Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Should UK Let Kanter Play?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even if the NCAA clears enes kanter to be eligible for the upcoming season, should uk let him play knowing the risk?

And would you let him?
Yes!!!
No question!...YES!!
YES! No if, and, or buts about it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Even if the NCAA clears enes kanter to be eligible for the upcoming season, should uk let him play knowing the risk?

And would you let him?

That's a great question and a tough call. If the NCAA clears him, I'd have to take the chance. Without him, they do not have the horses inside to win down the stretch of big games. The repercussions, hopefully would not be so bad if he was found ineligible later.

My heart and head both say yes, but ONLY if the NCAA clears him, not just says he can play under investigation. If they say that, then no, it's not worth casting away a whole season because this team will be looking over their shoulder every week just waiting to hear something negative. The press will be asking the players and coaches every day if they have heard anything new, and it will not go away until a final decision is rendered. That's when the distraction would not be worth it.
Yes!!
If they clear him and close the investigation.
Play him.
zaga_fan Wrote:If they clear him and close the investigation.
Play him.

:rockon:
let sam bowie play too!!!!!!:lmao:
zaga_fan Wrote:If they clear him and close the investigation.
Play him

:Thumbs:
Cal has lost too much size to not try to at least fight to get the big man eligible.
I don't know what I would do, but if they close the investigation I don't see why you don't play him.
Has anyone heard any news on it yet?
Do we have an ETA for this?
If they clear him then yes, but I feel the NCAA is taking there time. They should make this fast and swift so Cal can give his scholarship to someone else. This makes future recruits to think about where to go next year if Kanter isn't going to play.
Tubby Lover Wrote:let sam bowie play too!!!!!!:lmao:

:popcorn:
cougarpride08 Wrote:If they clear him then yes, but I feel the NCAA is taking there time. They should make this fast and swift so Cal can give his scholarship to someone else. This makes future recruits to think about where to go next year if Kanter isn't going to play.

The NCAA is faced with over 100 new rulings per day for over 100 different male and female sports. It's not like this is the only thing on their docket.
I would diffently play him but if they dont UK should still be one of the top teams in the nation.
No!!!!

Dennis Kelchi sat 20 games last year for WVU. Enos should have to sit for UK.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:No!!!!

Dennis Kelchi sat 20 games last year for WVU. Enos should have to sit for UK.

I think they said that Kanter played in about 7(?) pro games.
If that's the case, he would probably have to sit 7.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think they said that Kanter played in about 7(?) pro games.
If that's the case, he would probably have to sit 7.

It's got nothing to do with playing pro games, it's being compensated for them. So, if the penalty will be based on compensation, he's bound to be consderably more compensated in Lexington than he was in Turkey :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:It's got nothing to do with playing pro games, it's being compensated for them. So, if the penalty will be based on compensation, he's bound to be consderably more compensated in Lexington than he was in Turkey :biggrin:

Tell me if I'm getting my info wrong SD.
You know more about this than I do lol.

12.2.3.2 Competition with Professionals - An individual shall not be eligible for intercollegiate athletics in a sport if the individual ever participated on a team and knew (or had reason to know) that the team was a professional team (per Bylaw 12.02.4) in that sport.

This is the rule, but they let a kid play last year as long as he sat out a game for every pro game he played.
I could be wrong, though.
^ I hope that is the case here as well.