Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reggie Bush stripped of Heisman!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The Heisman Trophy Trust is expected to strip former University of Southern California star running back Reggie Bush of college football’s top honor by the end of September, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Bush would become the first player in the 75-year history of the award to have the trophy taken away. The NCAA found major violations in the Trojans’ football program in June and levied serious sanctions against the school.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/ne...sman090710
Well, Well, Well, About Time.
You knew this was coming. If teams can be stripped of titles and wins, it's about time that individual accomplishments should be affected.
Poor, Poor, Reggie....
Stardust Wrote:You knew this was coming. If teams can be stripped of titles and wins, it's about time that individual accomplishments should be affected.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Do you think he truly cares? People are still going to refer to him as Heisman trophy winner. He will still be getting fat paychecks from the NFL. The only priviledge he will lose is getting to vote for the Heisman.
Jarons Wrote:Do you think he truly cares? People are still going to refer to him as Heisman trophy winner. He will still be getting fat paychecks from the NFL. The only priviledge he will lose is getting to vote for the Heisman.

Very True.
Jarons Wrote:Do you think he truly cares? People are still going to refer to him as Heisman trophy winner. He will still be getting fat paychecks from the NFL. The only priviledge he will lose is getting to vote for the Heisman.

Agreed, I think you are spot-on:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:You knew this was coming. If teams can be stripped of titles and wins, it's about time that individual accomplishments should be affected.

Amen:Thumbs:
So will they being given the Heisman to someone else in that class?

If so, who are some candidates?
NYY10 Wrote:So will they being given the Heisman to someone else in that class?

If so, who are some candidates?

Sounds like ESPN jumped the gun again. The president of the Heisman has not announced any decision:

"I can tell you the Heisman Trophy trust has made no decision regarding the Reggie Bush situation," Robert Whalen, executive director of the Heisman Trophy Trust, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Stardust Wrote:Sounds like ESPN jumped the gun again. The president of the Heisman has not announced any decision:

"I can tell you the Heisman Trophy trust has made no decision regarding the Reggie Bush situation," Robert Whalen, executive director of the Heisman Trophy Trust, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Imagine that, News reporters jumping the gun....
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Imagine that, News reporters jumping the gun....

Lol, yes, it happens in everything.....everything!
i think vince young was second and matt leinart was third.
and regardless of whether he has the trophy or not everyone knows he was the best college player in 05. He may or may not have taken things that benefitted him but it in no way enhanced his performance.
They said that if they take it away, the spot will remain vacant.
Midee1 Wrote:and regardless of whether he has the trophy or not everyone knows he was the best college player in 05. He may or may not have taken things that benefitted him but it in no way enhanced his performance.

Agree completely. The award is based on the best performance on the football field, and he definitely was the best performer. The only legitimate argument was that if he wasn't eligible to play, he would never have been the best player. But after the fact, not sure that anything can be done.
johnnyt Wrote:i think vince young was second and matt leinart was third.

vundy33 Wrote:They said that if they take it away, the spot will remain vacant.

That's correct. I couldn't see either one accepting even if it was offered.
Jay Leno made a good point. Reggie Bush is getting stripped but OJ killed his wife and got to keep his?!?!?