Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky @ Ole Miss 10/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky (3-1), Wins: Louisville 23-16, WKU 63-28, Akron 47-10 Loses: Florida (48-14)

Ole Miss (1-2) Wins: Tulane 27-13. Loses: Jacksonville State 49-48 (2 OT), Vanderbilt 28-14. (Beating Fresno State 41-24, Starting 4th Quarter)

Thoughts?
HUGE GAME. This is one of the must win games for the Cats to determine if they go bowling or not. But I say the Cats bounce back and squeak one out over Houston Nutts team, 34-28..
I believe UK is better but it is @ Ole Miss. It could go either way.
We've never faired well against a duel-threat quarterback.

I look for this game to back-and-fourth.
im looking for a shootout. 35-42 Cats
Game is in Oxford. Rebels beat us by 10. Sad
Hope UK takes it..but they wont.
If Ole Miss plays like they did last night against Fresno State, then they will beat us by 2 TD... We just don't have a defensive coordinator that makes adjustments during the game, Steve Brown only BLITZED Florida twice to make Brantley scramble and hurry his passes, it worked, however, we had stupid penalties that gave them another chance on 3rd down conversions to get off the field and we could not... We need a new Defensive Coordinator that's going to be aggressive and put pressure on teams offenses and we just don't have one now that will do this.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:We've never faired well against a duel-threat quarterback.

I look for this game to back-and-fourth.

Good point. A few friends and I was talking about this the other day. It's been an achilles heel for UK a long time.
Uk has the best SEC schedule possible, if they could just dump Hartline off in Russia somewhere and forget about him we could still have a good year.
We dont play Bama or LSU or Arkansas. If they are going to do anything at all this would be the year. I think every single game we have left is winnable, but with hartline and the fact that it is UK football, id say we make or miss a bowl by one game.
Now that the Florida game is over and it is obvious we have zero chance at making the SEC title game, why not bench Hartline and get newton or massokawski in? The season is done now, nobody cares about a liberty bowl appearance, so why not start getting these young kids ready for next year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Now that the Florida game is over and it is obvious we have zero chance at making the SEC title game, why not bench Hartline and get newton or massokawski in? The season is done now, nobody cares about a liberty bowl appearance, so why not start getting these young kids ready for next year.

We had zero chance of making the SEC title game BEFORE this game lol....
Let them get their experience the same way other underclassmen do.
Riding the bench and watching a senior start.
I would have hate to have seen what the youngsters would have looked like against UF.
Like mentioned many times before, this game in now HUGE for this Kentucky team and their dreams of making an above average bowl game. I think that Ole Miss has gone through their lows and have shown a little bit of an offensive side so we can hope that the SEC style defense will be enough to shut them down again. I will say the the Cats rebound and beats the Rebals 37-28.
This game determines if Kentucky plays on New Years Day or the day before in Nashville again...
I don't know what to think about this game. UK always loses a winnable game at least once a year, this game certainly is this type of game. I think if they lose this game they will lose to South Carolina, Auburn and probably Georgia. If they win this week, I think they could win 2 out of the next 3 games and have good season.
Navajo4life Wrote:This game determines if Kentucky plays on New Years Day or the day before in Nashville again...

I think your right.
This is UK's game of the year. UK really needs to win this one. Louisville is only going to get better, so the Cats need to start winning some of these toss-up games because UL will not be a guaranteed win for much longer. Those 7 wins every year will keep getting harder and harder.
As in a post above. I think this could go either way. I think UK is a little bit better but Its @ Ole Miss. UK is 2 1/2 underdog on the morning lines. I like UK+2.

UK-23
Ole Miss-17
zaga_fan Wrote:We had zero chance of making the SEC title game BEFORE this game lol....
I would have hate to have seen what the youngsters would have looked like against UF.

I think hartline has threw over 8 picks against florida the past 3 years,
Im going with Ole Miss by 2 td's.
zaga_fan Wrote:We had zero chance of making the SEC title game BEFORE this game lol....

LOL surely it couldnt have been to much worse than 48-14 zaga, until we can get a strong QB there is just no sense in even believeing UK will compete in the sec.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:LOL surely it couldnt have been to much worse than 48-14 zaga, until we can get a strong QB there is just no sense in even believeing UK will compete in the sec.

It can't be too much worse than 48-14 lol
but....
2009 41-7
2008 63-5
Ole Miss' will be to much for the Wildcats.

48-35
Cats by 3
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Uk has the best SEC schedule possible, if they could just dump Hartline off in Russia somewhere and forget about him we could still have a good year.
We dont play Bama or LSU or Arkansas. If they are going to do anything at all this would be the year. I think every single game we have left is winnable, but with hartline and the fact that it is UK football, id say we make or miss a bowl by one game.

Well, I'm certainly happy that the UK coaching staff doesn't have the same thought pattern that you have. Hartline is a different player. He has been as consistant as anyone as of late. Granted, he had two picks, but there were also several dropped passes, and I dont know how many stupid penalties. Without Hartline we lose at Louisville, simple as that.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Now that the Florida game is over and it is obvious we have zero chance at making the SEC title game, why not bench Hartline and get newton or massokawski in? The season is done now, nobody cares about a liberty bowl appearance, so why not start getting these young kids ready for next year.

Beacause those last 8 games mean nothing.... Do you even read what your typing before you post it? This is the most ludacris comment I have ever read. I don't know whats obvious about anything; other than the Eastern division being very weak, and with a probable Florida loss next week to Bama, we are ALL sitting with 1 or more loss.

These are the kind of attitudes that I pray the players in Blue never hear about. Because you are a minority.
Yoter00 Wrote:Well, I'm certainly happy that the UK coaching staff doesn't have the same thought pattern that you have. Hartline is a different player. He has been as consistant as anyone as of late. Granted, he had two picks, but there were also several dropped passes, and I dont know how many stupid penalties. Without Hartline we lose at Louisville, simple as that.

Beacause those last 8 games mean nothing.... Do you even read what your typing before you post it? This is the most ludacris comment I have ever read. I don't know whats obvious about anything; other than the Eastern division being very weak, and with a probable Florida loss next week to Bama, we are ALL sitting with 1 or more loss.

These are the kind of attitudes that I pray the players in Blue never hear about. Because you are a minority.

Dear Mr.I think that even though I only have 9 posts I can tell people they are "ludicris" for thinking UK won't be in the SEC championship game,

If you think UK has a shot at winning the SEC east....
you may be the most ludicrous(it's spelled different than the rapper's nameWink ) poster on here.
Yoter00 Wrote:Well, I'm certainly happy that the UK coaching staff doesn't have the same thought pattern that you have. Hartline is a different player. He has been as consistant as anyone as of late. Granted, he had two picks, but there were also several dropped passes, and I dont know how many stupid penalties. Without Hartline we lose at Louisville, simple as that.

You have never been to a UK game then have you?

The fans boo hartline. The students scream mike you suck. Hartline has been consistent against horrible defenses, and as most of us said, When we played a SEC defense he would crumble. Right along with Joker and his conservative coaches.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You have never been to a UK game then have you?

The fans boo hartline. The students scream mike you suck. Hartline has been consistent against horrible defenses, and as most of us said, When we played a SEC defense he would crumble. Right along with Joker and his conservative coaches.

If UK wants to have a good football program they are going to need to bring in a coach that knows how to win and has done it before.
Joker hasn't done awful or anything, he's just not going to turn the program around.
Hopefully in a few years we will be better than the Music City Bowl lol
^lol
zaga_fan Wrote:If UK wants to have a good football program they are going to need to bring in a coach that knows how to win and has done it before.
Joker hasn't done awful or anything, he's just not going to turn the program around.
Hopefully in a few years we will be better than the Music City Bowl lol

I agree. Joker is just rich brooks in another body. Yes they can get you 2 a bowl game. But kentucky fans like to win more and more. UK has got the money, go get a big time coach and let him recruit some big players.
Pages: 1 2