Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia (22) 24 - Marshall 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
I was impressed with Marshall. They had a chance for the upset
Marshall and the refs blew this one. Blew a chance to recover a fumble deep in WVU territory early in the 4th. STUPID PREVENT DEFENSE. A terrible no call on the hold in the end zone at the start of the last WVU drive in regulation.
NOTE TO MARSHAL DFENSIVE COORDINATOR
PREVENT DEFENSE MEANS THAT YOU PREVENT YOUR TEAM FROM WINNING.
THE PLAYERS PLAYED WELL ENOUUGH TO WIN. THE COACH'S DECIDED THAT THEY DIDN'T WANT TO WIN. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!:dontthink
Couldn't agree more.
Don't start this REFS garbage...now, the whole prevent defense thing is dead on.

Bill Stewart best be recruiting some O linemen because Geno can play when he has time to throw.
They blew it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:They blew it.

Yes they did. I will take an UGLY win and run though. WVU looked really good in their last two drives, but Marshall did not come after Geno the way they had successfully done all night. WVU has a lot of work to do and Doc will do just fine at Marshall.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Yes they did. I will take an UGLY win and run though. WVU looked really good in their last two drives, but Marshall did not come after Geno the way they had successfully done all night. WVU has a lot of work to do and Doc will do just fine at Marshall.

looks like something uk would have done. Lost it for themselves.
The Herd had it! 21-6 at one point.
How in the world does the BE have a BCS autobid, that conference is terrible.

UK is 20 pts better than WVU, the top team in the BE.
Congrats to Eerie, Imagine, and the rest of the WVU nation. WVU did what they had to do, and Marshall did not. I believe you have to keep things in perspective and realize that these are just football games, but this one hurt. Now, I believe I'll go get me a dog.
My only question is why do Def. Coordinators when it get's to the 4th quarter, change their game plan from what stopped the other team all night, then all of a sudden, we're going to sit back and not get beat deep? To me, that's stupid coaching, you continue to do the things that stopped the other offense all night and that's put pressure on the Quarterback... Marshall quit doing it and it ultimately cost them a win and a chance of bragging rights in the state of West Virginia...
Westside Wrote:Congrats to Eerie, Imagine, and the rest of the WVU nation. WVU did what they had to do, and Marshall did not. I believe you have to keep things in perspective and realize that these are just football games, but this one hurt. Now, I believe I'll go get me a dog.

Thanks Westy!!! I am not gloating over this win. WVU NEVER should have won that game at all. We sucked for nearly 4 quarters. WVU will be lucky to finish 8-4.
Way to destroy a great night "Blundering Turds"!!!!
I woulda laughed so hard @ the WVU fans on here if Marshall woulda won.
So here is your Big East Front Runners entering the season:

WVU- Needed an epic choke job to defeat C-USA Marshall 24-21 (about 4th or 5th best team)

Cincy- Lost to WAC Fresno State 14-28 (about 4th or 5th in WAC)

Pitt- Lost to MWC Utah 24-27 (about 3rd or 4th)

UCONN- Lost to Big 10 Michigan 10-30 (about 4th or 5th in Big 10)

Rutgers- Defeated Sun-Belt Florida International 19-14 (about 3rd or 4th in Sun-Belt)

USF- Lost to SEC Florida 38-14 (about 2nd or 3rd in SEC)

UK in the SEC this year = 6-6 or 7-5
UK in the Big East this year= 9-3 or 10-2

Do you disagree dan?
Ballers Wrote:I woulda laughed so hard @ the WVU fans on here if Marshall woulda won.

Me too...me too...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:So here is your Big East Front Runners entering the season:

WVU- Needed an epic choke job to defeat C-USA Marshall 24-21 (about 4th or 5th best team)

Rutgers- Defeated Sun-Belt Florida International 19-14 (about 3rd or 4th in Sun-Belt)

Do you disagree dan?

The way it is going, UK could win either the BE or ASheShe.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:So here is your Big East Front Runners entering the season:

Do you disagree dan?

UK would definitely finish in the top 2 or 3. I've had this discussion with others though. UK would not get the same caliber recruits as a part of the Big East as they do in the SEC. They will have recruits come in now just to play against Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, etc. just to be seen by NFL scouts. This is not to take anything from UK, it's just that the SEC is currently the top football conference in the nation.
They shouldve won ,,, i always root for the underdog , well almost always . GO CATS