Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ohio St 45 Marshall 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Columbus, OH (HNN) - No. 2 Ohio State utilized 529 yards of offense on its way to a 45-7 season-opening victory over the Marshall University football team on Thursday evening, Sept. 2, 2010 at Ohio Stadium.

Heisman Trophy candidate Terrelle Pryor led the way for OSU (1-0) with three touchdown passes. The junior quarterback completed 17 passes for 247 yards. DeVier

Posey caught a pair of scores while Dane Sanzenbacher caught the other. Sanzenbacher also has a game-high 113 receiving yards.

The game got off to an auspicious start for the Thundering Herd (0-1), who found itself in a 14-0 hole less than five minutes into the contest. After Marshall fumbled on the opening kickoff, it took OSU just four plays to find the endzone as Pryor hit DeVier Posey on a six-yard strike. Following a three-and-out by MU, the Buckeyes quickly doubled their lead as Brandon Saine scored on a four-yard touchdown run.

Marshall refused to let its early woes have an affect as it made its way onto the scoreboard with 2:21 left in the opening quarter. Johnny Jones blocked a Buckeye field goal attempt, the fifth block of his career. Junior Ahmed Shakoor scooped up the ball and returned it 61 yards for the score, the first touchdown of his career.

The momentum was short-lived as it took Ohio State just two plays to notch their third touchdown of the quarter as Pryor connected with Sanzenbacher on a 65-yard pass to open up a 21-7 advantage.

It was all Buckeyes the rest of the way as they would hold a 35-7 lead at the half before finishing with a 45-7 victory.

Marshall's offense failed to find a rhythm in the game, finishing with 199 yards, 155 of which coming through the air. It marked the first time since the 2008 game against West Virginia that an opponent has held the Herd to less than 200 yards of offense.

Senior quarterback Brian Anderson made the start for Marshall, completing 17-of-28 passes for 135 yards. He threw one interception. True freshman Eddie Sullivan made his collegiate debut in the fourth quarter. He completed one out of seven pass attempts for 20 yards.

Brandon Saine of OSU tallied 103 rushing yards to lead all players. Marshall sophomore Martin Ward led the Herd with 32 yards on the ground. Antavious Wilson was Marshall's top receiver, catching five balls for 38 yards.

Tonight's game marked the first for head coach Doc Holliday. Holliday is the 29th coach in Marshall history.
My only commit is Marshall took an A$$ Whoopin.
Westside Wrote:My only commit is Marshall took an A$$ Whoopin.

You know what I meant.
Westside Wrote:My only commit is Marshall took an A$$ Whoopin.

At least you're not in denial...I hope they take another one next Friday. I think Doc will do fine with Marshall, it may take a couple years though.

LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!
Careful Imagine....Westy is "skeered and needs to get a dawg."
Let's see what the Buckeyes do next week when the Canes come to the Shoe
congrats to marshall for scoring a touchdown....