Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #9 Florida 48 Kentucky 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky gets manhandled by Florida, again.

True freshman, Troy Burton scores 6 TDs for the Gators.
i didn't see this game but i heard it was ugly.

hope the Cats can beat the Rebels Next Saturday!
This is why I don't get my hopes up. To most on this site, this outcome has to come as a surprise! Reading through the prediction thread you would of thought UK was favored in this game. Also I thought UK wasn't supposed to get beat by 20 or more Big Grin.
Hopefully they bounce back next week against Ole Miss. There down from last year but it's going to be tough to win there.
Offensively, Hartline had about a split second to get rid of the ball or he was sacked. Florida defenders were in the backfield all night long. Our offensive line was left standing still several times from Florida defenders blowing by them. Hartline still made some good decisions when he had time. He made a few mistakes, but I don't think he played a bad game at all with the amount of pressure that was put on him the entire game.

Defensively, no one, absolutely no one on our defense had a positive game. We were manhandled upfront by a very physical offensive line and our secondary was eaten alive on the simplest passing plays known to man. Screens, dump passes, and crossing routes is all Florida did the whole game. Never had to take a shot down field because receivers were wide open the entire game. In the redzone, we knew who was going to run the ball, but we couldn't even touch the true freshman, Burton.

IMO, Steve Brown either needs to make some changes to his defensive play-calling or hit the road. For years now we've been eaten alive in man coverage. The man defense does alright against the run, but when you have spread UK out, you've beaten us. Look at the results ever since Brown took over for Archer, the spread teams we play we simply cannot stop.

The difference in talent between these two teams was clearly obvious tonight. I hope that our team can just move on from this and take care of business next week.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Offensively, Hartline had about a split second to get rid of the ball or he was sacked. Florida defenders were in the backfield all night long. Our offensive line was left standing still several times from Florida defenders blowing by them. Hartline still made some good decisions when he had time. He made a few mistakes, but I don't think he played a bad game at all with the amount of pressure that was put on him the entire game.

Defensively, no one, absolutely no one on our defense had a positive game. We were manhandled upfront by a very physical offensive line and our secondary was eaten alive on the simplest passing plays known to man. Screens, dump passes, and crossing routes is all Florida did the whole game. Never had to take a shot down field because receivers were wide open the entire game. In the redzone, we knew who was going to run the ball, but we couldn't even touch the true freshman, Burton.

IMO, Steve Brown either needs to make some changes to his defensive play-calling or hit the road. For years now we've been eaten alive in man coverage. The man defense does alright against the run, but when you have spread UK out, you've beaten us. Look at the results ever since Brown took over for Archer, the spread teams we play we simply cannot stop.

The difference in talent between these two teams was clearly obvious tonight. I hope that our team can just move on from this and take care of business next week.

I agree that the difference in talent was obvious. Urban Meyer has had so many good recruiting classes that their talent is light years ahead of ours. Im not sure if their was anything that Brown could have done though. I dont think it mattered what defensive scheme he would have called, they still would have whipped UK
I'm not surprised at all that Florida won. UK's defense looked bad at Louisville and at home against WKU. Florida has a whole lot better athletes not to mention coaching. Plus they were playing in the Swamp. A lot of times I think we are blinded by our passion for our teams and fail to see the glaring weaknesses that others see. In other words our favorite teams are a lot like a girlfriend. We don't see their faults. That is until we marry them.
Never fails. Anytime Florida is on the schedule, UK looks like a deer in the headlights.
Trey Burton was a beast last night with 6 total TD's which is very impressive who ever they play. Congrats to Florida on the win, going to be a verrrrry tough test next week going up against the defending champs next week, as for Kentucky, going to be a tough road test at Ole Miss, hopefully the team gets motivated and can bounce back.
O-Line got tested and got pushed around all night long. D line got blown off the ball. Corners were jamming and getting beat on crossing routes (which is all FLA had to do). OLB and DE were not turning the runs back in. Which results in a disaster Hartline, Locke and WR did a pretty nice job but those were the only bright spots.

Scary thing is if a freshman can do what he did against us just think about what our Pac10 transfer/foe is going to do against us this week. Thank God though their D isnt even nearly as good as UFs
I actually picked the cats to win this game. Take away #8 (Burton) and I think we pull it out. LOL!! BTW- #8 scored every TD for both teams? Future trivia question??
Are defense has looked horrible all year. And Are offensive play calling was so conservative i thought bush was the new offensive coordinator.
3rd and 5 on the first to drives and you run the ball against this defense?
Still can't die happy lol.
I don't see us beating Florida anytime soon as long as they recruit the way that they have been the past 4 to 5 years and if the coaching staff doesn't take more chances. Like WildcatK23 said, they are way to conservative to beat a team of that caliber. They let a true freshman make them look like a bunch of panzies. That and Hartline makes stupid decisions in big games. Has done it his whole career (expect against U of L). I just dont understand why Morgan Newton isn't starting? He is a better dual threat by far and gives UK a better chance to win. Joker is hurting his future by not letting him gain experience this season. Hartline may be a senior but he doesn't have much talent and giving Newton the spot would just make him better for the next few years
OUCH!! I guess I should have saw this coming but I really though this would be the year that the Cats had a chance!
^ Same here, how did this happen!!! lol
I'm telling you guys....
this wasn't the year lol
I was watching UK LBs getting manhandled on blocks by UF WRs.
Our D did absolutely nothing and there was no way anyone could have favored UK in this game.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm telling you guys....
this wasn't the year lol
Our D did absolutely nothing and there was no way anyone could have favored UK in this game.

Oh there's a way..
It's called being true to your state :biggrin:
One thing that hurt the most to me is that it SEEMED as if Urban Meyer never took the foot off the gas. The game was well in hand and they were still driving it down the field. I am not faulting him for that but I would love to see a scoring summary, because I bet that many of the scores came in the 4th quarter.

It felt like more of a 34-14 game as opposed to a 48-14 game. Call me crazy, I can take it.
LWC Wrote:One thing that hurt the most to me is that it SEEMED as if Urban Meyer never took the foot off the gas. The game was well in hand and they were still driving it down the field. I am not faulting him for that but I would love to see a scoring summary, because I bet that many of the scores came in the 4th quarter.

It felt like more of a 34-14 game as opposed to a 48-14 game. Call me crazy, I can take it.

That's Urban Meyer for you. He doesn't usually let up on anybody when the Gators have a comfortable lead. Plus, I suppose this was his first chance of the season to try and impress the Top 25 voters with a lopsided win. I'm thinking he'll receive some payback this weekend against Alabama.
this wasn't the year lol

I can't believe so many ppl said, "this is the year" b4 the game lol.
this wasn't the year lol

Apparently! lol
Ballers Wrote:Oh there's a way..
It's called being true to your state :biggrin:

If being true to your state means being blind to the facts I'll pass on it:igiveup:
LWC Wrote:One thing that hurt the most to me is that it SEEMED as if Urban Meyer never took the foot off the gas. The game was well in hand and they were still driving it down the field. I am not faulting him for that but I would love to see a scoring summary, because I bet that many of the scores came in the 4th quarter.

That made it feel more like a 50-0 game for me lol
I was not really expecting them to win against the Gators down in the Swamp. I did actually expect a lil more of a game from the Cats and this leaves a lot to be desired from various positions. Take the medicine, get back to the practice field, and study up for the game you are actually suppose to win. This Ole Miss game in Oxford in now the main focus and can be a big game if UK wants to make it to 8 wins. The Florida loss is just a loss in the schedule and doesnt define the season or anything.Still pretty exciting to see the cats go into a game like that with so much hype.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Never fails. Anytime Florida is on the schedule, UK looks like a deer in the headlights.

LOL which is every year. Florida may win 25 more before UK beats them.....if then, we might all be long gone before it happens..
zaga_fan Wrote:If being true to your state means being blind to the facts I'll pass on it:igiveup:

Agreed, I don't know what "Being True to your state" has anything to do with being a sports fan. There is zero validity in that thinking.