Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best back in the Big Sandy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
out of watching the grid-o-rama and some games i think number 2 for lcc is a terrific running back
He's a good running back that runs the ball really hard for me. I am fortunate this year to have #2 Hunter Hall, my fullback Tyler Hall, Joe Banks and Aaron Tackett along with my big ol' QB that runs the ball as well as all of them, nice little five headed monster to work with, sometimes I don't have enough footballs to go around but they never complain about how many carries they get or don't get and they are always proud of each other. All of these backs have worked really hard during the summer and they make my job a whole lot easier calling the offense. The fumble bug bit us early in scrimmages and I hope they read this because it's something that all of them can work on. But remember guys your only successful if your line does their job so don't forget to give them props daily because they are the ones that never get the credit for the TD's that you guys get the glory for.
I gotta give our little running back at Leslie Co. #5 Chris Wilson some props.. He makes a lot of runs on his own due to the fact our huge line isn't in shape and blocking anyone...
I Rule The World,

I would agree completely. He was a big part of our game plan against you guys, he had our attention for sure. In my opinion he is one of the better back's I've seen in the past few years in the Big Sandy. I'll give him this much, we kept hitting him from every angle, two and three Cougars at a time would tee off on him and he kept getting up quicker than we did. I grabbed him out of the handshake line at the end and told him how impressed I was with him.
Brandon Jones from Hazard is pretty good.
Well Howard that sounds like you have a backfield In a half do you think any of them will play an important role in highschool
#8 & #12 for johnson central middle, #8 for Hazard, #44 & #32 Allen, #23 Adams, #20 Betsy Layne. These are all good backs from big sandy conf.
Wildcat Pride,

All of the kids I mention will play high school football but how good they turn out will be up to them, they all need work but could develop into good players at the next level. I said they all are talented and run hard but Johnson Central proved that if the line doesn't block for them it doesn't really matter how good they are. We put the ball on the ground several times against JC and I had mentioned that in an earlier post and it came true and we shot ourselves in the foot on three different possessions in the the JC game, fumbled inside their 20 3 times. So they are talented but need much work before I can say they are ready to move on. But then again the Johnson Central team is going to make a lot of backs look average at best this year.
The Jones kid is a dandy. Big, strong, and fast and when I talked to him after our game he was pleasant to talk to.
Coach Howard Wrote:Wildcat Pride,

All of the kids I mention will play high school football but how good they turn out will be up to them, they all need work but could develop into good players at the next level. I said they all are talented and run hard but Johnson Central proved that if the line doesn't block for them it doesn't really matter how good they are. We put the ball on the ground several times against JC and I had mentioned that in an earlier post and it came true and we shot ourselves in the foot on three different possessions in the the JC game, fumbled inside their 20 3 times. So they are talented but need much work before I can say they are ready to move on. But then again the Johnson Central team is going to make a lot of backs look average at best this year.

The two kids in question for JC were Belcher and Adkins. For the game Belcher had 7 carries for 139 yards and 2 TD's and Adkins had 9 carries for 61 yards and 1 TD. Adkins also caught 3 passes for 106 yards and 2 TD's.
Brandon jones is good.
Lawrence County #28 Morgan O'Brian
Thomcat,

I saw where you were responding to my post. I hope you didn't think I was talking about your line not blocking, I was talking about mine and our turnovers and inability to run the ball at times against you guys. Obviously your line blocked freakishly good for your backs and they ran the ball at will against us. We had no answer to your passing game or your two backs ability to run the ball against us.
well that is true coach howard,you cant run the ball without a line.
I think it would be brandon jones from hazard and dalton frasure...