Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KNOX MIDDLE vs BELL CO. 8TH Grade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Great game, hard fought, both teams are are very good, big -speed, great game to watch.Bell Co 8 -- Knox Co. 6 KNOX had a few starters out, and Bell lost thier big back on the first play of the game, possible collar bone injury, I hope he is ok.
yes great game, hated it ended with the benches clear. #32 is done for the season it is broke
It was a good game to watch. Some of the Bell people I talked too said the majority of Bell's team are all 7th graders? That is good that they are young but bad for the HS in a few years. I know they had a small 8th grade class last year and now this year?

Anyway great game. Hope the boy from Bell is ok.
Close game. Both teams are really good. Knox Co. coaches may want to work on sportsmanship and how to treat visiting teams.
that they do. Its going to be fun in a few weeks @ Bell when Knox comes a calling
While I don't think the way the Knox County players acted the way they should, I know that the Bell County fans and coaching staff have no room to point the finger. At last years game a kid had to be ejected while Knox County was trying to take a knee because he was trying to kick and punch the Knox County players. Bell County coaching staff actually celebrated after their kids fought, while Knox County addressed the issue right away. Things like this happen in close competitive rivalry games. So before you are so quick to judge one team remember it takes two teams for a scuffle to occur.
Amen
William Muney Wrote:It was a good game to watch. Some of the Bell people I talked too said the majority of Bell's team are all 7th graders? That is good that they are young but bad for the HS in a few years. I know they had a small 8th grade class last year and now this year?

Anyway great game. Hope the boy from Bell is ok.

Bell Co did pretty good last year only having 7 seniors. State Semi finalist isnt to shabby because that class was a small 8th grade too.

This year Bell Co dresses exactly 50 players with 11 being freshmen. So how many 8th graders did Bell Co have last year? Seriously I have no clue, just wondering if some came out that hasnt ever played Middle School ball before.
I think that Bell has only about five or six 8th graders and I think it may have been about the same last year.
Bell Middle Has A Very Strong Team, They Are 5 - 0 With Wins Over Powell Tn., Whitley Co., N. Pulaski, Knox Co, and Evarts. They Will Get A Real Test Saturday As They Travel To Knoxville To Play Fulton Middle Tn. Teams Better Keep An Eye On This Bunch, They Will Be A Hard Out In The Playoffs.
CatBlue Wrote:Bell Middle Has A Very Strong Team, They Are 5 - 0 With Wins Over Powell Tn., Whitley Co., N. Pulaski, Knox Co, and Evarts. They Will Get A Real Test Saturday As They Travel To Knoxville To Play Fulton Middle Tn. Teams Better Keep An Eye On This Bunch, They Will Be A Hard Out In The Playoffs.
i heard they lost their premier back{collar bone}.i dont think they will beat new harlan or knox{who had qb and a lineman out}if they even play them again?
They did loose there Running Back, But they have 4 other Good backs. When they played Knox two of there backs did not play and also there starting center did not play, They are all back now. They will miss the big physical back but the kid that ran against Knox is just as physical, plus the two backs that didnt play have a lot of speed, and they have another kid that ran against Knox who will stick up in the hole. They play New Harlan twice and Knox one more time so we shall see. The big running back could be back for the playoffs, He already has full movement back.
CatBlue Wrote:They did loose there Running Back, But they have 4 other Good backs. When they played Knox two of there backs did not play and also there starting center did not play, They are all back now. They will miss the big physical back but the kid that ran against Knox is just as physical, plus the two backs that didnt play have a lot of speed, and they have another kid that ran against Knox who will stick up in the hole. They play New Harlan twice and Knox one more time so we shall see. The big running back could be back for the playoffs, He already has full movement back.
good to hear the kid is doing good.those should all be good games,i would like to watch some,anyone know the dates.
I think they play Knox Sept 23 at Bell Co. and play New Harlan Sept 30 at New Harlan and then they play New Harlan at home in Oct.
[quote=CatBlue]I think they play Knox Sept 23 at Bell Co. and play New Harlan Sept 30 at New Harlan and then they play New Harlan at home in Oct.[

Lexington Catholic is scheduled to play Bell Co. on Saturday, September 25th. If they play Knox on thurs. 23rd and New Harlan on 30th, then that will make for a tough week of football. Does anyone know how Bell. co. did this past Saturday against the Knoxville team?
You are right Knighted, I heard The Bell Co. coach was trying to move up the Knox Co. game because of the Lexington Cath game. Then you throw in Rival Middlesboro this thursday and thats four tough games in a short period of time. I have not heard who won the Bell vs Fulton game it might have got cancelled because of all the rain Saturday.
knighted Wrote:[quote=CatBlue]I think they play Knox Sept 23 at Bell Co. and play New Harlan Sept 30 at New Harlan and then they play New Harlan at home in Oct.[

Lexington Catholic is scheduled to play Bell Co. on Saturday, September 25th. If they play Knox on thurs. 23rd and New Harlan on 30th, then that will make for a tough week of football. Does anyone know how Bell. co. did this past Saturday against the Knoxville team?

Bell is trying to not play knox on the 23rd.
I think bell should handle catholic just because of their physical nature and ball control offense. LC has a great QB but he will be tested by Bell.

And I also heard Bell was wanting to cancel on Knox because of their schedule. Not sure why a Thursday Saturday turn around is such a problem schools do it all the time.
RichBrooks Wrote:I think bell should handle catholic just because of their physical nature and ball control offense. LC has a great QB but he will be tested by Bell.

And I also heard Bell was wanting to cancel on Knox because of their schedule. Not sure why a Thursday Saturday turn around is such a problem schools do it all the time.

TRUE:rockon:
RichBrooks Wrote:I think bell should handle catholic just because of their physical nature and ball control offense. LC has a great QB but he will be tested by Bell.

I also feel that Bell's physical nature might present problems with Lex
Cath, especially if they run a ball control style offense. Lex Cath does have a very good QB but in that style of offense will will not get as many chances to run plays as we are used to since Bell Co. will shorten the game. We start 4 or 5 seventh graders on both sides of the ball so size will be an issue. We play Frankfort this thurs. and then leave for Lone Oak saturday morning, then we play Paris next wed. and Bell Co. saturday. This gives us 4 games in 10 days so even if Bell Co. does play Knox thursday i'm pretty sure we will be beat up and bruised pretty bad also.
Lets get one thing straight, Bell is not trying to cancell the game because i know for a fact that they Are trying to get Knox to play on Monday or Tuesday and they wont do it so lets not talk on here like they dont want to play , They already beat them once. If Knox cant then they cant but lets not act like Bell is trying to get out of it. They will meet in the playoffs.
Knighted you say you all start 4 or 5 7th graders, Well we start 4 or 5 8th graders.
I can assure you that Knox wants Bell again this time with their starting QB in the lineup. I would venture to say that the outcome will be quite different.
CatBlue Wrote:Lets get one thing straight, Bell is not trying to cancell the game because i know for a fact that they Are trying to get Knox to play on Monday or Tuesday and they wont do it so lets not talk on here like they dont want to play , They already beat them once. If Knox cant then they cant but lets not act like Bell is trying to get out of it. They will meet in the playoffs.
Knighted you say you all start 4 or 5 7th graders, Well we start 4 or 5 8th graders.

LOL, what are you drinking CatBlue? Where did you get an idea that I was implying that Bell County was trying to cancel out of our game? I"m positive that Bell Co. would want to come to Lexington and pound on Catholic's head. I'm sure they will enjoy themselves here. All I was saying was that with OUR schedule,(meaning 4 games in 10 days) and OUR having no bench to sub in when we have injuries, we will have a hard way to go playing a tough, physical team like Bell Co. Have another sip CatBlue and rest easy. I have all the respect for Bell Co. in that they would not back down fom any team. I was mostly complaining that our coach shouldn't of scheduled 3 other games the week of when we play a team like Bell County.
I"m sorry CatBlue but I mistakenly took your post toward Lex Cath and after reading it again I tried to edit my post but ran out of time before I saved it. Just ignore anything that seemed offensive and you guys have safe trip when you drive up to Lexington on the 25th.
CatBlue Wrote:Lets get one thing straight, Bell is not trying to cancell the game because i know for a fact that they Are trying to get Knox to play on Monday or Tuesday and they wont do it so lets not talk on here like they dont want to play , They already beat them once. If Knox cant then they cant but lets not act like Bell is trying to get out of it. They will meet in the playoffs.

OK lets get one thing straight, Bell is trying to cancel the game on THURSDAY the 23rd---TRUE. Bell wants Knox to play on Monday not tuesday, Bell coach said he couldn't play on Tuesday he has a meeting...Knox played Lastnight at Wayne Co. and beat them 40-6, then they play Harlan Co. on thursday and then play South L on saturday and Bell wants them to play on Monday. Well I guess Bell would like to play our fourth game in 8 days. So if you say Bell will play on Tuesday make it happen...if not take a forfiet on thursday...and if I were you I would know to whole story, your coach has a game with KNOX on THURSDAY 23rd HONOR IT.....and yes you did beat us 8 - 6 without 4 of our starters so feel good enjoy and who knows maybe you'll win again but not on Monday....Maybe Tuesday or maybe Thursday, so I hope you have it straight now..................................

KNOX on THURSDAY 23rd HONOR IT.....
Bell is not as good as you guys obviously think cause they got it handed to them tonight.
highschoolfan Wrote:KNOX on THURSDAY 23rd HONOR IT.....

What happened with the Bell Co. vs Knox game on thursday? Did they play? Is it rescheduled?
seems like Bell dominated Whitley but Whitley picked up a solid win over Kc a few weeks ago.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:seems like Bell dominated Whitley but Whitley picked up a solid win over Kc a few weeks ago.

whitley Co. beat Knox County last week? What was score?
Pages: 1 2 3