Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 42 LCA 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lex Cath's 8th grade team jumped out 24-0 in the first half behind a strong defensive effort and an excellent passing attack that allowed them to cruise to a 42-0 final score.
Lexington Catholic's 7th grade team outlasted LCA in a 8-0 game to finish the evening.
Lexington Catholic certainly sounds like the real deal! Has anyone been able to stop their QB?
Great job Cathlolic sounds like Reese is having a great season hope he keeps the job up. Good Luck on the remainder of your season Lex Cathloic.
:rockon: Does anyone have any stats for the 8th grade game. I have suddenly become a Lex. Cath.fan after watching Reese Ryan play the QB position like a stud HS QB. Unbelievable that this kid is only a 8th grader!!:Cheerlead
Ricky Bobby Wrote::rockon: Does anyone have any stats for the 8th grade game. I have suddenly become a Lex. Cath.fan after watching Reese Ryan play the QB position like a stud HS QB. Unbelievable that this kid is only a 8th grader!!:Cheerlead

Yes, the Ryan kid is a fine QB, but as good as he is, he is nothing without his fellow teammates. A good example would be when we played Wayne Co. last Saturday and he threw for 267 yds and 4 TDs in the first half but,in the 2nd half he only went 2 for 6 for 31 yds passing. This obviously was the result of losing 3 of his starting receivers after halftime. We have almost zero depth on the 8th grade team. We start 5 7th graders on any given play as it is. We still have a good team with alot of talented kids but we just don't have enough of them.
I look at it from a different angle. The team had to make adjustment because because they were missing receivers. They had to go more to a running game and the backs responded with great running and the lineman had great blocks. LC was down at halftime and came back and won because of great running and blocking and a much better defensive that shut out Wayne County in the second half. I agree the 8th grade team lacks a little depth but the younger players did a great job stepping up to the challenge. The experience will help out a lot toward the end of the season and the playoffs.
CSB13 Wrote:I look at it from a different angle. The team had to make adjustment because because they were missing receivers. They had to go more to a running game and the backs responded with great running and the lineman had great blocks. LC was down at halftime and came back and won because of great running and blocking and a much better defensive that shut out Wayne County in the second half. I agree the 8th grade team lacks a little depth but the younger players did a great job stepping up to the challenge. The experience will help out a lot toward the end of the season and the playoffs.

I also see your angle CB but the reason we quit throwing in the 2nd half had more to do with personnel than strategy. The younger players did step up and play a good game but there is still a big difference, for the most part anyway, between an 8th grader and a 7th grade player. The timing between a QB and his receivers also is a major factor. For the most part our QB has to throw the ball before the receiver makes his break and the only way that they can keep in sync is throwing and running the routes every day in practice and in games, so no matter how good the back-up 7th grader is.... its very difficult for them to make the completions consisently. Don't get me wrong.... if not for our 7th graders we wouldn't even fill a decent team. I'm very proud of them. I'm just saying that personnel dictates game plans from the coaches.