Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 38, Greenup Co. 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Valley dominated the game through out, I think this win should easily put Valley as a contender and one of the top teams in the state. The state playoffs will be interesting this year. Any comments or thoughts?
Yea what division is Shelby Valley in, or what middle school are they??
Congratulations SV . Greenup lost their coach last week,which caused us to lose a lot of our starting players. We have a fill in coach right now that doesn't know the offense or the players all he knows is give the ball to the same running back every play. You can't win ball games like that. We also have a new defensive coach who doesn't have much knowledge of football in general but is a pretty good kid . I am not making excuses just wanted to let you in on our football crisis. You guys have a very good team keep up the good work down there.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:Congratulations SV . Greenup lost their coach last week,which caused us to lose a lot of our starting players. We have a fill in coach right now that doesn't know the offense or the players all he knows is give the ball to the same running back every play. You can't win ball games like that. We also have a new defensive coach who doesn't have much knowledge of football in general but is a pretty good kid . I am not making excuses just wanted to let you in on our football crisis. You guys have a very good team keep up the good work down there.
What happened to coach?
I believe 7 8th graders didn't even show up for the game for GC.
I believe they are D1 or D2. There football team is combined by Virgie and Dorton but only few play from Dorton. When is the state playoffs anyways? Do you have to be invited or do you have to sign up?
You have to be a member of the KYMSFA and had to have your fees in by Sept 15th. You have to qualify for the state tourney by either points or winning or runner ups in your conference. Winner and runner ups are automatically eligible, then if you different divisions they are eligible if they have points to make it. Lets say that there are 10 teams in the conference and all are division 1 with eception of a division 2 and a division 3 school. If there is a conference championship and it was played between two division 1 schools then the winner and runner up is eligible. Then if you have a division 2 school that sat in third place they would go to the division 2 playoffs and then you have 1- division 3 school that has a win against a larger school, then the division 3 school could also qualify for the state playoffs. SO win your conference and you go, place second in your conference and GO, If you are the best ranked division 2 school and you happen to be in third, YOU GO. And of course if youare a division 3 school and you can win against these big schools and get points, you can go too.
You get 30 pionts for beating a division 1 school.
20 points for beating a division 2 school.
10 points for defeating a division 3 school.
If you pad your schedule with small division 3 schools you get less points toward the playoffs.
ManofGOD Wrote:You have to be a member of the KYMSFA and had to have your fees in by Sept 15th. You have to qualify for the state tourney by either points or winning or runner ups in your conference. Winner and runner ups are automatically eligible, then if you different divisions they are eligible if they have points to make it. Lets say that there are 10 teams in the conference and all are division 1 with eception of a division 2 and a division 3 school. If there is a conference championship and it was played between two division 1 schools then the winner and runner up is eligible. Then if you have a division 2 school that sat in third place they would go to the division 2 playoffs and then you have 1- division 3 school that has a win against a larger school, then the division 3 school could also qualify for the state playoffs. SO win your conference and you go, place second in your conference and GO, If you are the best ranked division 2 school and you happen to be in third, YOU GO. And of course if youare a division 3 school and you can win against these big schools and get points, you can go too.
You get 30 pionts for beating a division 1 school.
20 points for beating a division 2 school.
10 points for defeating a division 3 school.
If you pad your schedule with small division 3 schools you get less points toward the playoffs.
Okay i see, based on this do you think Valley has qualified?
Are they part of the KYMSFA?? If yes then I would say MOS DEF!!
ManofGOD Wrote:Are they part of the KYMSFA?? If yes then I would say MOS DEF!!

Well i have no idea if they are or not lol? How would I find out or do you know? Cause i do believe if Valley entered in this they would do very well depending on what division they are on which idk how to find that out either i would say either D3 or D2.:please:
Male enrollment
200 and above division 1
100-200 division 2
100 and below division 3

I think?? KNighted would know more about this
ManofGOD Wrote:Male enrollment
200 and above division 1
100-200 division 2
100 and below division 3

Well Shelby Valley is a middle school football team combined by Virgie and Dorton. So i would say They are either D1 or D2.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:Congratulations SV . Greenup lost their coach last week,which caused us to lose a lot of our starting players. We have a fill in coach right now that doesn't know the offense or the players all he knows is give the ball to the same running back every play. You can't win ball games like that. We also have a new defensive coach who doesn't have much knowledge of football in general but is a pretty good kid . I am not making excuses just wanted to let you in on our football crisis. You guys have a very good team keep up the good work down there.
when you have 3 RBls hurt, who the heck is he supposed to give it to?
ManofGOD Wrote:Male enrollment
200 and above division 1
100-200 division 2
100 and below division 3

Barrel is on the board ( vice pres I think). Spencer Co. man. He would b the person to P.M.
Greenup had all three rb's on the feild at the Boyd County game and still one rb got the ball. It's not the new coach's fault, he just doesn't know any better. The best thing for us now is to just look towards next year,there is not much hope for this one. We can't compete with the current teams in our broken situation,we went from being one of the top teams straight to the bottom. I just hope these kids return for next year after all that has happened,they have already stopped showing up this year.
The loss of Reese Dillon for the season to a shoulder injury back against Raceland a couple weeks ago was huge. He wasn't in the backfield or in his corner spot against Boyd County and you could really tell we missed him.
Reese Dillon was a stud in that game from what I hear, heard that he made 18 tackles in that game. !!!!! Hate to hear about his injury, he is a good kid and comes from a great family. Alot of class in that family, alot of class!!
Kosar Wrote:when you have 3 RBls hurt, who the heck is he supposed to give it to?

Maybe they are hurt because they have to play six games a week or the coach will call the names and make fun of them and call them sissies.
ManofGOD Wrote:Reese Dillon was a stud in that game from what I hear, heard that he made 18 tackles in that game. !!!!! Hate to hear about his injury, he is a good kid and comes from a great family. Alot of class in that family, alot of class!!

Yes......He should become a Ram before it's too late.
Steelermatt Wrote:The loss of Reese Dillon for the season to a shoulder injury back against Raceland a couple weeks ago was huge. He wasn't in the backfield or in his corner spot against Boyd County and you could really tell we missed him.

Better make the move before it's too late.
If Valley is as good as Ive heard, they might be a sleeper team in the State Title run. :blabbermo
GameBreaker Wrote:If Valley is as good as Ive heard, they might be a sleeper team in the State Title run. :blabbermo
They are probably as good as you've heard, but i don't know if they applied to play in the state tournament. I'm sure if they did though they would compete very well. They would be in D2.