Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (3) Boise State 37 - (24) Oregon State 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

:biggrin:

hope that oregon state player is alright after that nasty hit that he took. the announcers were saying that he was in lala land and walking up and down the side line looking for his helmet then his brother had to just tell him to go sit down
Congrats to Boise for beating another weak team..
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Congrats to Boise for beating another weak team..

i'm a Boise State Fan but i don't get why Oregon state was Ranked 24th when they have only won 1 Game against Looserville 35-28. Same Thing goes for Boise State, they don't have anyone on there schedule either.
They shouldn't be. I guess they had to because they played a somewhat close game with TCU to open the season and TCU is "supposed" to be a top 5 team? Who knows. I hate rankings anyways. I mean if the NFL had rankings the Vikings would be preseason ranked around 4. And then lost the first two games..
Ram Fan04 Wrote:They shouldn't be. I guess they had to because they played a somewhat close game with TCU to open the season and TCU is "supposed" to be a top 5 team? Who knows. I hate rankings anyways. I mean if the NFL had rankings the Vikings would be preseason ranked around 4. And then lost the first two games..

TCU has Air Force on there, There a pretty decent team, don't know if they can keep up with the Frogs or not
I just hope someone knocks off Boise to save them from an embarrassment they'll likely get in the BCS national championship game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I just hope someone knocks off Boise to save them from an embarrassment they'll likely get in the BCS national championship game.

Aint that the truth!
If Boise made it to the National Championship against an SEC team, this would be the one and only time I would root for a team against our conference...just so all of you would shut up.

You can tell by watching them play that they're skilled. We shall see.
I'd like to see Boise St in the Championship game. But only way it will happen is, if Bama or Ohio St gets knocked off
I'm not as hard on Boise St now as I was in the past. Yes, they are in a weak conference, but they did schedule Virginia Tech who is perennial top 10 program year in and year out. Boise State along with everyone else didn't know Virginia Tech was going to be down a little this year to start the season. After all, VT was ranked #10 in the AP and #6 in the USA Today preseason polls. So, Boise St has made an effort this year to play stiffer competition.

With saying that, I must say no, I'm not a Boise St fan. I hope they lose several games this year. And I'm not in favor of a playoff for the FBS. Boise St has a major advantage playing in their conference because they don't have to get up every week for tough games and aren't worn down during the season mentally and physically because of this.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:They shouldn't be. I guess they had to because they played a somewhat close game with TCU to open the season and TCU is "supposed" to be a top 5 team? Who knows. I hate rankings anyways. I mean if the NFL had rankings the Vikings would be preseason ranked around 4. And then lost the first two games..
True.
vundy33 Wrote:If Boise made it to the National Championship against an SEC team, this would be the one and only time I would root for a team against our conference...just so all of you would shut up.

You can tell by watching them play that they're skilled. We shall see.
I think were going to see a Bama/Boise St Championship. Of course I see Bama winning but Boise won't get embaressed.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Congrats to Boise for beating another weak team..

Oregon State is not a powerhouse but there definitely not a weak team. They was a game away from winning the Pac-10 last year and returned many key players.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I just hope someone knocks off Boise to save them from an embarrassment they'll likely get in the BCS national championship game.
Well, as much as I absolutely despise Ohio State, I hope they run the tables so we can have a Bama-OSU national championship game, OR I hope Oregon passes them on style points later on in the year. And, I hope Noisy State gets the SEC runner ups in the Sugar Bowl. Whoever they play in their BCS Bowl, I hope they get spanked without mercy.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, as much as I absolutely despise Ohio State, I hope they run the tables so we can have a Bama-OSU national championship game, OR I hope Oregon passes them on style points later on in the year. And, I hope Noisy State gets the SEC runner ups in the Sugar Bowl. Whoever they play in their BCS Bowl, I hope they get spanked without mercy.

OSU would just embarrass themselves again.
Aslan Wrote:OSU would just embarrass themselves again.

Well thats a given, lol..but at least they would earn their embarrassment. :biggrin:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, as much as I absolutely despise Ohio State, I hope they run the tables so we can have a Bama-OSU national championship game, OR I hope Oregon passes them on style points later on in the year. And, I hope Noisy State gets the SEC runner ups in the Sugar Bowl. Whoever they play in their BCS Bowl, I hope they get spanked without mercy.

I think Pryor will cost them a game before the season is over.
remember that everyone said boise st. didnt deserve to be in a bcs bowl game... until the beat oklahoma. up until last year boise st was a dangerous team with nothing to lose. no major school would play them because if they lost to boise st there would be no way that the team could get in the BCS and would drop like a stone in the rankings. dont think of it as a boise st wont play tough competition as much as tough competition wont play boise st. that being said they are being seen as a respectable team and you will start to see top tier teams play them. besides if you look at most of the top tier teams their non conference schedule is pretty pathetic as well. i will say though most of those teams play really tough conference schedules so weak NC schedules is not a huge deal.
Playoff system.... That is all.
scotty doesn't know Wrote:playoff system.... That is all.

a-m-e-n!!!
Iv never been a big fan of boise:dontthink