Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Are The Vols In More Hot Water
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee basketball coach Bruce Pearl and an assistant have been contacted by the NCAA about possible recruiting violations, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The NCAA is looking into possible excessive contact with recruits, the person told The Associated Press on Thursday night on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, which was first reported by recruiting website Volquest.com. The NCAA has also talked with Vols associate head coach Tony Jones.
WYMT posted this on facebook.

Tennessee spokesman Jimmy Stanton says the university has not received official notification from the NCAA of a formal investigation.

"We have not received a letter of inquiry from the NCAA," Stanton said. "Upon receipt of such a letter, we would release it publicly."

The NCAA has also interviewed current and former Tennessee football coaches and recruits as part of a separate investigation into possible allegations under former coach Lane Kiffin. The university has not received a formal letter of inquiry from the NCAA about that investigation either.

It's more negative attention for Tennessee, which saw four basketball players arrested on gun and drug charges in January and two football players arrested in July following a massive bar brawl.
and...its offical...Pearl admits to his wrong doings on misleading the NCAA in a 17 month investigation. Pearl has been docked off campus recruiting privlages for a year beginning Sept. 24 and 1.5 million dollars for 5 years.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5554682"]Tennessee Volunteers punish Bruce Pearl for misleading NCAA - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5555678@@AMEPARAM@@5555678[/ame]
I bet the NCAA still wont be satisfied with that punishment on Pearl. It's untelling what they will do after their investigation
Hearing the fire alarm go off in the middle of the statement is "priceless"
Navajo4life Wrote:Hearing the fire alarm go off in the middle of the statement is "priceless"

:lmao:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote::lmao:

I thought it was something dubbed into the video but when Bruce played it off with the "must be my players" line, I just about lost it.
I'm so sorry, I let my family down and so on,reminded me of Tiger Woods all over again.lol
Couldnt have happened to a classier bunch of Guys ... They get what they deserve .
Snackbar Wrote:Couldnt have happened to a classier bunch of Guys ... They get what they deserve .

Classier? LOL...
And we are talking about the prisonEERS.. I mean Volunteers.
Ballers Wrote:Classier? LOL...
And we are talking about the prisonEERS.. I mean Volunteers.

LOL Exactly!!
More news has leaked out today about Pearl. Pictures have been sent to the NCAA showing that Pearl had hs juniors at his house on unofficial visits, which is a NCAA violation.
I'm sure they have a few pretty "hostess" or 2 to console them.