Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: James Madison 21 (13)Virginia Tech 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Upset!!
This is the last thing Boise St wanted. I'm not going to write them off just yet but this is BAD for the hokies.
WOW!

the question that EVERYONE will be asking now....what does that game say for Boise State?
LWC Wrote:WOW!

the question that EVERYONE will be asking now....what does that game say for Boise State?

That they are a no name team that plays in a conference johnson central could win, that got lucky against a big 12 team one time.

Although this makes me happy because I really do hate V-Tech.

Ohh and now im guessing James Madison would be a 20 point favorite over UK?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:That they are a no name team that plays in a conference johnson central could win, that got lucky against a big 12 team one time.

This part is said with sarcasm, correct?

That maybe Boise St isn't the second coming after all.
LWC Wrote:This part is said with sarcasm, correct?

I was referring to the other thread where it was said V-Tech would be a 20 point favorite over louisville lol.

Im a SEC man to me no other teams are really all that good. and this went a long way to prove that even further to me.
Gotcha.
LWC Wrote:Gotcha.

Anytime Buddy. Also I still think Kentucky would whip Boise all the way back to Idaho real daggone quick.

This shows that their BCS standing will be lower than what it was going to be! And apparentally Va Tech isn't what everyone has made them out to be.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:That they are a no name team that plays in a conference johnson central could win, that got lucky against a big 12 team one time.

You, my friend, have lost all credibility from now on. Good job. :Thumbs:
WOW! What is wrong with the Hockies?
Another FCS knocking off an FBS team!!!
ACC is one of the weakest BCS conferences.

Them and the Big East.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:ACC is one of the weakest BCS conferences.

Them and the Big East.

Virgina Tech was ranked #13. What is UK ranked?
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Virgina Tech was ranked #13. What is UK ranked?

What's your point?
As i said in the thread after the Boise-Vt game. VT is by far the most overrated team in the country. They were probably only put there so Boise could say they beat a top ten team. This is ridicolous, i dont understand how some of you still think Boise is a national championship team, the proof is all right in front of you, its obvious they could never hang with Bama or Ohio state, if they make it all the way then the BCS is truly a joke.
I think that this has to the biggest upset. It is even more deserving of that title than Ole Miss last week.
vundy33 Wrote:You, my friend, have lost all credibility from now on. Good job. :Thumbs:

So you think that Boise state is gonna be a football power 20 years from now? They are nothing and never will be. If they wanted to get some credibility they would be begging every bcs conference to let them in and im sure one would if they were even worth the time. Do you think that Boise could handle a SEC schedule I mean really?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:So you think that Boise state is gonna be a football power 20 years from now? They are nothing and never will be. If they wanted to get some credibility they would be begging every bcs conference to let them in and im sure one would if they were even worth the time. Do you think that Boise could handle a SEC schedule I mean really?

I'm not big on Boise State possibly getting into the national championship game, but they do have a pretty good team and a great quarterback. They've proved in the past that they can win the big games (i.e. Oklahoma / TCU). They also said last season that they are willing to play anyone in country on their own turf. They traveled a few thousand miles to D.C. and played VaTech and beat them n the final minute.

No, there is absolutely no way that Boise State can get into a BCS conference because they don't meet the requirements in all other sports/academics that the BCS conference require.

BTW, Boise State is already a football powerhouse. They've won so many games over the past 5 years that it's unreal. They aren't loaded with big-time recruits like other top 10 teams are and that's what makes them so likable.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Virgina Tech was ranked #13. What is UK ranked?

Going Somewhere with this?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:So you think that Boise state is gonna be a football power 20 years from now? They are nothing and never will be. If they wanted to get some credibility they would be begging every bcs conference to let them in and im sure one would if they were even worth the time. Do you think that Boise could handle a SEC schedule I mean really?

Though I won't go as far as you have with your assessment of BSU, but I am very much agreement with you.

The loss of Va. Tech today may not be indicative of how good they are, thus how good they were in facing BSU. I'm pretty confident that no matter how good Va Tech was against BSU, after they lost that game, there season went down the dumper. They knew immediately, they were not competing for a national title.

As for BSU, they are good, but they are good when they get to plan for a game. Could they play in the SEC right now? NO WAY! They could not handle back to back games against monsters. They see 2 Monsters per year at most. They could never handle a gueling schedule. Once Peterson is gone, we will not see the blue turf on TV any longer!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that this has to the biggest upset. It is even more deserving of that title than Ole Miss last week.

Not surprising after their loss to BSU. They know their title hopes are over. Those types of losses can destroy a team. I look for Va Tech to have a really bad year now.