central's #4 Jeffrey Canady little Bro. if 202 is little, LOL, he is the last of the Canadys for a while. Travis Canady (# 9 KCHS )is their 1st cousin, more like their Big Brother...next year at KNOX Central the panthers will have a set of Canady's and a set of Barger's...:rockon::rockon::rockon::Clap::Clap::Clap:
It's a family tradition!
I refuse to believe this is the same Patriots that played two weeks ago! Now I give Knox credit for a dominate performance, but the Patriots had to be over looking them or felt they didn't have to show, and they didn't their ride must have got off the bus in pineville! They practiced hard tonight so Coach Wood will have them back on track!
Patriot Wrote:I refuse to believe this is the same Patriots that played two weeks ago! Now I give Knox credit for a dominate performance, but the Patriots had to be over looking them or felt they didn't have to show, and they didn't their ride must have got off the bus in pineville! They practiced hard tonight so Coach Wood will have them back on track!
why would you overlook a team that you only beat by a 2pt conversion,that fumbled twice in scoring position and had the ball 1st and goal with less than 1 minute on your home field?
big blu 2 u Wrote:why would you overlook a team that you only beat by a 2pt conversion,that fumbled twice in scoring position d had the ball 1st and goal with less than 1 minute on your home field?

You said because they got beat! We beat the so they could have had it in their heads hey we beat these guys already. but I'm guessing it wasn't New Harlan's defense on the goal line stand that won the first game it was a mistake by knox that lost them the game!

Just two good teams getting the best of one another, just looks like knox's best
is 40 points better this time!
Patriot Wrote:You said because they got beat! We beat the so they could have had it in their heads hey we beat these guys already. but I'm guessing it wasn't New Harlan's defense on the goal line stand that won the first game it was a mistake by knox that lost them the game!

Just two good teams getting the best of one another, just looks like knox's best
is 40 points better this time!

New Harlan played great defense against KNOX in the first game , however you are correct about one thing, KNOX had 125 yards in mistakes, you cannot beat a team like New Harlan with that much in penalties...the second game KNOX only had about 35 yards in penalties big difference...plus they were healthy for the first time all year...what you saw Monday Night is what we have been expecting from this team....we wish New Harlan nothing but the best for the rest of their season....Good Luck Patriots:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:
Was this game played Monday?
gobigblue82 Wrote:was this game played monday?

yes----9-27-10---Monday

Bell plays at New Harlan To night. (9-30)

Whitley Co. plays at KNOX to night.(9-30)