Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence @ Verity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
From what I have been reading I guess this game could have some playoff implications. The Lawrence County 8th grade team has lost to Greenup and Johnson Central. I am told that the LC/Verity game is the last regular season game. What playoff scenarios are determined by this game?
1-2 in conference at least,, Verity is Div 2, Lawrence is Div 1, Greenup has 2 losses-Boyd Raceland. Raceland has 2 losses Verity,Lawrence. Verity has 1 loss to Greenup. Lawrence has one loss to Greenup. If Verity wins, they have 1 loss and Raceland, Greenup and Lawrence have 2, with losses head to head against each other. If Lawrence wins that gives Verity 2 losses with losses to teams who have losses head to head. So in short. Have fun figuring this one OUT!!!
When do they play???
Tuesday
The Louisa Middle school is listed as a division 2 school.
Have a great game Dawgs!!!!
Well if Louisa Middle school is listed as a division 2 team then this game makes all the difference inthe world. Verity and LC are both division 2 teams and no matter what the outcome of this game. They will have to play inthe first round against each other if htey are the 1-2 seed. Not only that but if Lawrence and Verity are 1-2 in conference then they will play as follows. 1. last regular season game, 2. play the conference championship game,3. Will play the first round of the playoffs as both are listed as Division 2 teams. So there is a good chance that they will play each other 3 games ina row!!!!!!! Which ones mean the most, regular season, conference championship or making it to state!!! Thats a hard schedule to play, no matter who you are!!!!
Verity played a hard, emotional, and brave game tonight. The players and coaches should be commended on all of their hard work during a season full of injuries, discipline problems, and various other obstacles. Those players that worked hard all season, gave 110% of their heart and soul, pushed themselves to get their grades up, and remained loyal to their team deserve all of our respect and admiration. We need to also remember that the coaching staff eats, sleeps, and breathes football during the season. They dedicate countless hours to these boys not because it's a job, but because they love these boys and this team. It's easy to criticize these coaches when you're sitting in the stands, but please remember that these men are taking time away from their own families and dedicating it to yours.

As for Lawrence County-congratulations on a well played game. Your legitimate 8th grade players should be very pround of their performance. However, your establishment should be ashamed of themselves for allowing several hold back players to compete on this level. This has never been fair and never will be. It's as bad as playing an 8th graders against 7th grade players. If a child is held back at Verity for any reason (academics, maturity, behavior, etc.) they are not allowed to compete that next year in any sport. I am proud of our integrity on this issue and I think other schools should follow our example. The playing field should be even in matters regarding age and grade level.
Score???
Lawrence 30-Verity 20
I am from Lawrence County and I don't know of any kids on the 8th grade team that are holdbacks. Several of the kids on that team are 7th graders(a few of the seventh graders are holdbacks)
As for you not liking holdbacks, that is your perrogative. If a kid starts school too early then they should be able to correct it. That is why there is a rule that allows that. If you don't like that rule then you can take that up with the KHSAA. You guys seem to be in constant communication with them on everything else.
Actually it is my understanding that the KHSAA has no control over middle school sports at all-only high school sports (hence their title). Which is why this kind of thing happens on the middle school level all the time. It would just be nice if other schools would voluntarily upgrade their standards to keep things fair. I'm not going to be specific with student names, but we played at least a couple of these boys on the 8th grade level last year so they should be freshmen this year. I'm sure the outcome of tonight's game would have been different if we has just one or two key holdbacks from our team last year.
Great win for the Dawgs...Way to go LMS!
Good game. Verity was bigger and faster but the LC defense played inspired. At least twice Verity had 4th and long in their own side of the field and elected not to punt and turned the ball over due to great defensive effort. My opinion this was the deciding factor in this game.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Good game. Verity was bigger and faster but the LC defense played inspired. At least twice Verity had 4th and long in their own side of the field and elected not to punt and turned the ball over due to great defensive effort. My opinion this was the deciding factor in this game.

Bigger and faster? No disrespect intended, but were you even at the game? I don't think anyone that was there could honestly utter the statement that Verity was bigger than LC. That would be like JC complaining that you all were bigger than them last week (and yes I was at that game).

As for going for it on 4th down, we had a nearly 70 yard touchdown run from #32 on a 4th and long in our own territory. I don't find much to criticize with playing gutsy football. I would think us being outsized by LC's offensive and defensive line and a couple of stupid mistakes on our part much more decisive in our loss. We could play again and it easily go the other way just like with our loss to GC.
SO now who is in the NEKC championship game?
Verity has 2 losses Greenup and LC
Raceland has 2 losses Verity and LC.
Greenup has 3 losses Verity and Raceland, Boyd
Boyd has 3 losses Verity, Raceland and Lawrence
Has Lawrence had any losses in conference?
if not that would put Lawrence in against Verity at Lawrence Co.. I think??
Greenup has 2 conference losses to Raceland and Boyd. They beat Verity.
Lawrence has 1 conference loss to Greenup
ManofGOD Wrote:SO now who is in the NEKC championship game?
Verity has 2 losses Greenup and LC
Raceland has 2 losses Verity and LC.
Greenup has 3 losses Verity and Raceland, Boyd
Boyd has 3 losses Verity, Raceland and Lawrence
Has Lawrence had any losses in conference?
if not that would put Lawrence in against Verity at Lawrence Co.. I think??

GC 8th beat Verity

I don't know how it'll work.
Steelermatt Wrote:Greenup has 2 conference losses to Raceland and Boyd. They beat Verity.
Lawrence has 1 conference loss to Greenup

Does anyone know the remainng schedule for Greenup, Lawrence and Verity? I know Verity comes to Lexington Catholic this Saturday but is there any conference games left?
GC finishes at Rowan County this Saturday for an out of conference game. I am pretty sure the NEKC conference regular season is complete.

Lawrence Co. has 1 loss to Greenup Co.
Verity has 2 losses to Lawrence Co. and Greenup Co.
Raceland has 2 losses to Lawrence Co. and Verity
Greenup Co. has 2 losses to Raceland and Boyd Co.
Boyd Co. has 3 losses to Lawrence Co., Raceland and Verity
Not sure if East Carter won any
Thanks MATT, trying to figure it all out and thanks for the update. This is gonna be confusing, and intersting.
Well it may look like GREENUP will play Lawrence Co, if the math is correct, for the Conference Championship!!
ManofGOD Wrote:Well it may look like GREENUP will play Lawrence Co, if the math is correct, for the Conference Championship!!
Does it matter if Greenup is listed as a D1 and Louisa Middle is a D2?
I have no clue what the tie breaker is beyond the number of conference losses. The top 2 teams in the conference of the the 6 teams will play for the NEKC conference championship regardless of division for the state playoffs. Lawrence Co. is in the game for sure. The second team will be decided by whatever tie breaker system the conference has in place.
Latest POLLS show that the game will be between..............................DRUMMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawence County and VERITY, GEE who would have thought that would happen, Apparenlty it is going to go on points allowed and Verity is the first in line to play out of the 2 losses bracket,, GO FIGURE!!!!

Anyway, everyone who complained about playing LC will have to play them again,,, for the Conference championship and then again in the first round of the STATE PLAYOFFS, due to both schools being Division 2!!!

Good luck to both schools in this SHOOTOUT.
So Verity and LC will end up playing three times?
The NEKC championship game will be Verity vs Lawrence at LC. LC is the regular season champion with only one conference loss. Verity, Raceland, and Greenup are tied with two conference losses each. The tie breaker in place for the conference is points allowed so the emphasis is on defense and not running up the score. Verity had the fewest points scored against them this season so that puts them in the Championship game. The game date as of now is October 9th and the time has yet to be determined.

Does LC play again before the 9th? Verity is at LexCath this weekend.

Good luck and prayers for both teams to have safe and successful games.
1. Regular season game
2. NEKC Championship game
3. Dision 2 state playoffs

So yes it looks that way
Gatti-Ward Wrote:Actually it is my understanding that the KHSAA has no control over middle school sports at all-only high school sports (hence their title). Which is why this kind of thing happens on the middle school level all the time. It would just be nice if other schools would voluntarily upgrade their standards to keep things fair. I'm not going to be specific with student names, but we played at least a couple of these boys on the 8th grade level last year so they should be freshmen this year. I'm sure the outcome of tonight's game would have been different if we has just one or two key holdbacks from our team last year.
well there are 2 holdbacks on the 8th grade team and yes these 2 did play on the 8th grade last year,but as 7th graders. Neither of these boys were held back in middle school. 1 of the boys took 2nd grade twice and the other took 5th twice. So as for "Verity's Rule" these two boys are legit.
LC does not have any more games scheduled.
Gatti-Ward Wrote:Bigger and faster? No disrespect intended, but were you even at the game? I don't think anyone that was there could honestly utter the statement that Verity was bigger than LC. That would be like JC complaining that you all were bigger than them last week (and yes I was at that game).

As for going for it on 4th down, we had a nearly 70 yard touchdown run from #32 on a 4th and long in our own territory. I don't find much to criticize with playing gutsy football. I would think us being outsized by LC's offensive and defensive line and a couple of stupid mistakes on our part much more decisive in our loss. We could play again and it easily go the other way just like with our loss to GC.
My point exactly. #32 out ran everybody on the LC defense. He was way faster than anybody LC had. Like you say Verity should have an easy time at LC on Oct. 9th.
Pages: 1 2 3