Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro vs Corbin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is you'r predictions on the outcome of this game.
Sportsman105 Wrote:What is you'r predictions on the outcome of this game.

I would take Corbin 22 - Middlesboro 12
Im picking Corbin to win it only cause I watched them play this year but I think Middlesboro will make Corbin keep their starters in the entire game.

BTW Sportsman you predicted Lexington Catholic by 14 over Bell and that prediction looked good until they scored on a 4th and long with 1:03 left in the game. So........ whats you prediction for Corbin vs Middlesboro?
Thanks. And Im gonna have to take middlesboro, I think there just to quick. Middlesboro 22 Corbin 16. Good luck to both teams. And how did that williamsburg and corbin game turn out today.
Knighted, you do know Middlesboro is playing Corbin's 7th grade and B team 8th graders on Monday right? Williamsburg is playing Corbin's 8th on Monday.
Why would they do that. there defanitley gonna get beat now unless there 7th grade team is amzing.
Old_Jacket Wrote:Knighted, you do know Middlesboro is playing Corbin's 7th grade and B team 8th graders on Monday right? Williamsburg is playing Corbin's 8th on Monday.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info. In that case I have no choice but to take Middlesboro by 22.
I didn't know that either so im gonna have to go with you Middlesboro by 22.
Sportsman105 Wrote:Why would they do that. there defanitley gonna get beat now unless there 7th grade team is amzing.

Williamsburg and Middlesboro both only have a mixed 7th/8th grade team so Corbin would have had to play one of the teams like this. And my guess would be because Williamsburg beat Middlesboro in a head to head contest corbin decided it would be best for the 8th grade to play Williamsburg and go with a mixed line up against Middlesboro.
I don't think there a better team then Middlesboro I was at that game. It was coaching mistakes that made them loose that night.
You agreed with me about Jackson making excuses on another thread. Don't be a hypocrite. I saw the game myself, and yes their were coaching mistakes on both ends, but Williamsburg is a very good team and it showed that night (34-20). They made plays and Middlesboro couldn't. I do like Middlesboro and I'm proud the way they have represented our county. But I disagree that Middlesboro is the better team.
Well i guess we will see in the conference championship
Middlesboro is a very talented team and is 6-1 for the season. The loss to Williamsburg was the first game of the season and four of the starters for Middlesboro were taken out of the game due to leg cramps. I was at this game and the score was tied 20 to 20 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when Middlesboro had to pull those players. I feel that had they been in better shape, Middlesboro would be undefeated. They have come a long way since then and I think Middlesboro will come out as the champions. Not to take anything away from Williamsburg, they are a good team as well, but the final game will show the better of the two teams.
mrboro Wrote:Middlesboro is a very talented team and is 6-1 for the season. The loss to Williamsburg was the first game of the season and four of the starters for Middlesboro were taken out of the game due to leg cramps. I was at this game and the score was tied 20 to 20 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when Middlesboro had to pull those players. I feel that had they been in better shape, Middlesboro would be undefeated. They have come a long way since then and I think Middlesboro will come out as the champions. Not to take anything away from Williamsburg, they are a good team as well, but the final game will show the better of the two teams.

You really like to make excuses, but you fail to mention that if you do play Williamsburg again they will be playing without there starting RB and possibly best athlete who suffered a season ending injury in the game vs. Middlesboro.
mrboro Wrote:Middlesboro is a very talented team and is 6-1 for the season. The loss to Williamsburg was the first game of the season and four of the starters for Middlesboro were taken out of the game due to leg cramps. I was at this game and the score was tied 20 to 20 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when Middlesboro had to pull those players. I feel that had they been in better shape, Middlesboro would be undefeated. They have come a long way since then and I think Middlesboro will come out as the champions. Not to take anything away from Williamsburg, they are a good team as well, but the final game will show the better of the two teams.

Which 4 starters went out? What were their numbers? I remember the cramps on both sides, but I don't remember anyone going and staying out.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You really like to make excuses, but you fail to mention that if you do play Williamsburg again they will be playing without there starting RB and possibly best athlete who suffered a season ending injury in the game vs. Middlesboro.
There are no excuses, the Middlesboro team was out of shape and it showed in the last few minutes of play. It is unfortunate for any team to have a player with a season ending injury. We all want the safety and well being of our players to be top priority. That being said, all players make up a team and one injury is no excuse for how a team plays as a whole. The injury you are referring to occured in the last minute of the game I believe. No doubt about it, Williamsburg earned the win and outplayed Middlesboro that game.It is, however; a bit of a different story when the whole team is out of shape. Anyway, one game is no indicator of a teams potential, may the best teams win.
BobCatFan#1 Wrote:Which 4 starters went out? What were their numbers? I remember the cramps on both sides, but I don't remember anyone going and staying out.
You are correct, none of the starters with cramps stayed out as a whole for the remainder of the game. I think they were, Edwards QB, Uhl RB, Frazier and maybe Brock RB. Not sure about Brock. They did come back in but not all together, they put in some 7th graders to finish the game out and put some back in that were able to play. I believe Uhl and Edwards came back in the last minute but not Frazier. Williamsburg played the better game that day and they were also in better shape. Didnt know both teams were having cramping problems though.