Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Worst UK moment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What was the worst UK sports moment ever?

Mine was when Christian Laetner (Duke) hit the foul line jump shotas time expired in the Final Four game.
The LSU touchdown at the end of the game a few years back..all the UK fans had already raided the field and were hanging from the goal posts becuase they thought UK had won the game..
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:The LSU touchdown at the end of the game a few years back..all the UK fans had already raided the field and were hanging from the goal posts becuase they thought UK had won the game..

That's embarrassing. Mine would be when UK lost to UAB. I mean come on. Who were those guys/
Christian Laetner.........the name makes me sick.......The Luckiest Shot Ever. The guy wasn't even looking at the goal when he shot and I watched that on tv that he admitted that he didnt look at the goal and has tried that shot many times after never went in.
Terrible.
Oh well, STILL NUMBER ONE ALL TIME IN WINS
GO UK
Laetner's shot and LSU hail mary.
Both - I was upset at both, I dont no which one i was so madd at cuz erbody was watchin tha UK & UAB and I was the only one going for UK i jus hung my head and went to my room even tho I feel they got cheated (ref only counted 4 seconds on a 5 sec volation& when they said Bukie charge when it wasn't) I was heated.
1.) Duke 1992
2.) LSU hail mary TD
3.) Loss to UAB in the NCAA Tourn.
UAB for me. I was there and it was my birthday.
The Laetner shot definately. National stage hard fought game and tow watch Pelphrey and House stand behind L no one fronting him allowing the catch. I was destroyed.
"Showtyme" Wrote:The Laetner shot definately. National stage hard fought game and tow watch Pelphrey and House stand behind L no one fronting him allowing the catch. I was destroyed.

I wished Timberlake would of kicked Laetners butt! When he stomped..I still have flashbacks of that game today!
Laettner. Sadly, one of the most memorable UK moments across the nation.
The press conference where we hired Brooks.
I had class with Timberlake, he was well chastised for not kicking the crap out Cl.
LSU...cause I don't remember 1992 and I was at the football game...about 8 rows from the field ready to run...but told my friends to wait until it was over....because it WAS Kentucky.... :?
The Duke game of course is #1
#2 Marty Moore in the bowl game with the game winning interception if he would have just got on the ground but no try and run it back ,fumble, lose the BOWL game.
I personally think a bad moment in UK sports was the 1993 football game against Florida. The Wildcats had the #7 nationally ranked Gators down late in the game at Commonwealth Stadium, but a last-second touchdown pass thrown by Florida freshman Danny Weurffel put Florida over the top, winning 24-20. I thought it was UK's first chance and best chance in a long time to beat a very good opponent and they had it won.
The Duke Game is by far the worst ever. My buddy has had season tickets for a few years now and the seats are in the first row at the railing behind the goal post. he called from his cell phone as he was going over the rail and then called again when he went back to his seat. That was a funny one( him doing that not the game ...the game was a terriable loss)
Also when Kansas beat us sooooo bad in 89 I have hated them and Roy Williams ever since.
2nd worse UK Moment though has gotta be when they placed us on probation and Sutton left and got off scott free. We had to pay the price for 3 years and he got a cushy job at OK state. What a crock! That was so shameful for the program and the state
"rodzilla23" Wrote:The Duke Game is by far the worst ever. My buddy has had season tickets for a few years now and the seats are in the first row at the railing behind the goal post. he called from his cell phone as he was going over the rail and then called again when he went back to his seat. That was a funny one( him doing that not the game ...the game was a terriable loss)
Also when Kansas beat us sooooo bad in 89 I have hated them and Roy Williams ever since.
2nd worse UK Moment though has gotta be when they placed us on probation and Sutton left and got off scott free. We had to pay the price for 3 years and he got a cushy job at OK state. What a crock! That was so shameful for the program and the state

Painful memories, Rod.. Sad
Peach Bowl loss was another bad moment, had the lead and momentum the entire game. Just can't finish.
"rodzilla23" Wrote:The Duke Game is by far the worst ever. My buddy has had season tickets for a few years now and the seats are in the first row at the railing behind the goal post. he called from his cell phone as he was going over the rail and then called again when he went back to his seat. That was a funny one( him doing that not the game ...the game was a terriable loss)

I'm confused. Are you talking about the LSU hail mary?
"Beef" Wrote:LSU...cause I don't remember 1992 and I was at the football game...about 8 rows from the field ready to run...but told my friends to wait until it was over....because it WAS Kentucky.... :?

I was there too.. it was kinda funny that so many people were already on the field when LSU scored though..
A terrible moment that no one realized how bad it was at the time is when Derek Anderson tore his ACL against Canisius in 1997. His injury left us just short of a 3-peat and kept us from being the undisputed greatest program of the 1990s.
When they lost Rick Pitino!
I'm gonna add one that made me sick, it might not make some but it does me. Marquette game in the NCAA tourney 2 years ago. Noone had even heard of Dwayne Wade before the NCAA tourney, he made UK look foolish, and what was up with Estill that game, he let the big man from Marquette make him look like an idiot, like he had never played basketball before, UK should have won it all that year.
duke in 1992 by far, duke was so highly favored in that game, to see kentucky come that close with the team they had was depressing...o well duke still suks

national champs.
kentucky-7
duke-3
I dont think you understand. I was at the UAB game....it was my birthday....we lost in the second round.
excuse me 4leaf but duke is an arch rival, and that game is considered the greatest college basketball game ever!......that UAB was a shocker but in no sense did it capture the intensity of that game..
Bringing in Bill Curry!!!
I understand that it was the best game ever.
But couldnt they have just won that game for me haha
the most recent was the UAB game
but I have come to expect things like the LSU game from UK football I mean come on they are horrible...
but i will say the Duke game tops my list