Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Do Cats need an offensive coordinator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who should be Kentucky's offensive coordinator?

An up-and-comer ready to make his mark at a higher level? An old pro who can impart his collected wisdom to today's youth? A creative type who knows a different way to put a charge into the Cats?

We don't mean a football offensive coordinator for Rich Brooks.

We mean a basketball offensive coordinator for Tubby Smith.

As the UK offense struggles, people are asking whether Smith needs an offensive coordinator.

Interestingly enough, into his ninth year as head coach here, Tubby's teams have shot 46.7 percent from the floor. In Rick Pitino's eight years as head coach here, his Kentucky teams shot the exact same 46.7 percent from the floor.

The difference comes in points per game. Smith's teams are averaging 75.6 points per game. Pitino's teams averaged 87.0 points per game.

In fact, the current Cats are averaging 70.6 points, the second-lowest output under Smith. His 1999-2000 team, which finished 23-10, averaged 69.1.

Every Pitino team at Kentucky averaged at least 83.1 points per game. No Smith team has averaged more than 80.1 points, the output of the 1997-98 team that
i enjoyed that.
From my point of view I would like to see uk go into a offensive set a little sooner
sometimes it seems as though they wait until 9 seconds is left on the shot clock to run the play