Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phil Fulmer rips USC coach Lane Kiffin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NEW YORK -- Former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer says Lane Kiffin's "arrogant attitude turned people off" and wondered how Kiffin was able to land prestigious head coaching jobs at Tennessee and Southern California....

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5588719"]Former Tennessee coach Phil Fulmer slams 'arrogant' Lane Kiffin - ESPN[/ame]
(Here's the rest of the story)

Fulmer, who now works as an analyst for CBS, was forced to resign by Tennessee after the 2008 season and replaced by Kiffin. After one season at Tennessee, Kiffin left the Volunteers to replace Pete Carroll at USC.

On the CBS halftime show, Fulmer said the people of Tennessee felt betrayed by Kiffin when he left Knoxville "with basically his hat in his hand and a bunch of NCAA compliance questions.

"And often his arrogant attitude turned people off. The bigger question in my opinion is how does a guy like this end up with two jobs with historic football teams like Tennessee and USC?"
^ His dad
Stardust Wrote:^ His dad

:Thumbs: Exactly.
Fulmer is right about Kiffin, but he also likes to bring attention to the fact that he thinks he shouldn't have been replaced at UT. This was probably just another way of doing that.
Like that fat crybaby jobless snitch has any room to talk. **** Phil Fulmer.
I seen the poll to the right of the article asking whether Phil was speaking the truth or was it sour grapes. In my honest opinion, it's both.

Lane Kiffin has burned a lot of bridges with a lot of people all across the country, not just in Tennessee.

His day with come.
I hoped when Fulmer got fired at tennessee UK would pick him up as a assistant.