Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 40 Wayne Co. 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lex. Cath's 8th grade outlasted Wayne Co. 40-34 in the Bluegrass Bowl Sat. afternoon in a game that had Wayne Co. leading 34-32 at halftime. Very exciting game to watch as Lexington Catholic's quarterback passed for over 250 yrds and 4 touchdowns and Wayne Co. countered with their quarterback rushing for over 250 yrds. and scoring all 5 of their touchdowns. The heat seemed to be the only factor that could slow down the scoring as Lex Cath had to play the 2nd half without 3 of their receivers and the Wayne co. rushing quarterback began cramping up.

The Lexington Catholic 7th grade team also won their game against Wayne Co. 30-0.
I was in Lex. this weekend and thought what the heck.I'm glad I decided to go watch these 2 8 grade teams,exellent,exciting game! I went into it not knowing anything about either team except reading about the Ryan kid QB for LC.Boy Was I impressed!This game was a real eye opener for the brand of football was at a higher level of play than what I've been witnessing in EKY.The 2 QB'S were in a head 2head matchup that was amazing!The QB from WC was a man-child, looked like a future Stud TB to me really agressive runner.All I can say about the QB for LC is WOW.I didnt believe an 8th grade QB could possibly be as polished as the Ryan kid,he showed tremendous control and accuracy.It felt more like watching a JR or SR HS QB,and a good 1 at that!He showed poise beonyd his years in leading LC back from behind.If there is a better 8th grade QB in the state I havent seen him,and I have watched many in the past few years.If he continues to develop LC is in for a good ride for the next few years.:Clap: