Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lou Holtz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, Lou Holtz is still alive, he doesn't know it, and he is still out to get the Big Blue.
In his first upset pick of the year, Holtz is picking the Cards over UK.
Lou Holtz may be a good coach, but he isn't worth a dime as a college football analysis.

I'm not just saying this because he picked UL over Kentucky, because it's defiantly possible. However, just how often does Mark May make Lou look stupid when they're debating on CFB subjects? Answer; all the time.
May isn't much better but Holtz is just plain old and out of his mind. He always picks South Car and Notre Dame to win no matter who they are playing.
Lou is very entertaining and I love the enthusiasm he has for the game. I definitely don't agree with this prediction but my respect for Lou will never change.
I like Lou..always have, but I used to LOVE when Trev Alberts and Mark May would get into it..but as far as Lou picking Louisville over UK, it very well could happen. I shift daily in my predictions, and before the kickoff, I might go with Loserville. I hope UK wins the game by 40, but I could see the Cards pulling off the upset. If that happens, then I will guarantee you and bet anybody on BGR anything you wanna bet, that UK doesnt finish .500 or go bowling..
LSU pep talk. nuff said
I like Lou, I really really do. But he acts more and more like a senile old man which is understandable. It is some of the funniest things in the world when he takes some of the CRAZIEST positions on topics and the other analyst is just so cracked up about he just sits and listens...... It is okay, Lou can predict Louisville. I will not loss and sleep. Smile
You cant even understand the guy, and he makes no sense. One of the worst ever football commentators.
Come on, someone always picks the upset. If it wasn't Lou, someone else would have had to. Louisville has a ton of questions, but it's not like UK doesn't. In my prediction, I feel UK should win, but not it's not going to be as easy as everyone else has posted. The Cards certainly are capable of making it a game. Does not mean they will. So, for Lou to call the upset predicition, how is that different than what you see every week? Someone always goes against the grain. If it does not work out, everyone says see, I told you so and there was no upset. If the upset happens though, he looks like a genious.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I like Lou, I really really do. But he acts more and more like a senile old man which is understandable. It is some of the funniest things in the world when he takes some of the CRAZIEST positions on topics and the other analyst is just so cracked up about he just sits and listens...... It is okay, Lou can predict Louisville. I will not loss and sleep. Smile

I agree with every word you say. Lou is crazy, but he is one of my favorites. Him being crazy is one of the reasons I like him so much. You never know what he is going to say.
Does he really have a grudge against Kentucky?
^ Nah, it's just the typical overzealous fan. Honestly, these guys could care less about the teams they discuss. It's the arrogant fan that think's everyone is out to get THEIR team. We as fans have an "us against the world" mentality and always think someone is out to get us. Trust me, commentators, analysts and other media really don't care as much about UK sports as we want to give them credit for in disliking us. It's laguahable at times of our own arrogance.
Stardust Wrote:^ Nah, it's just the typical overzealous fan. Honestly, these guys could care less about the teams they discuss. It's the arrogant fan that think's everyone is out to get THEIR team. We as fans have an "us against the world" mentality and always think someone is out to get us. Trust me, commentators, analysts and other media really don't care as much about UK sports as we want to give them credit for in disliking us. It's laguahable at times of our own arrogance.

You beat me to it. I was about to make a similar post.
Screw Loserville.
I just know i wouldnt be beside him when hes goin on ,,, You would need a rain coat .. Say dont spray it coach ....
Stardust Wrote:^ Nah, it's just the typical overzealous fan. Honestly, these guys could care less about the teams they discuss. It's the arrogant fan that think's everyone is out to get THEIR team. We as fans have an "us against the world" mentality and always think someone is out to get us. Trust me, commentators, analysts and other media really don't care as much about UK sports as we want to give them credit for in disliking us. It's laguahable at times of our own arrogance.

Touche SD, touche.