Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Re: UK or Duke? Who would win??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
duke all the way there are just too many aspects to the blue devil's game contrary to tthe belif that redick is god. sheldon william is a dominatee force in the paint.
I have always been a UK fan but I believe w/o a bigman UK will continue to lose to superior opponents this year. I mean we lost to a sorry Indiana, North Carolina, almost lost the last two games to teams that have never been powerhouses.

I would have to pick Duke as of now. Give us the big man back and lift the reigns off of Rondo Duke could not win. Smith is the master of defense. Riddick may get his points but UK would take the game.

D[size=7]UK[size=5]E[/size][/size]
[size=7][size=5]
[/size][/size]
neutral court it is a toss up this year. Duke is overrated as usual and UK is just not playin well right now.
def would like to see it though and see UK winning would be awesome.
Reddick and Williams would dominate UK, espicially Williams if Morris wasnt playing but he would be. As much as I hate to say this but I would take Duke by atleast 5 points if at Rupp or anywhere else, but at Cameron? 10+
:wtf1: Duke would kill UK this year i noticed seeing some1 saying duke was overrated wat about UK there the most overated team in college basketball
this year duke would beat UK anywhere they played Confusedhithappe
Duke would kill kentucky...I would say Duke would beat them by bout 30
hopefully uk
Duke by 20
uk
Duke by a lot this year!~
Do you really believe that UK would beat Duke this year... J.J. Redick is not the only person on the team that can hurt you. Shelden Williams, reigning defensive player of the year, would absolutely dominate. Sean Dockery and Lee Melchionni are great extras guys to have because if J.J. or Shelden is not scoring these two can contribute as well and the freshmen, Paulus and McRoberts, are absolutely amazing. Duke manhandled Texas, beat Indiana, although not by much, and Memphis, many of you will argue that they barely beat Virginia Tech, but let me remind you UK barely beat CENTRAL FLORIDA. Duke is just to much for UK this year and if you think UK can beat them, you obviously haven't watched Duke play this year...
Even though i bleed blue every uk fan knows that uk cannot beat duke this year. They can barely beat ohio and central florida.
Duke
Uk
"thejuggernauts" Wrote:Duke by 15+ ANYWHERE

Duke would not beat UK anywere but Durham, NC in cameron indoor stadium and UK's team this year would step up and they would lay it to Duke. Uk matches up with Duke better than anyone, they play there game with there guards uk has 4 or 5 guards that play in there games.
Guys this thread is over a year old, if you would like to, please start a new one, thanks!
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Guys this thread is over a year old, if you would like to, please start a new one, thanks!
Nevermind I did it for you, I just split the old thread...have fun.......

That being said, I would take D_ _ E by 10.
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Duke would not beat UK anywere but Durham, NC in cameron indoor stadium and UK's team this year would step up and they would lay it to Duke. Uk matches up with Duke better than anyone, they play there game with there guards uk has 4 or 5 guards that play in there games.
So where do you get Blue tinted glasses? Are they real Blue Bockers?
"98NCCalum" Wrote:So where do you get Blue tinted glasses? Are they real Blue Bockers?
Do they look like this?
I think those are your IU 'red' tinted glasses there bub.
And wait....arn't both teams blue??? Wink
"Beef" Wrote:I think those are your IU 'red' tinted glasses there bub.
Beef, you really think UK is on Duke's level?
"Beef" Wrote:I think those are your IU 'red' tinted glasses there bub.
And my "red-tinted glasses" are 26 points better than your wittle puddy tats this year baby!!!!!
True 98 True :bow:.....but no, I don't think that UK is as good as Duke, but then agian I don't think that Duke it the #1 team in the nation eaither....
Well lets just wait see how much better Kentucky will be when the big man returns. Morris will demand a double team and that will free up the guards and hopefully sparks will come out of his slump. Kentucky will most likely end up with a 1 or 2 seed again this year. Without a quality big man it would of been impossible and Kentucky would struggled all season. I honestly believe Morris is the missing puzzle piece. Kentuckys defense is superb. Morris will open up the offense and create more rebounds. If they would of had a good big man to bang around down low and grab some boards then Kentucky would most likey on have one loss to IU.

When the news was dropped that Morris was ineligible all season I had doubts about this team making the NCAA tourney. Any team would struggle without a descent inside presence. But I think Morris's not being able to play has allowed others on the team to improve their game.

If Morris doesn't get injured. Kentucky will be fine and finish ranked in the top 10 and get a 1 or 2 seed.
"Beef" Wrote:True 98 True :bow:.....but no, I don't think that UK is as good as Duke, but then agian I don't think that Duke it the #1 team in the nation eaither....
They've not shown any reason to say they are not yet. Do you think there may be a little UK-D_ _e rivalry/hatred talking there?

Everyone said Texas would kill them, they spanked em. I know Texas was obviously overrated but, still D_ _e is not over rated. They are without a doubt a Top 5 team in the country, and UK is maybe Top 15.

If you say well hey, they've had too many close games against bad teams, then
I say, hey, they still won and how do Iona, Ohio U. and Central Florida sound?

Just face it, D_ _e is good, and better than UK this year.
"torQQue" Wrote:If Morris doesn't get injured. Kentucky will be fine and finish ranked in the top 10 and get a 1 or 2 seed.

No chance. That;s my opinion, and we'll see how it plays out, but I see them losing at least 5 more games. That won't get you a 1 or a 2.

There are a lot more holes in that team than you all want to admit.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:They've not shown any reason to say they are not yet. Do you think there may be a little UK-D_ _e rivalry/hatred talking there?

Everyone said Texas would kill them, they spanked em. I know Texas was obviously overrated but, still D_ _e is not over rated. They are without a doubt a Top 5 team in the country, and UK is maybe Top 15.

If you say well hey, they've had too many close games against bad teams, then
I say, hey, they still won and how do Iona, Ohio U. and Central Florida sound?

Just face it, D_ _e is good, and better than UK this year.
I never said that UK was a good as Duke, all I said was that I thought that Duke wasn't number one. Who knows though, we may just get to see this matchup come tourney time..... :beer:
"98NCCalum" Wrote:No chance. That;s my opinion, and we'll see how it plays out, but I see them losing at least 5 more games. That won't get you a 1 or a 2.
There are a lot more holes in that team than you all want to admit.

You are right losing 8 total games isnt get to get you a number 1 seed. But we don't for sure just what kind of impact Morris will have on the Cats. I think he will be a force because he will be playing to prove himself. Last year he thought he could just walk right into the NBA. He knows his remaining time with Kentucky is his chance to show a NBA team his potential.

If Morris plays like he is cable, crawford and bradley keep improving like they have been.. and then along with Rondo.. This team could be hard to deal with it. Especially if sparks gets out of his shooting slump.. I honestly believe Kentucky will run Vanderbilt out of the gym on the tenth.

I said before that Morris is the missing piece of the puzzle for this game. Im gonna make a bold prediction here and say Kentucky will win the SEC and finish in the top 10..
"Beef" Wrote:I never said that UK was a good as Duke, all I said was that I thought that Duke wasn't number one. Who knows though, we may just get to see this matchup come tourney time..... :beer:

You can throw rankings out the door when these two matchup its always a classic regardless who has struggled. Duke would not blow out Kentucky any time. They may indeed beat them but It would be another instant classic. Kentucky may have only beat these scrub teams by a couple of points but Kentucky would be up challenge. I would love to see them meet in the tournament with Kentucky is firing on all cyclinders with Morris back in the mix.
Pages: 1 2