Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 16 Bell Co. 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lexington Catholic's 8th grade held a solid Bell Co. team scoreless until 1:03 left in the game has Bell Co. converted on 4th and long on a jump ball in the end zone. My hats off to Bell Co. though as they kept Lex Cath's high scoring offense off the field by chewing up the clock with their ball control running attack. Catholic ran just 4 offensive plays in the 3rd quarter and we received the kickoff in the 2nd half. Lex Cath's QB had to work hard to find his receivers has he threw for 2 TDs and 173 yds passing on 15 for 23 attempts.

Bell Co. is the toughest, most physical team we have played to date this year.
It was a tough, tough game out there this afternoon. I was impressed with Bell's defense, but even more impressed with the play of LC's offensive line....They were not 100%, but they gave their QB everything that they had. Congrats to LC, and i give a ton of credit to the Bell Co. players and coaches!
It was a tough, tough game this afternoon. I was very impressed by Bell Co's defense, but even MORE impressed with the play of LC's o-line. Bell Co was a strong team and they left it all on the field. LC's line was not 100% but they still did a great job giving their QB time. Bell will be a tough team to beat in the playoffs for any team. LC congrats on the big win!!!
Congrats to LC.
Knighted you keep saying Bell Scored on a long jump ball late in the game, But actually they had 1st and goal on the seven after driving down the field after Lex Cath scored on a long jump ball from about the 20 0n 4th down with about 3 min to go. Bell's coroner back and Lex Cath reciever both came down with the ball and by rule it goes to the offense. Not making excuses but the officiating was a little lopsided, every time Bell would get a good drive started the flags would fly. Someone told me that bell had over 150 yds of penaltys too Lex Cath 3 total penaltys, Not making excuses because Lex Cath has a good team but just saying very close game that could go either way very easily. Bell moved the ball all day from 20 to 20 but just could not get a break and score.
CatBlue Wrote:Knighted you keep saying Bell Scored on a long jump ball late in the game, But actually they had 1st and goal on the seven after driving down the field after Lex Cath scored on a long jump ball from about the 20 0n 4th down with about 3 min to go. Bell's coroner back and Lex Cath reciever both came down with the ball and by rule it goes to the offense. Not making excuses but the officiating was a little lopsided, every time Bell would get a good drive started the flags would fly. Someone told me that bell had over 150 yds of penaltys too Lex Cath 3 total penaltys, Not making excuses because Lex Cath has a good team but just saying very close game that could go either way very easily. Bell moved the ball all day from 20 to 20 but just could not get a break and score.

Well if you want to get down to the nitty gritty. We scored on a 7 yard touch down pass with 2:09 left in the game. We then went into a prevent defense and Bell Co. moved the ball down to our 12 where on 4th down with 1:03 left in the game, your QB made a high throw which ended up a jump ball and from the film i looked at (which was on the same side of the catch) both the LB and the WR came down with it. Tie goes to the offense, just like it did on our last TD. Penalities were lop sided but when a team commits more infractions that the other then thats how it is. Thing is.... Lex Cath is not anybodies favorite (especially in this area) so this is the first time this year someone had more flags than we did. But the officials are not suppposed to make the flags work out even..... just call it as they see it.

It was a very close game reguardless. We had 240 yds of offense and Bell had 172.
OK????? Like I said no excuses.
It might have seemed like LCath got all the calls but Bell did it to themselves. The backbreaker for Bell came when they broke a long one and got called for clipping. They then taunted the LCath player that was hurt on the clip and go tan unsportmanslike flag. Too many errors for any team
Not true, He for sure did not get called for taughting a player he got called for saying something to the ref for throwing the flag. He should have not said anything to the ref but it was not for taughting, The same ref that was on your side that called everything against Bell. Listen guys I am not complaining, thats just part of the game when you go on the road, you have to be able to overcome the calls and play football, Like i said before Bell is struggling to get going on offense since they lost the stud runningback. The kids enjoyed the trip and Lex Cath is a first class place so all i can say is good luck to you all the rest of the season. We play New Harlan this week, so maybe we can get it going again and get on a roll for the playoffs.
CatBlue Wrote:Not true, He for sure did not get called for taughting a player he got called for saying something to the ref for throwing the flag. He should have not said anything to the ref but it was not for taughting, The same ref that was on your side that called everything against Bell. Listen guys I am not complaining, thats just part of the game when you go on the road, you have to be able to overcome the calls and play football, Like i said before Bell is struggling to get going on offense since they lost the stud runningback. The kids enjoyed the trip and Lex Cath is a first class place so all i can say is good luck to you all the rest of the season. We play New Harlan this week, so maybe we can get it going again and get on a roll for the playoffs.

I wish you guys good luck and I hope you have a successful season from here on out. Bell Co. has a very good team and when I asked my son if the Bell Co. boys talked any smack to him he replied "no, they were all pretty cool". That's a good sign in my book.
That team ( Bell Co. ) was VERY physical. Lex Cath just made the plays when it counted. Good luck to both on the state tourney....