Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Shelby Valley 9/9/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Probably the biggest game of the season for both teams!
Thoughts & predictions?
I totally Agree.. Both teams are going to have to fight hard to come out with the W in this game. But I think Valley has the Potential..
Valley does have great potential, and they have a huge team .
so im gonna take valley in this one....i guess ill say 21-7
Yes they sure do. Exspecially with there two big receivers and there backfield. I've also saw there line and they look pretty impressive. But Both teams are going to be fighting hard in this one. We'll see who comes out with the win..
both are good teams but i think Belfry will come out on top...Go PIRATES!!!!
You never know we'll have to see the outcome of this game (; Many people don't understand the talent this Shelby Valley team has to offer..
BigBlue10 Wrote:Yes they sure do. Exspecially with there two big receivers and there backfield. I've also saw there line and they look pretty impressive. But Both teams are going to be fighting hard in this one. We'll see who comes out with the win..

Yes they are very skilled in alot of positions.
The 2 recivers are Andrew Newsome and Nick Wallace these 2 also play outside linebackers. The running backs are Justin Bowling, Wyatt Branham, and Owen Caudill they play nose gaurd corner back and middle line backer. They also have a good QB in Donovan layne, who also plays saftey. This is going to be the biggest game of the year for each team i cant wait to watch them go at it.
Valley all the way!
Yes you are very right. Andrew Newsome and Nick Wallace have a lot of potential at the Wide-Receiver Position.. And there backfield is great ! They are nothing but a powerhouse ! They also have some speed.. There Quarter-Back Donovan Layne is good too. I'll have to say he has an arm on him.. And there defense "Great" they all like to hit and tackle for losses.. Keep up the Good Job Valley !
BigBlue10 Wrote:Yes you are very right. Andrew Newsome and Nick Wallace have a lot of potential at the Wide-Receiver Position.. And there backfield is great ! They are nothing but a powerhouse ! They also have some speed.. There Quarter-Back Donovan Layne is good too. I'll have to say he has an arm on him.. And there defense "Great" they all like to hit and tackle for losses.. Keep up the Good Job Valley !
Yes he does!! Yes there defense will win this game for them IMO!
But first belfry has to stop valley's powerful offense which is going to be hard!
Belfry is also a good team with a powwr offense. I can't wait to watch this game!
I like Valley at Hom by 10
Stardust Wrote:I like Valley at Hom by 10
I think everyone that can should be in attendance. They only play twice this year and more than likely in the county championship IMO. I like valley in this one also!
Yes, everyone who can be in attendance should be. These teams are very good ! And, I would hate to miss them ! Belfry has a hard hitting defense and there up tempo on offense. But Valley's offense is also very good, and there defense is more than what you would expect.. #19 on the defense is an animal at nose-guard.. and the 2 outside linebackers are huge ! All I can say is both of these teams better come out prepared to play some Football..
Great post! This game is only now 3 days away, both teams better be prepared for eachother...if not it could be a long night for one of these team's. Can't wait to watch this game!
if shelby valley's 8th grade is as talented as there b-team, then belfry should have a game on there hands.
meangreenrobinette Wrote:if shelby valley's 8th grade is as talented as there b-team, then belfry should have a game on there hands.
Shelby Valley's A-team is more talented than there B-team IMO.
They have more talent at almost all the skill spots and there alot more well coached and just flat out a better team. i can't wait for this game belfry does have a game on there hands they better be ready is all i can say.
just wanted to point out that 2 years ago these same teams played in the county championship in 6th grade , belfry came out with the win both teams have gotten alot stronger since then. cant wait to watch this game. i think belfry will come out with the win
kitty_cat Wrote:just wanted to point out that 2 years ago these same teams played in the county championship in 6th grade , belfry came out with the win both teams have gotten alot stronger since then. cant wait to watch this game. i think belfry will come out with the win

Well i don't think belfry is about to play the exact same team lol.
They have 4 differint starters that didnt play for there 6ht grade team then..and yes they are hold backs so im just saying this could be a differint story in the game!!!
Give Mason Co some looks because they are good this year. 3-0 so far. Bath Co. on Thursday 9-9-10
All the games they've won have been by 20 or more. They beat Lewis 28-6
I think your on the wrong post lol
Game is tomorrow....any more thoughts?
kitty_cat Wrote:just wanted to point out that 2 years ago these same teams played in the county championship in 6th grade , belfry came out with the win both teams have gotten alot stronger since then. cant wait to watch this game. i think belfry will come out with the win
And, I'd like to point out they did again last year and Shelby Valley won..
And, now there a lot stronger..
How about those Valley Wildcats!!!!!!!!! They defeated Belfry in OT with a score of 22-20. They sure played a hard fought game and came out with a VICTORY!!!! Good Luck Boys!!!
I was very proud of how we played and my hats of to belfry for one heck of a fight . The future looks bright for pike co football . But I was a little embarrased with the refs in the 6th grade game belfrys fans were very upset with the calls and for good reason .. it looks bad when home games are called so one sided . Great rivals and great kids bad refs .:dontthink
Sounds to me like they are pretty evenly matched... Should be a good game we they meet up again... Might have to go watch those little Pirates play....TongueirateSho GO BIG RED!!!!!
They did play and Shelby Valley won by like 14 i think.
8th grade game was great! good job Valley!
BHSPirateMom #1 Wrote:Sounds to me like they are pretty evenly matched... Should be a good game we they meet up again... Might have to go watch those little Pirates play....TongueirateSho GO BIG RED!!!!!

They were evenly matched on the FIELD ... the boys that is ... but ... Need i say more.. ??
football junkie Wrote:I was very proud of how we played and my hats of to belfry for one heck of a fight . The future looks bright for pike co football . But I was a little embarrased with the refs in the 6th grade game belfrys fans were very upset with the calls and for good reason .. it looks bad when home games are called so one sided . Great rivals and great kids bad refs .:dontthink
Are you kidding me?How many flags did you see thrown on belfry versus how many was thrown on valley?It was one sided but not in favor of the home team.Let me tell ya about a holding call against valley,the ref was asked by the coach to give him a number of what player committed the hold and he said number 8,funny thing about that number 8 was the player that took the hand off and ran for a touchdown that was called back.I thought all the teams competed well,and the future is bright for pike county football but any calls good or bad,in favor of or against did not decide the winner in any of the games:dontthink
as I said the calls where bad yes we had more flags thrown on us but it don't make it right our back field jumped 11 straight times and jumped off sides 7 while on defense. Our boys played great but I umpired for 10 years and that was the worst called game I have ever seen . It would have been clear for anyone that knew anything about rules .
Thanks for that !! It's tough to take your kids to play somewhere and watch them get cheated !! If it's all about teaching the kids, what are they accomplishing by having games called this badly ?? I thought that refs would have to be in good physical condition and be able to keep up with the game as well, but we had one in this game that couldn't bend over and pick up his own flag !! I am all for winning, but cheating to get that win is not teaching anyone anything !!! I hope that the rest of the season is much better for all teams involved !!
football junkie Wrote:as I said the calls where bad yes we had more flags thrown on us but it don't make it right our back field jumped 11 straight times and jumped off sides 7 while on defense. Our boys played great but I umpired for 10 years and that was the worst called game I have ever seen . It would have been clear for anyone that knew anything about rules .
Your boys jumped just as much as ours. The reason our kids jumped half the time was because belfrys jumped first, and we ended up gettin the flags.
Stop whining and give Valley the respect the deserve for whoopin blefry!
Good win for Valley.I know Belfry will get better!!!