Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eloy Vargas -- Eligble!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eloy Vargas is now eligible.

One of the two Kentucky big men absent from the team's recent basketball trip to Canada is officially in the fold.

Eloy Vargas, a 6-foot-11, 225-pound junior forward from Plantation, Fla., has been cleared to play at UK, the team announced Friday.

Vargas successfully completed required work on his degree at Miami-Dade Community College, enabling him to gain academic eligibility at UK.

Kentucky is still awaiting word on the eligibility of 6-foot-11 Enes Kanter. The freshman has qualified academically but the NCAA is addressing questions about Kanter's time with a professional team in Turkey.

Vargas originally landed at the University of Florida as a highly touted recruit out of high school. He missed the first 11 games of his freshman season while recovering from off-season ankle surgery and saw limited playing time upon his return, averaging 0.6 points and 0.7 rebounds. Vargas also encountered some academic problems at Florida and transferred to Miami-Dade after his freshman year. Once healthy, he averaged 21.1 points, 14.1 rebounds and 3.4 blocked shots per game for Miami-Dade.

Vargas will have two years of eligibility at UK.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/27/14096...z0xq9ZZElJ
Fantastic news!! I can rest a little easier tonight!
Ballers Wrote:Eloy Vargas is now eligible.

One of the two Kentucky big men absent from the team's recent basketball trip to Canada is officially in the fold.

Eloy Vargas, a 6-foot-11, 225-pound junior forward from Plantation, Fla., has been cleared to play at UK, the team announced Friday.

Vargas successfully completed required work on his degree at Miami-Dade Community College, enabling him to gain academic eligibility at UK.

Kentucky is still awaiting word on the eligibility of 6-foot-11 Enes Kanter. The freshman has qualified academically but the NCAA is addressing questions about Kanter's time with a professional team in Turkey.

Vargas originally landed at the University of Florida as a highly touted recruit out of high school. He missed the first 11 games of his freshman season while recovering from off-season ankle surgery and saw limited playing time upon his return, averaging 0.6 points and 0.7 rebounds. Vargas also encountered some academic problems at Florida and transferred to Miami-Dade after his freshman year. Once healthy, he averaged 21.1 points, 14.1 rebounds and 3.4 blocked shots per game for Miami-Dade.

Vargas will have two years of eligibility at UK.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/27/14096...z0xq9ZZElJ

That should help them out a lot.

However, this post needs to be edited or deleted as it is in direct violation of rule #5.

5.You may not post any content or links to competitor sites within the state without written consent from BlueGrassrivals.com. Websites, excluded from this rule are rivals.com, catpause.com, ukathletics.com, and KHSAA.org. Your post will be removed and you will receive a warning from a staff member. Your second warning will result in your account being suspended.

:cop:
zaga_fan Wrote:That should help them out a lot.

However, this post needs to be edited or deleted as it is in direct violation of rule #5.

5.You may not post any content or links to competitor sites within the state without written consent from BlueGrassrivals.com. Websites, excluded from this rule are rivals.com, catpause.com, ukathletics.com, and KHSAA.org. Your post will be removed and you will receive a warning from a staff member. Your second warning will result in your account being suspended.

Oh no, I just got busted. Sad
Where can you find the rules for the website?

Ballers Wrote:Oh no, I just got busted. Sad

Shame on you Ballers. Everyone always reads the rulebook! :rules:
Great NEws/
Great news for Kentucky and Vargas, now we have a legitimate center that not named Harrellson or Miller
Great news! What about Kanter?
Zaga is just praying that he gets word from an admin saying he's now a moderator!!!
vundy33 Wrote:Zaga is just praying that he gets word from an admin saying he's now a moderator!!!
:lmao:
vundy33 Wrote:Zaga is just praying that he gets word from an admin saying he's now a moderator!!!

lol
I could only dream:biggrin:
MisterPerfect Wrote:Great news! What about Kanter?

I fully expect to hear some news about Kanter very soon..
Right now my guess is that the NCAA is just probing around making sure everything is fine.. I was looking at other sites and they are just rivals sites downing Kanter saying he's being paid and so on and so forth.
I would not be surprised to see the Kanter situation go all the way down to the week before the season or something like that. It ALWAYS takes the clearinghouse a extended period of time to get through something like this. Especially if it is a first time case.
well, the thing is, the team that he played with isnt really cooperating with the clearinghouse, they would much rather see him back overseas.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:well, the thing is, the team that he played with isnt really cooperating with the clearinghouse, they would much rather see him back overseas.

^^^ This
Wildcatk23 Wrote:well, the thing is, the team that he played with isnt really cooperating with the clearinghouse, they would much rather see him back overseas.

Yea, I know that it is being taken as far as they can take it. I think that something breaks in the case and a decision is made. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
zaga_fan Wrote:That should help them out a lot.

Kentucky.com is a public domain, thus is a media outlet that does not require subscription services. This is not a rules violation.
Having Vargas eligible is 50% of the big men that UK will need this coming season.
Great news, only hope now that our big ENES can get cleared.
^ You and me both brother!! I think that Enus is the key to a championship run. The team will fine without him but he is a big part to make a championship run. His rebounding and inside game would be a fantastic attribute to a team that is pretty thin down low.
Stardust Wrote:Having Vargas eligible is 50% of the big men that UK will need this coming season.

So true!
Stardust Wrote:Kentucky.com is a public domain, thus is a media outlet that does not require subscription services. This is not a rules violation.

Well we need to revise rule #5 then...
because it says nothing about the use of public domains.
It states we can't use anything from competitor sites within the state without permission and it lists a few that are excluded.
Nothing about public or private domains is listed in rule 5TongueirateSho