Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky @ Florida 9/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
7:00 pm

ESPNU

thoughts?
Kentucky certainly has a chance in this game. Mike Hartline, Derrick Locke, Randall Cobb, and the rest of the offense has been nothing short of great so far. The defense has been suspect against the run, but they were solid tonight against Akron. Granted Florida has far more surperior athletes than Akron, WKU, and Louisville.

I think the game will be close throughout, but as long as we don't give up any big plays, I think we will be in it right till the end.
Gators will win this one..but not by as much as usual.lol
ESPNU...Really? *Sigh*
Real Badman Wrote:ESPNU...Really? *Sigh*

i done the same thing when i saw it
This one will be a barn burner. But the gators will pull it off by a TD.

Go CATS!
Cats keep it close, Gators by 3
If this were at UK then the cats would have a chance. Don't think that they can get it done in the swamp though. Look for a lot of mental mistakes due to the noise and confusion that comes with playing at Ben Hill Griffin. Also don't think that UK's defense can stop the run as well as the Vols did today.

Gators: 35
UK: 17
I am as big of a Cats fans that you will meet but I just dont know about going into the swamp, a SEC matchup and taking one from the Gators. I really really want this to happen but I think that the first Big time SEC road environment gives the Gators about a 7 point cushion. I will say Gators 27-UK 20.
Wow, this would be an awesome game to prove the Cats are legit, but considering their schedule this year, they have not done enough to test themselves for a down Florida team who has seen it all. Florida by 17
This is the year and to make it better its in the "Swamp"..Go Cats!

UK-27
UF-24
Uf by 10
Can't believe UK has more votes than UF at this point. Won't be as bad as it as been, but UF wins 42-20.
UK needs to strengthen their non confrence schedule to get ready for teams like UF. This week will show how good or bad UK really is. I think Florida takes by at least 21.
Jarons Wrote:UK needs to strengthen their non confrence schedule to get ready for teams like UF. This week will show how good or bad UK really is. I think Florida takes by at least 21.

Amen to that
Florida seems to down this year compared to years past and Kentucky has had time to work out the kinks in their defense. So I think this is the perfect setting for the Cats to show that they're legit this year!! I'm going with UK in a close one! GO CATS!!

UK - 24

UF - 21
leecoukfan Wrote:Florida seems to down this year compared to years past and Kentucky has had time to work out the kinks in their defense. So I think this is the perfect setting for the Cats to show that they're legit this year!! I'm going with UK in a close one! GO CATS!!

UK - 24

UF - 21

The Cats have worked out the defensive problems against Who? Lousivlle made them look bad and the Cats have not seen an offense that would be in the top 300 in D1 football
Stardust Wrote:The Cats have worked out the defensive problems against Who? Lousivlle made them look bad and the Cats have not seen an offense that would be in the top 300 in D1 football

Well the starting defense didn't allow a TD last night whereas against WKU they allowed 2 TDs!
leecoukfan Wrote:Well the starting defense didn't allow a TD last night whereas against WKU they allowed 2 TDs!

I would not take too much stock in that fact. Akron lost 29-3 to Syracuse and lost to Gardner-Webb in OT, and ranked 109th overall in scoring offense.
leecoukfan Wrote:Well the starting defense didn't allow a TD last night whereas against WKU they allowed 2 TDs!

That's great, and they should not have allowed a TD. As a matter of fact, NO D1 school in the Country should give up a TD to Akron. They are 111th in passing, 99th in rushing, they are HORRIBLE on offense!
Jarons Wrote:I would not take too much stock in that fact. Akron lost 29-3 to Syracuse and lost to Gardner-Webb in OT, and ranked 109th overall in scoring offense.

Beat me to it:Thumbs:
Jarons Wrote:I would not take too much stock in that fact. Akron lost 29-3 to Syracuse and lost to Gardner-Webb in OT, and ranked 109th overall in scoring offense.

Not that it makes much difference but according to espn, Akrons Total offense ranks 106th and WKUs Total offense ranks 93rd so they're both pretty far down the totem pole and IMO I feel that the defense improved.
leecoukfan Wrote:Not that it makes much difference but according to espn, Akrons Total offense ranks 106th and WKUs Total offense ranks 93rd so they're both pretty far down the totem pole and IMO I feel that the defense improved.

Fair, on paper it looks like improvement, but they better be as good against Florida, who is no Akron or WKU and is 10 times better than Lousiville!
leecoukfan Wrote:Not that it makes much difference but according to espn, Akrons Total offense ranks 106th and WKUs Total offense ranks 93rd so they're both pretty far down the totem pole and IMO I feel that the defense improved.

Neither team has a good offense. The Cats struggled against the run against UofL and WKU. I do not think either team will be anywhere close to Florida offensively. I hope that UK proves me wrong against UF and holds them in check. I just don't see that happening.
^ Very good post
Stardust Wrote:Fair, on paper it looks like improvement, but they better be as good against Florida, who is no Akron or WKU and is 10 times better than Lousiville!

Yes, thats all I am saying. All be it a very small improvement considering the teams they played the past two weeks I still see it as an improvement.
Stardust Wrote:The Cats have worked out the defensive problems against Who? Lousivlle made them look bad and the Cats have not seen an offense that would be in the top 300 in D1 football

Didn't UK beat Loserville?
Stardust Wrote:That's great, and they should not have allowed a TD. As a matter of fact, NO D1 school in the Country should give up a TD to Akron. They are 111th in passing, 99th in rushing, they are HORRIBLE on offense!

And they showed it last night.
leecoukfan Wrote:Yes, thats all I am saying. All be it a very small improvement considering the teams they played the past two weeks I still see it as an improvement.

I agree.
Boy some of you thinking that UK is such a football power that they should play all the top 10 teams not in the SEC. Geez lord. UK is trying to build a program so bring on the cupcakes. If you remember not to long ago UK was getting beat by these weak teams not anymore. Kentucky just beat the crap out of the last two teams. thank god. In the past UK would struggle against these teams.
Pages: 1 2 3 4