Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia vs. Marshall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The only time of the year when Imagine and I get to beat up on Westy. Westy pal, I know you feel bad right now with the Herd getting it's head handed to it by tO$U. You are crying over your Bobby Pruett poster. Chin up pal. It is now "If yer skeered, get a dawg." Week. Something tells me ole Doc has a surprise in store for Gomer. I will post my official prediction after we take care of business against Myrtle Beach Tech in Morgantown today. So, get your chickensuit out of moth balls and get the popcorn ready. The Mountaineers are about to invade Huntington. :Thumbs:
Oh, this is an easy prediction and not even a second thought. Marshall wins this by 4 TDs:biggrin:
Stardust, in the words of Ric Flair "To be the man, you must BEAT the man." And Marshall is 0-9 all time vs WVU in football. This is the last chance Marshall gets WVU in Huntington for the foreseeable future. They will break out all the bells, whistles, and anything else they can get their hands on. It is their WrestleMania, Daytona 500, World Series, and Super Bowl all rolled into one package. "Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Stardust, in the words of Ric Flair "To be the man, you must BEAT the man." And Marshall is 0-9 all time vs WVU in football. This is the last chance Marshall gets WVU in Huntington for the foreseeable future. They will break out all the bells, whistles, and anything else they can get their hands on. It is their WrestleMania, Daytona 500, World Series, and Super Bowl all rolled into one package. "Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

LOL, Awesome! :biggrin:

But don't forget, Sam Houston beat Ric Flair in the center of the ring 1-2-3! Granted, Dusty had a little outside interference to help a little, but the Horsemen were just as shocked as ole neerfan will be - - - he, he:rockon:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:The only time of the year when Imagine and I get to beat up on Westy. Westy pal, I know you feel bad right now with the Herd getting it's head handed to it by tO$U. You are crying over your Bobby Pruett poster. Chin up pal. It is now "If yer skeered, get a dawg." Week. Something tells me ole Doc has a surprise in store for Gomer. I will post my official prediction after we take care of business against Myrtle Beach Tech in Morgantown today. So, get your chickensuit out of moth balls and get the popcorn ready. The Mountaineers are about to invade Huntington. :Thumbs:

Eerie, I've been waiting on this game for a long time. I don't need a dawg cause I ain't skeered. This game will take care of all my sorrows. Doc is going to show the people at WVU that they hired the wrong coach (as if they didn't already know). Eerie, put up your gasoline because you won't be using it to burn any couches after this game. The goalposts are coming down in Huntington.
This may be the thread of the year. Looks like it is going to be a lot of fun.
As much as I hate to say it, WVU wins big. I will be rooting for Marshall though.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Stardust, in the words of Ric Flair "To be the man, you must BEAT the man." And Marshall is 0-9 all time vs WVU in football. This is the last chance Marshall gets WVU in Huntington for the foreseeable future. They will break out all the bells, whistles, and anything else they can get their hands on. It is their WrestleMania, Daytona 500, World Series, and Super Bowl all rolled into one package. "Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Are they stopping the series or all the games going to be in Morgantown?
Marshall-56 WVU-3

jk

Marshall-21 WVU- 14
Jarons Wrote:Are they stopping the series or all the games going to be in Morgantown?

It was a 7 game series running from 2006-2012. The games of 2007 and 2010 were scheduled for Huntington. The other 5 in Morgantown. This was Governor Manchin's deal. However, with him running for Bobby Byrd's Senate seat, looks like it might end after 2012. WVU insists on 2-1 while Marshall insists on home and home.
neither team is all that great this year so i will pick the one with the series lead...."west by god" will run over the herd by 5 touchdowns
WVU 31 Coastal Carolina 0 ?!?!? Eerie are you kidding me??? Is that all the points Stewart and his boys could hang on Coastal Carolina???? I thought it was a half time score the first time I saw it. WVU's offense has about as much pop as an Obama economic stimulus plan. They better bring more offense than that to Huntington or it won't even be a game. WVU may need a new quarterback. Stewart should give Pat White a call. I hear he's not doing anything now. I know he don't have anymore eligibility left, but Stewart has proven he's not above bending the rules.
GO HERD! But I think WVU's gonna extend the misery Sad
Neers 38
Herd 24
I'll be rooting for the Herd, but WVU will be too much.

WVU- 34
Marshall- 17
WVU has not scored more than 35 points in two years. Going waaaaaay out on a limb and say.............................

WVU 27
Marshall 24
Stardust Wrote:LOL, Awesome! :biggrin:

But don't forget, Sam Houston beat Ric Flair in the center of the ring 1-2-3! Granted, Dusty had a little outside interference to help a little, but the Horsemen were just as shocked as ole neerfan will be - - - he, he:rockon:

Flairisms, you got to love them....

The Mountaineer mascot will take Marco home and make a REAL mascot out of him.

Noel Devine's child support is more than your house pal.
:rockon: What ya gonna do when the wild man goes wild on you? eers 34- herd 21, put I'm rootin for the underdog! Heck Those new tribute unis. aught to be worth a couple TDs. anyway!! They are Bad@$$!!TongueirateSho
Marshall will win 32-26. Go Herd!!!!!!!!!!!
Westside Wrote:WVU 31 Coastal Carolina 0 ?!?!? Eerie are you kidding me??? Is that all the points Stewart and his boys could hang on Coastal Carolina???? I thought it was a half time score the first time I saw it. WVU's offense has about as much pop as an Obama economic stimulus plan. They better bring more offense than that to Huntington or it won't even be a game. WVU may need a new quarterback. Stewart should give Pat White a call. I hear he's not doing anything now. I know he don't have anymore eligibility left, but Stewart has proven he's not above bending the rules.

One of the most epic comments ever on bgr lol.
Westside Wrote:WVU 31 Coastal Carolina 0 ?!?!? Eerie are you kidding me??? Is that all the points Stewart and his boys could hang on Coastal Carolina???? I thought it was a half time score the first time I saw it. WVU's offense has about as much pop as an Obama economic stimulus plan. They better bring more offense than that to Huntington or it won't even be a game. WVU may need a new quarterback. Stewart should give Pat White a call. I hear he's not doing anything now. I know he don't have anymore eligibility left, but Stewart has proven he's not above bending the rules.

Let's keep the blows above the belt. :dontthink I was going to stay out of this, but comparing anything WVU to Obama is just too much. That's just not right!!! You're about to make me break out the Huntington Cummunity College remarks. :biggrin:

I think WVU pulls it out late. WVU is too talented for Marshall until Doc can get more of his recruits to Huntington. Doc knows everything that Stewart and Mullen will throw at him. I think MU will key on Devine and make Geno beat them. WVU's defense wins it for them. WVU - 31 MU - 27
West Virginia-35
Marshall-17
ImagineThat! Wrote:Let's keep the blows above the belt. :dontthink I was going to stay out of this, but comparing anything WVU to Obama is just too much. That's just not right!!! You're about to make me break out the Huntington Cummunity College remarks. :biggrin:

I think WVU pulls it out late. WVU is too talented for Marshall until Doc can get more of his recruits to Huntington. Doc knows everything that Stewart and Mullen will throw at him. I think MU will key on Devine and make Geno beat them. WVU's defense wins it for them. WVU - 31 MU - 27

Imagine, Westy is just talking trash. Since he is not skeered and does not need a dawg, he better break out the chicken suit. Cluck, cluck, cluck.
Gotta go with WVU but the Herd will come to play.
WVU - 28 Herd - 24

If Randy Moss is in attendance
Herd - 50 WVU -28
ImagineThat! Wrote:Let's keep the blows above the belt. :dontthink I was going to stay out of this, but comparing anything WVU to Obama is just too much. That's just not right!!! You're about to make me break out the Huntington Cummunity College remarks. :biggrin:

Don't tell me there are two of you (WVU fans)!!!!!!!! Well, I guess that was a low blow even for WVU. Imagine, don't let Eerie talk you into something you're gonna regret (messin with me). If I were you I'd go lay down somewhere. You and Eerie are like the rest of the WVU nation: You don't know what you're fixin to get yourself into.
zaga_fan Wrote:Gotta go with WVU but the Herd will come to play.
WVU - 28 Herd - 24

If Randy Moss is in attendance
Herd - 50 WVU -28

Randy Moss and Chad Pennington played against a lousy WVU team in 1997 and STILL lost.
Westside Wrote:Don't tell me there are two of you (WVU fans)!!!!!!!! Well, I guess that was a low blow even for WVU. Imagine, don't let Eerie talk you into something you're gonna regret (messin with me). If I were you I'd go lay down somewhere. You and Eerie are like the rest of the WVU nation: You don't know what you're fixin to get yourself into.

Oh, sorta like Marshall going Division I-A....OR joining Conference USA....OR getting into a series with WVU in football. I can hold my own with you! I just try to keep the trash talking to a minimum with things I have no control over....ie. a football game that I'm not playing. I kinda hate to have my trash talking backed up by Bill Stewart. Not too smart!!!
ImagineThat! Wrote:Oh, sorta like Marshall going Division I-A....OR joining Conference USA....OR getting into a series with WVU in football. I can hold my own with you! I just try to keep the trash talking to a minimum with things I have no control over....ie. a football game that I'm not playing. I kinda hate to have my trash talking backed up by Bill Stewart. Not too smart!!!

LOL. That hurt. If you think having Bill Stewart backing up your trashing talking is a bad idea, try having Mark Snyder do it.
Is this game going to be television on any of the national networks or Huntington, WV networks?
Westside Wrote:Is this game going to be television on any of the national networks or Huntington, WV networks?

ESPN or ESPN 2 at 7pm!!!!
I hope and pray the Herd wins. But WVU will win easily.
Westside Wrote:LOL. That hurt. If you think having Bill Stewart backing up your trashing talking is a bad idea, try having Mark Snyder do it.

:Clap: I guess you have a point.
Pages: 1 2