Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kyle Wiltjer commits to Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UK adds another 5 star recruit for 2011
Keep them coming.
It is just unreal how much talent is coming in 2011!
Can you say P-U-M-P-E-D?!
Dude!!! This came out of nowhere!! I can not believe this, in no way was this kid even in my mind for that class. This is impressive to say the least and the class isnt even nearly done. I say, get one more maybe two and this class will be solidified as the best class ever!!
Wow, I remember hearing this kid's name with UK a while back but didn't realize we were actually after him this hard. Very nice addition, I love his game. I say add Behanan, Wroten, or Rivers and call it a day, and another #1 class.
I have watched several tapes of this kid and this kid can ball..... Think of a Tyler Hansbourgh type of kid with more outside game
Benchwarmer Wrote:Keep them coming.

:Thumbs:
RoShamBo Wrote:Wow, I remember hearing this kid's name with UK a while back but didn't realize we were actually after him this hard. Very nice addition, I love his game. I say add Behanan, Wroten, or Rivers and call it a day, and another #1 class.

I think that Rivers may have chopped us from his list. I think that we are good either way seeing as though Teague was the BIGGEST get as far as guards as concerned. Rivers would be nice but in my honest opinion I think that Knight ends up staying for one more year and completes his degree. So I think getting Behanan and one more player will wrap up the class.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that Rivers may have chopped us from his list. I think that we are good either way seeing as though Teague was the BIGGEST get as far as guards as concerned. Rivers would be nice but in my honest opinion I think that Knight ends up staying for one more year and completes his degree. So I think getting Behanan and one more player will wrap up the class.

Yeah I just checked Rivers list and you are right, he cut it down to Duke, UNC, Kansas, and Florida. That will be fine though, like you said if we end up with Teague and Knight on campus at the same time it will be more than enough at the PG position.

One thing is for sure, the commitment of Wiltjer pretty much puts to rest any belief that we are still pursuing Quincy Miller. Let him play up the road if that's what he wants.
Im completely fine with what Cal thinks. If he thinks it is beneficial to the program and to the class to have a guy or couple guys (if we get Behanan) that will be duration players and stay 3-4 years then I think it is a fantastic move. I know that Cal see a lot of potential in this kid and he just has to work hard, develop his muscle tone, try to get faster and keep his nose in the books. Everyone of these characteristics will prove to be a AMAZING here at UK if he is a good student and a valuable multi year player. I am all for Kyle!
Multiple year players would be nice.
NICE pick-up
Its kinda getting redicious guys, yet another solid pick up for the Cats. This time tho its nice to see Cal pick up a solid two or three year guy. But.... We all know what Cal can do for those kinda players, look at Orton and Bledsoe!
This class is already by far the #1 for 2011, without this guy. But, I'm greatful we have him, and hope he stays and makes a great career. He'll never have anyone love him like the Big Blue Nation will. I'm excited for him. And us!
I know we got some big time commitments in 2011 would anyone care to tell me some of there names.
Good stuff.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I know we got some big time commitments in 2011 would anyone care to tell me some of there names.

Michael Gilchrist- 5 star/ #1 small forward
Marquis Teague- 5 star/ #1 point guard
Anthony Davis- 5 star/ #1/2 power forward
Kyle Wiltjer- 5 star/ #6 power forward

Still looking to get:
Chane Behanan- 5 star/ #5 power forward
Trevor Lacey- 4 star/ #7 shooting guard
Count Deuce Bello and Quincy Miller out.. They don't even have UK listed anymore Sad( U of L is at the top of their list however.
So this guy is for sure (pretty much) a 2 year guy at least?
Ballers Wrote:Count Deuce Bello and Quincy Miller out.. They don't even have UK listed anymore Sad( U of L is at the top of their list however.

Good. Now we can bend them over and make them wish they had went somewhere else. :flame: :moon:
Ballers Wrote:Count Deuce Bello and Quincy Miller out.. They don't even have UK listed anymore Sad( U of L is at the top of their list however.

vundy33 Wrote:So this guy is for sure (pretty much) a 2 year guy at least?

I am fine without Deuce Bello, but Miller was a big time player. I think that that class is still one of the best ever but for him to be so high on them early on,it just kinda feels weird. But in Cal I trust and I know that he will rack in Lacey and who ever.
Yes!!!!!
lol, vundy I hope your right.. Only time will tell.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Michael Gilchrist- 5 star/ #1 small forward
Marquis Teague- 5 star/ #1 point guard
Anthony Davis- 5 star/ #1/2 power forward
Kyle Wiltjer- 5 star/ #6 power forward

Still looking to get:
Chane Behanan- 5 star/ #5 power forward
Trevor Lacey- 4 star/ #7 shooting guard

Lacey is a must... I'll take Behanan but we can go without him now that we have Wiltjer and Davis. However we need to add a sharp shooter like Lacey
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Lacey is a must... I'll take Behanan but we can go without him now that we have Wiltjer and Davis. However we need to add a sharp shooter like Lacey

I agree! Lacey is a must for this class to make it solid throughout! I think that he is now a HUGE part of this class!
I wish Cal would get up off his lazy *** and start recruiting somebody.
From Kyle.

"I'm going into college thinking I'm going to stay for four years," Wiltjer says. "I'm just going to work my hardest and whatever happens, happens. If there is an opportunity to go earlier (to the NBA), I'm going to take it. I'm going to keep an open mind."
Great pickup for UK!

This guy will be the backbone of the team for several years, providing experience in a time when many top-10 players are leaving after one season. Can't wait to see him in UK blue!
This was a very nice pickup for the BBN!! I think this guy will end up being a "Patrick Patterson" type player. Not like PP on the court, but off the court. He seems very humble just like Patrick and will be a fan favorite in due time. Oct. 15 can't get here soon enough!!! GO BIG BLUE!!
Wildcats11 Wrote:This was a very nice pickup for the BBN!! I think this guy will end up being a "Patrick Patterson" type player. Not like PP on the court, but off the court. He seems very humble just like Patrick and will be a fan favorite in due time. Oct. 15 can't get here soon enough!!! GO BIG BLUE!!

^I agree.
The videos I watched on this kid, I liked what I saw. Has great hands, great on the boards, and can shoot from the perimeter. I love how Cal is getting a bunch of bigger guys that can get it done on both ends of the court and all over the court.
Pages: 1 2