Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 47 - Akron 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Cats 3-0
Final

Total Yards
Kentucky - 544 yards
Akron - 172 yards

M. Hartline - 21-29 250 yds 2 tds
D. Locke - 17 car. 166 yds 2 tds

Cats started off kinda slow, but really put it on the Zips on the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
well the cupcakes are over,see how good they do at the swamp..
Cats were rolling in this one.
Another GREAT offensive game for the Cats!!
Hartline looked great going 21/29, 250 yds and 2 TDs.
Locke was great as well with 17 carries, 166 yds and 2 TDs.
Raymond Sanders scored again with 2 carries, 32 yds and a TD.
CoShik Williams also got in the scoring column with 6 carries, 30 yds and a TD.
Randall Cobb as usual always finding a way to score with 5 catches, 43 yds and a TD.
Chris Matthews had 2 catches for 26 yds and a TD.
Glad to see the starting defense step and not allow a TD.
GOOD GAME CATS!!
I think that the Cats defense was rather stout tonight. I know that the Zips offense is really something (negative) to behold but they seemed to be in good shape even in comparison to a week ago. I think that UK has done EXACTLY what they needed to do to get the season on a BIG positive note. Getting the defense to come down on these types of teams and let the offensive unload gives the team confidence heading into the SEC play. Perfect situation for Joker's first year.
UK got lucky a few times. Akron wr had the kentucky corners burnt on some long pass plays. they had droped at least 3 passes that would have been touchdowns. those drops would have been touchdown vs anyone in the SEC. other then that Kentucky looked great
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:UK got lucky a few times. Akron wr had the kentucky corners burnt on some long pass plays. they had droped at least 3 passes that would have been touchdowns. those drops would have been touchdown vs anyone in the SEC. other then that Kentucky looked great

These passes was never catchable. The quarterback was overthrowing the recievers on the long ball. It could have easily been 21-3 Akron in the first half had the passes been on target.
I didnt see or hear a down. I hate these sleepers that all D1 schools put on their schedule. Absolutely cheats all fans. Not just UK, but all schools
cuppett777 Wrote:well the cupcakes are over,see how good they do at the swamp..

Agreed. I don't base anything on games like these.
The Cats are rolling.
Aslan Wrote:Agreed. I don't base anything on games like these.

Amen:Thumbs:
Captain Backdoor Wrote:These passes was never catchable. The quarterback was overthrowing the recievers on the long ball. It could have easily been 21-3 Akron in the first half had the passes been on target.

Yes, #13 i believe was being beat every play.
Hollow victory

Just as much wrong as right. As you say can't read much in these games. Florida is the true test.

:beg: end the streak, would give hope that all 3 can end in the same year

I can dream can't :Wave:
The Akron game let the defense get some much needed confidence after letting WKU knock em in the mouth to begin the game.
Way to go Cats!
Stardust Wrote:Amen:Thumbs:

A Wins A Win,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:A Wins A Win,

Come next week, a loss is a loss lol. Hope I'm wrong. UK beating teams like Akron, WKU, and a down UL proves nothing.
Stardust Wrote:I didnt see or hear a down. I hate these sleepers that all D1 schools put on their schedule. Absolutely cheats all fans. Not just UK, but all schools

Same old same old :yawn:
Aslan Wrote:Come next week, a loss is a loss lol. Hope I'm wrong. UK beating teams like Akron, WKU, and a down UL proves nothing.

YOu would know what losses felt like wouldnt you Smile,

Bring UL to the SEC and they dont win a game.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:YOu would know what losses felt like wouldnt you Smile,

So true
Wildcatk23 Wrote:YOu would know what losses felt like wouldnt you Smile,

Lol, I agree.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Same old same old :yawn:

If ya don't like it, learn to love it! Big Grin
Benchwarmer Wrote:Same old same old :yawn:

Yes, I agree and you still brought nothing to the table of interest again!
It isn't no different than Alabama playing Duke. I think we could beat Duke easily in football.
Stardust Wrote:Yes, I agree and you still brought nothing to the table of interest again!

And, this post is in the interest of what?